MERGED-->Star Wars III: Revenge Of The Sith + trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgeman

Refugee
Star Wars Episode 3 Trailer Online

Alright everyone, I wanted to post this as a stand alone topic because I didn't want to touch the spoiler topic. I wanted everyone and anyone who wanted to find the trailer without having to dodge spoilers to have quick and easy access.

So with that said....download and be in awe of Episode 3.

The link is to aintitcoolnews' story...scroll to the bottom for a link to the trailer.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=19607

that's pretty big. but I guess you could burn it onto a DVD and get it off your computer pretty quick.

still have that HDTV link?

laz

****SPOILER ALERT****

You know, I'm not liking how this conversion of Anakin seems to be happening. It seems almost like he is becoming a victim of circumstance rather than truly becoming evil. What with his mom being captured and killed, and now being isolated with Dooku and Sidious, and Padme inevitably going to kick the bucket...I dunno. I'd rather have him freely become more and more evil rather than just being a victim of bad circumstances. :shrug:

****SPOILER ALERT****

DaveC said:
****SPOILER ALERT****

You know, I'm not liking how this conversion of Anakin seems to be happening. It seems almost like he is becoming a victim of circumstance rather than truly becoming evil. What with his mom being captured and killed, and now being isolated with Dooku and Sidious, and Padme inevitably going to kick the bucket...I dunno. I'd rather have him freely become more and more evil rather than just being a victim of bad circumstances. :shrug:

****SPOILER ALERT****

No, his fall is clearly a choice.

If the source macfistowannabe posted is in fact accurate, then the circumstances around Padme's death make nbcrusader's comment very much TRUE.

God, I just realized that LOTR is over, the Star Wars prequels are over... I'm not THAT interested in Narnia... What hope is there for a fantasy geek now?

UnforgettableLemon said:
God, I just realized that LOTR is over, the Star Wars prequels are over... I'm not THAT interested in Narnia... What hope is there for a fantasy geek now?

Well, once King Kong is done, Jackson plans on going back to do The Hobbit.

IF the two studios who own the rights can come to an agreement, that is.

I know. But that's too far away. The SW PT and LOTR had regularity. There is of course Harry Potter, but we do have to rely on Jo Rowling getting the last book out before the kids have kids of their own.

UnforgettableLemon said:
If the source macfistowannabe posted is in fact accurate, then the circumstances around Padme's death make nbcrusader's comment very much TRUE.

I suppose that's true. I had forgotten all about that part down near the end. Whoops. :shrug:

Lucas calls new 'Star Wars' a titanic tearjerker

LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - Director George Lucas had a message for fans as he previewed a glimpse of the final tale in the billion-dollar "Star Wars" film franchise: leave the lightsabers at home, but don't forget the tissues.

"It's not like the first one. It's more emotional," said the director of the upcoming space adventure "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith," which arrives in theaters May 19.

"I describe it as a 'Titanic' in space. It's a real tearjerker, and it will be received in a way that none of us can expect," he told theater owners at the ShoWest convention.

ShoWest is a major gathering of movie theater owners in the United States and a launch pad for Hollywood's summer movies.

Film studio 20th Century Fox teased a packed house here with the first six minutes of "Revenge of the Sith," marking the first time the scenes had been shown to audiences.

Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) and master Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) wage a furious fight against their adversaries in a battle of deadly spaceships. In this episode, Skywalker becomes the notorious Darth Vader.

Lucas and the promotional clip did not divulge much about the "tearjerker" love story. But Senator Amidala (Natalie Portman), who married Skywalker in a secret ceremony witnessed in the last movie, plays a key role.

They are all tear jerkers......

Who didn't cry when Luke couldn't go to Toshi Station to buy some power converters....

Who didn't cry when Han was frozen in a block of carbonite.....

Who didn't cry when Anakin got to see his son with his own eyes.....

nbcrusader said:
They are all tear jerkers......

Who didn't cry when Luke couldn't go to Toshi Station to buy some power converters....

It's just not fair! :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm sure there will be internet leaks

here's some more from another article on cnn.com

Reaction was mixed on "Episode I -- The Phantom Menace" and "Episode II -- Attack of the Clones," many fans grousing that the first one was too much a kiddie flick and the second one too sappy a love story. Calling the latest movie a Faustian tragedy, Lucas said he is unconcerned about whether "Revenge of the Sith" draws more barbs from "Star Wars" fans.

"I feel that I've made the movie the best I can and it turned out the way I wanted it to be, so I'm happy," Lucas, 60, told The Associated Press in an interview. "I never try to anticipate what the world's going to think or even worry about whether they're going to like it or not. That's not my job, to make people like my movies. They either like them or they don't. That's completely out of my hands."

The intensity of the action and themes in "Revenge of the Sith" probably will earn it a PG-13 rating, Lucas said. The first five "Star Wars" movies all were rated PG.

Lucas' entry at ShoWest was preceded by a parade of 21 "Star Wars" stormtroopers in white armor, followed by an actor dressed as Darth Vader.

Along with the trailer, Lucas showed the opening minutes of "Revenge of the Sith," featuring the familiar "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." catch phrase followed by the franchise's rousing introductory music.

The film immediately launches into a space battle elaborate even by "Star Wars" standards as Anakin (Hayden Christensen) and his Jedi knight master, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor), lead a mission to rescue the kidnapped Palpatine, chancellor of the Republic.

The trailer sets up the rest of the scenario, with the suspicious Jedi council assigning Anakin to spy on Palpatine after his rescue, while the chancellor -- the future evil Emperor of the original trilogy -- plots to seduce the young knight to the dark side of the Force.

"It's very dangerous putting them together," warns Jedi master Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson). "I don't think the boy can handle it."

Everyone who has seen the original "Star Wars" knows Mace is right. That film opens in a dark, oppressive age a couple of decades after the action of "Revenge of the Sith," when Vader and the Emperor have conquered the cosmos, stamped out democratic rule and are hunting down the vestiges of a freedom-fighting rebellion.

"Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" recount the rise of Anakin's farmboy son, Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), who teams with his newfound sister Leia (Carrie Fisher) and brash smuggler Han Solo (Harrison Ford) to take down the Empire and ultimately redeem Vader, bringing him back to the side of the good guys.

Amid the climax of 1983's "Return of the Jedi," Luke takes off Vader's black mask so father and son can see each other face to face in the elder Skywalker's dying moments.

Luke and Leia's characters will appear as infants in "Revenge of the Sith."

The trailer screened Thursday showed what fans have been waiting for since Lucas began the story of Anakin's journey from good toward evil in "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones." Namely, Anakin in the guise of Vader: Black cloak, mask and helmet, an outfit rigged with life-support devices for Skywalker, whose battle wounds have left him part flesh, part machine.

Lucas knows many fans wanted the prequel trilogy to introduce Vader early on rather than trace Anakin's downfall from nice little boy to bratty teen to dark knight of the galaxy. "Revenge of the Sith" presents Anakin in Vader's black get-up only at the very end of the movie, Lucas said.

"Obviously, fans would love to see a movie about Darth Vader running around killing people," said Lucas, who also was on hand to receive a "galactic-achievement award" from ShoWest organizers. "I'm not telling that story, and I'm not interested in that. That's not what the movie is.

"This first trilogy is really about the father, the struggles of a father, or a man, basically, to find himself, and at the same time fall into a trap of wanting certain powers, making a pact with the devil and basically spending the rest of his life regretting it."

nbcrusader said:

Will be? I've already read a fairly complete plot treatment.

I believe she was referring to my comment about wanting to see the first six minutes of the movie.

We all know the story is out there. Hell, the book is out in a couple of weeks anyway.

Hope for fantasy geeks like me: Movie-trilogy called "His Dark Materials" written by Philip Pullman. book one: "Northern lights".
(I think the first book is known as "the golden compass" in USA) by New Line Cinema in 2006..
I´m actually against the idea of a movie being made, because the books are so great (sometimes things like this work, sometimes not..) but at least for me there´s something to look forward to..
..and of course the Revenge of the sith :drool:

I'm sort of looking forward to bad reviews, just so I can see someone call it Revenge of the Shit.

:reject:

Okay, not really. I'm just surprised I haven't seen that typo yet.

phanan said:

I believe she was referring to my comment about wanting to see the first six minutes of the movie.

I know. I've read a good part of the dialogue for the opening 6 minutes - it will be a whirlwind of a ride!!!

Back
Top Bottom