MERGED-->Snow Patrol Are Back!!! + Snow Patrol...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Final Straw
that's all I've heard, but I like it
It's a step ahead of most other brit-rock; takes more chances. Kinda like Seafood

The title track is my favorite.
anyway, I might get the new one!

hippy said:

YAY!!!!! :hyper:

That show was good times, Carrie! :D

Have a great time and say hi to guys for me! (Any interview this time?)

The St. Pete show was absolutely amazing.

No interviews this time, but I am trying to see about an afterparty ;)

A Sufjan Stevens reference in the second track, 'Hands Open'!

I don't know why that excites me.

Put Sufjan Stevens on
And we'll play your favorite song

Something like that.

Gary's voice sounds a lot different on this record, but I'm enjoying it after the first two songs. Chasing Cars is next and I'm looking foward to hearing it.

inmyplace13 said:
Gary's voice sounds a lot different on this record, but I'm enjoying it after the first two songs. Chasing Cars is next and I'm looking foward to hearing it.

Ooh.. tell us more when you get a chance!!

inmyplace13 said:
A Sufjan Stevens reference in the second track, 'Hands Open'!

I don't know why that excites me.

Put Sufjan Stevens on
And we'll play your favorite song

Something like that.

Illinoise was one of the albums Gary kept talking about while recording was going on :yes:

(I'm a Snow Patrol geek and kept up with all of the studio diaries, etc. :) )

I am loving "You're All I Have" :heart: and I can't wait for the album! The US better get hip and make sure the release date doesn't get pushed back for this one...

After two listens I really enjoyed the record, and time will tell whether or not I think it is as good as 'Final Straw'. I do think it was very good though and had some excellent tracks, the most Snow Patrol-y of which is probably "It's Beginning To Get To Me", which finishes with some absolutely gorgeous vocals by Gary. The end of "Shut Your Eyes" definitely shows a strong Sufjan influence. "Set Fire To The Third Bar" is a really unique track and I can't quite put my finger on it yet.

In short, I'm not disappointed at all. You guys are gonna love it.

Oh, jesus.

I'm still drunk I think from last night, so when I sober up and get some wits about me, I'll post some thoughts and some pics from the show at Bowery Ballroom last night.

Snow Patrol geeks will remain geeks and I think once again the band won over everyone in attendance last night.

If anyone else wants the new album, post your email addy because I'm making a project for it later and I'll send you the link.

Alright I just sent the first batch of emails out, so phanan, nate, and redkat: you've all got the link.

OK. I admit it. I'm a complete and total nerd for Snow Patrol.

Maybe it's the fact that they aren't superstars. They aren't married to Academy Award-winning snotbag actresses. They make music that moves you without being whiny, cloying or boring. Gary Lightbody, the lithe and vocally-gifted frontman doesn't proselytize. None of them are Jack White sexy. (Well, Lightbody kind of is in a geeky everyman way.) Sure, they're probably not "cool" and you're probably sick of "Run" if you're not a fan. But for the fans in attendance last night at Bowery Ballroom, it didn't matter. Snow Patrol will win you over by doing what they do best - making beautiful music that rocks without being retarded.

In the middle of a small club tour ahead of the upcoming release of Eyes Open, the show straddled a satisfying line between the Final Straw tour and what looks to be the setlist for the Eyes Open tour. Final Straw had a galvanizing effect on willing listeners; a feeling that doesn't diminish over time like popular fad bands today. Snow Patrol realizes this, and thusly played a setlist heavy on both albums.

Of the new songs, "Chasing Cars," "Make This Go on Forever" and "Set Fire to the Third Bar" with special guest Martha Wainwright were the most memorable and completely spectacular. The faster songs, or rather, louder songs, set Snow Patrol far apart from their unfortunate Coldplay-lite corner. "How to Be Dead" was easily a crowd favorite as evidenced by most people around me screaming, "Oh my gawwwwd this is MY SONG!!" Eyes Open looks to have more Radiohead-ish spaceage flourishes than Coldplay seems capable of these days, and you believe them. You believe everything they say because you have no reason to think otherwise. In an age where kids like Arctic Monkeys take over the hysterical music press out of the gate and appear to have questionable staying power once the light shines elsewhere, it's nice to see a band of Snow Patrol's calibre playing small clubs, hanging out at the bar pre-show, smiling at their fans and genuinely having a good time. Because, after all, that's what it should be about, and isn't nearly often enough.

119940878_f7cd880f52.jpg

About to get my geek on and drunk as the liver will allow.

119940879_e2f90edae0.jpg

119940880_7a5a5ba825.jpg

119940881_48b8a61950.jpg

Gary and Martha Wainwright for "Set Fire to the Third Bar."

119940883_3dbad3acb5.jpg

119940882_0ac76df6ef.jpg

Set list:

Wow
Chocolate
Beginning to Get to Me
Spitting Games
Hands Open
Headlights
Grazed knees
Chasing Cars
Shut Your Eyes
How to Be Dead
Make This Go on Forever
Ways and Means
Set Fire to the Third Bar (with special guest Martha Wainwright)
Run
You're All I Have

Encore:
Open Your Eyes
Tiny Little Fractures

HelloAngel said:
They aren't married to Academy Award-winning snotbag actresses.

:mad:

Love the setlist though, thanks for that. Thanks for the report too. :up:

Back
Top Bottom