MERGED-->Starsailor + starsailor is back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jenn and I went to see them interviewed for a Channel 4 programme at the inhumane hour of 9:30 this morning (meaning we had to leave at 7:30 to get from East London to West London, and then we saw the cast of Big Brother 4, but had no idea who they were). It was a short interview and the interviewers were horrible uninformed, but we saw a clip of the video for "Silence Easy" and all.

Now I'm just excited about the special gig at ULU on August 11th and the Nottingham gig the day after my birthday!! :hyper:

Sharky, I have a boot from the March 2nd, 2002 show in Philly and one from the Pinkpop Festival that I meant to send to you, then realized that I don't have your address anymore from the first Interference CD exchange, and have been too lazy to PM you. :reject: If you send me your address, when my computer is fixed, I'll copy the cds for you.

So Megan and I went to a Starsailor gig last night in a small venue - much smaller than where they'll play in London when they officially tour (it was a warm up for the rolling stones gigs i think; you had to win tickets to go to it, couldn't buy them). It was AMAZING. Seriously, SO good. Go see them if you get the chance. They haven't announced a US tour yet, but they will, so... :heart: They have the guitar player from the charlatans on loan for a bit, playing with them...it really adds to the sound. AND - James Walsh did a bit of "all i want is you" last night... :yes: I was literally swooning...anyway, ok, words are failing me at how amazing it was, so I'll stop. But...yeah. :combust:

:yes: :love:

I want to see Starsailor again. NOW. Hopefully the TV show taping thing on Friday will be fun....and we won't look like stalkers for being EVERYWHERE they are. :shifty:

For anyone who's interested, last night's setlist was:

?Music Was Saved?
?Alcoholic?
?Poor Misguided Fool?
?Fidelity?
?Lullaby?
?Telling Them?
?Four To The Floor?
?Born Again?
?Tie Up My Hands?
?Silence Is Easy?
?Some Of Us?
?Good Souls?

The new stuff is stunning live....I think "Silence Is Easy" was probably my favourite song, but the partial "All I Want Is You" cover was definitely the highlight of the night. It was EASILY the best gig I've been to all year (topping even Idlewild at the Mercury Lounge and Jesse Malin at the Union Chapel). I give it a 442/10. :hyper:

meegannie said:

It was EASILY the best gig I've been to all year (topping even Idlewild at the Mercury Lounge and Jesse Malin at the Union Chapel). I give it a 442/10. :hyper:

wowser!

They best bring there arses to DC again. How was born again. I love that song. guess I should check soulseek for some new songs.

and damn I missed Jesse Malin at Iota on friday night.

Glad you all had so much fun. Megan your rating scale - I have never seen such reviews before :up:

DiGi said:
They best bring there arses to DC again. How was born again. I love that song.
I'm sure they will...I'll probably be over there at that point too. :hyper:
Born Again... :heart: It was excellent...love the new extended version...
nottingham, nottingham, nottingham...get here NOW. Right megan? Only by then I'll be done here. :scream:

starsailor is back

the new video for the song "Silence is Easy" is on NME. go to nme.com/features and it should be near the top. good song, produced by Phil Spector before he killed that woman in his house. But I digress....

anyone know when the album is out?

YAY!! Sorry, EXTREMELY excited about Starsailor... :heart: Megan and I saw them live a couple weeks ago at a small gig here in London....absolutely AMAZING. Honestly, just...they were amazing before, but now...they just keep getting better. There's a thread here somewhere about it...sorry, too lazy to find it. :reject:
The Silence is Easy single is out Sept 1. The album, of the same name, is out Sept 15. Err...one day later in the states?? Anyway, the new stuff is fantastic, and...just...yeah. :love: At the gig in London, James Walsh sang a bit of "all i want is you." :combust: So good. Can't wait to see them again. Oh, they've also enlisted the assistance of Charlatan's guitar player Mark Collins for their live gigs. The extra guitar really adds a lot. :)

Let's see if this works...
James Stelfox, Aug 11 London gig

Attachments

• starsailor stel resized.jpg
    starsailor stel resized.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 32
And James Walsh too...unfortunately I didn't get a better picture, but this one is fun anyway :)

Attachments

• james resized.jpg
    james resized.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 32
Hello everyone! I accidentaly found this forum while searching Google. Anyone interested in trading Starsailor live CD-R's? Meegannie, I 'd love to have a copy of the Philadelphia bootleg, I 'm sure we 'll find something to trade. E-mail me, if interested

luthien72@gmx.net

I picked up Silence is Easy last week in NYC...I love 3 or 4 of the songs but overall I like the first one much better.

I decided to put this under an existing thread, but had to be sure it wasn't the one about touring the US, since, sadly, that's not the case. Anyhow, here's this in case anyone in the UK feels like heading to London. I wish I was still there for this!!! (shack, HAL, and lemon jelly are all very fun too...)

"Starsailor will be headlining a gig to promote Fair Trade at the Coronet Theatre in London on May 27th. Other acts performing are Shack, HAL and Lemon Jelly (DJ set). Tickets for this exclusive event are priced at ?16 and are available from ticketweb or by calling 0870 060 1793 or Stargreen on 020 7734 8932."
(from starsailor's official site)

:sigh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom