MERGED --> Steve Irwin (aka Crocodile Hunter) dead?? + Terri Irwin Interview - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2006, 06:41 AM   #226
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:25 AM
Watched it live on animal planet last night and i cried.

True Blue made me cry.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #227
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 01:25 AM
I caught some of the tribute last night and once they got to showing pictures of him with his family, I totally started tearing up. I think it finally drove home that his family will be without him, esp his children.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #228
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:25 AM
They show it tonight here... I think translated...

I'll raise a glass for Steve tonight
Old 09-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #229
Refugee

Local Time: 12:25 AM
Here is a link of the memorial service for who ever missed it.

http://mp3.news.com.au/bcm/irwin-funeral.html
Old 09-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #230
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss
They show it tonight here... I think translated...

I'll raise a glass for Steve tonight

The service was beautiful....I caught some of the....er..."highlights" on A Current Affair.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #231
War Child

The part that made me smile was singing the Gum Tree song and how well composed Bindi is. She's a real tribute to what a great dad Steve was.

The part that really broke me was when they drove his truck out and then that montage of family photos - they looked so recent that I imagine that they could be that last family pictures they ever had taken.

Steve reminds me so much of my dad. He was always so enthusiastic about doing stuff, especially with us kids, and he always had some adventure he wanted to take. He also died at 44 when we were young, so I really feel for his family. I still miss my dad 22 years later. It'll be both a blessing and a curse that his life will be immortalized. They won't be able to ever get away from it but they will also always be able to see and hear him.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:44 PM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:25 AM
Can't watch this ....

BonosBetty, can I pm you about something?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:54 PM   #233
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:25 PM
I cried all the way through the memorial service, it was heart breaking. What a special little girl Bindi is, I can't wait to see what she does to continue her dad's work throughout her life.

Poor Terri, she looked almost wooden at first, I can imagine it was all she could do to sit there for an hour, in front of the world, trying to keep her composure.

I agree, the family pics in the final montage looked very recent, little Bob looked about the size he is now so they couldn't have been very old at all. I was happy when I read that they had just all spent the month of August together as a family in the bush, at least they have those good memories to hang on to.

Driving the truck out, and the whole crowd singing True Blue, and Russell Crowe's heartfelt goodbye, and poor Wes not being able to keep his composure....it was all just so, so sad.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:05 PM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

I know I might sound completely insane here but:

Steve's death has affected me personally. Firstly, I have NEVER missed a single episode of his show. When I was still living in Tanzania, I'd watch it after school, fighting with family members who wanted to watch something else. Being the youngest, I usually got my way.

Coming here to the US for college, I also made it a point to schedule my classes around his show. I then bought anything I could about him, printed out his pictures from the Internet, blew them up and hung them like I would a rockstar's. In a nutshell, I was a huge fan. I had emailed Animal Planet about wanting to meet him, etc. I forced my friends to watch the show with me. I googled everything about him, had a scrapbook of him too.

And now....

I have never ever experienced the death of someone before - my grandparents dying wasn't as bad, because I wasn't that close to them as my sister was. But, when I heard of Steve's death, I literally went numb for a while. Then the tears started flowing... and wouldn't stop. My family called me up here to ask if I knew and if I was ok. It's wierd because I had never met him, but it's like the death of someone I was close to!

I am really having a hard time dealing with this... and refuse to watch/read anything about him now. I know I sound insane. But... that's how it is. It's like...God forbid, Bono dying. Someone with whom we feel we have a personal connection with.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #235
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 10:25 PM
Babydoll, it's not unusual to be feeling the way you do. Steve Irwin's death has affected me like no other celebrity passing ever has. He was an endearing person on a true mission in life and he shared his family and bared his soul and passions with all of us. It was very difficult watching the memorial service but it was very special and beautiful, and I could feel Steve's spirit there. I feel for his wife and kids, but also feel strongly they will find strength in carrying on his environmental work throughout their lives in Steve's name.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #236
Blue Crack Distributor

What a brave and courageous little girl that Bindi. It brought tears to my eyes when she spoke about here daddy.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:43 AM   #237
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I almost cried right there, with Bindi

the I fell asleep, and woke up for the finale... the song, and the photos.. I almost cried again

you are the man, Steve...
Old 09-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #238
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
Babydoll, it's not unusual to be feeling the way you do. Steve Irwin's death has affected me like no other celebrity passing ever has. He was an endearing person on a true mission in life and he shared his family and bared his soul and passions with all of us. It was very difficult watching the memorial service but it was very special and beautiful, and I could feel Steve's spirit there. I feel for his wife and kids, but also feel strongly they will find strength in carrying on his environmental work throughout their lives in Steve's name.

Thanks! Yeah I know all that but.... WHY DID HE HAVE TO GO??/ WHAT DID HE DO WRONG? WHY HIM? HE'S SPENT HIS ENTIRE LIFE HELPING AND AIDING THE HELPLESS.

Why?? It's not fair, I just don't get it. There is no fairness or justice in the world. Someone so enthusiastic about everything, someone so passionate has his life taken away in a second. It's not fair, I repeat. You have criminals walking around scot-free and God decides to deprive this man of his life.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:31 AM   #239
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by tiny dancer
What a brave and courageous little girl that Bindi. It brought tears to my eyes when she spoke about here daddy.
Same for me.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-21-2006, 06:53 PM   #240
Blue Crack Supplier

I cried my eyes out the other day when i saw the report of the memorial, and especially when Bindi was speaking in front of Steve's picture....oh my god, i just went to pieces and was filling up

It's just not fair