MERGED-->Springsteen - Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose the lyrics are more easily identified with if your male, but I like the song for the passion he sings with (can just picture his neck veins exploding while he sings it) and the searing guitar work.

"The Boss" in San Fran

Well a friend gave me a free ticket to see Bruce Springsteen in concert last friday night in San Francisco. WOW, to see the Boss in concert!! I don't know his music too well, but it was fun. Although...the throngs of people gave me flashbacks of U2 concerts i've been to, and i wished to god i was at a u2 concert....

I hope you get just a great setlist as last night, which, according to reports was amazing:

1. JANEY DON'T YOU LOSE HEART (tour premiere)
2. The Rising
3. Lonesome Day
4. Candy's Room
5. Trapped
6. Empty Sky
7. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
8. Roll of the dice
9. Because the night
10. Badlands
11. Out in the Street
12. Mary's Place (w/snippets of Another Saturday Night)
13. ACROSS THE BORDER (with special guest EMMYLOU HARRIS)
14. Into the Fire
15. Thunder Road (dedicated to the memory of Jim Berger)

(end of main set)

16. This Hard Land (dedicated to VVA (Vietnam Veterans of America) Foundation founder Bobby Muller)
17. RAISE YOUR HAND (Rising tour premiere, with special guests DAVE and SERGE BIELANKO from MARAH, who brought flowers out on-stage for Patti)
18. Glory Days
19. Born to Run
20. Seven Nights to Rock

(end of first encore)

21. My City of Ruins
22. Land of Hope and Dreams
23. Pretty Flamingo
24. Rosalita
25. Dancing in the Dark

:eek:

Marty

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what an amazing show last night... 3 encores... just shy of 3 hours... it think it was like 2 hours and 52 minutes or something... what a show.

I saw the setlist. Indeed, it looks like an amazing show. Jersey Girl as closer! :hyper:

most people, myself included, thought the show was over after dancing in the dark... 'cause he's closed a lot of his shows that way... plus the house lights had already been on for like 4 songs already! they took a bow, their second of the night, bruce started talkin' with some of the band, got himself a guitar from a roadie, and it was time for jersey girl. i'll tell ya... it's pretty surreal standing there at about the 50 yard line of Giants Stadium, looking all around at the people in the stands... made me want to run up and sack bruce like he was Donovan McNabb or somethin...
McNabb2.jpg

Saw Bruce in fenway Park last night. What a show. Got to stand in center field. Show started with Danny playing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame on organ while the band strolled onstage, with Bruce leading the crowd in the final chorus.
Set list included Adam Raised a Cain, Something in the Night, Spirit in the Night, Because the Night, Jungleland, Frankie, Thunder Road and closed with the obligatory Peter Wolf duet on Dirty Water. Show clocked in at 3hrs 5 minutes, finishing at 11:15, breaking curfew after there had been much insistence the shows would end at 11 sharp (Fenway park is right in the middle of a section of the city with many residences so there was concern about noise). I don't think the ballpark is the ideal place for concerts (I was on field and it was fine, but it looked like any seat in the stands was too far away), but the new Sox owners would like to do more, so maybe we'll see U2 or Pearl Jam(new Sox GM is a huge PJ fan) there in 2004 or 2005.

:up:

Adam Raised A Cain! :hyper:
I got Spirit In The Night at my first ever Bruce concert (Barcelona, 9 April 1999), but I cannot recall it that well. :|

C ya!

Marty

Fenway 2 was magical

:heart: Bruce :heart:

Setlist: Diddy Wah Diddy/The Rising/Lonesome Day/Adam Raised a Cain/Something in the Night/Empty Sky/Waitin' on a Sunny Day/Spirit in the Night/For You/Because the Night/She's the One/Badlands/Mary's Place/Frankie/Jungleland/Into the Fire/Thunder Road

First Encore: Further On Up the Road/Glory Days/Born to Run/Seven Nights to Rock

Second Encore: My City of Ruins/Born in the U.S.A./Rosalita/Dancing in the Dark/Dirty Water (with Peter Wolf)

not a bad seat in the park

Hewson said:
I don't think the ballpark is the ideal place for concerts (I was on field and it was fine, but it looked like any seat in the stands was too far away), but the new Sox owners would like to do more, so maybe we'll see U2 or Pearl Jam(new Sox GM is a huge PJ fan) there in 2004 or 2005.

Fantastic rock n' roll show!!! My husband said, "Bruce is not my favorite, but I have to admit that was THE GREATEST ROCK N' ROLL SHOW I've seen yet!" He did not include U2's Inside Zoo TV in that collection (not really comparable).

Fenway Park is an awesome place for a rock concert. We sat up in the left field grandstand section 31 and had a great view of the whole park...the neatly lined seats throughout the entire outfield...the place was loud!!! Definitely a better venue than my previous show at Giants Stadium in July. You got an intimate feeling despite being with 35,000.

Bruce was very into the fact he was in the soul of the city as he encouraged the crowd to join him in an "exorcism" brought on by the "greedy bastards from New *********, ummmmm Pennsylvania." Like a true rock n' roll minister, he claimed to feel our pain (Red Sox fans) and acknowledged our great suffering.

An absolutely great show. We saw him fly out of the park after the show in his dark long SUV, his wet head poking out of the sunroof, waving to all the fans outside the clubs.

As for seeing U2 at Fenway Park in 2004, that would be like dying and going to heaven...oh, that and the Red Sox winning the World Series, too!!

Little details like "BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN" on the old time scoreboard were incredible. I read the day after that the groundskeeper had inscribed "B R U C E" in the outfield under the plastic corrugated. The park looked absolutely fantastic!!!

Today is the big day but its fucking raining - it better stop for the boss

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom