MERGED-->Snow Patrol Are Back!!! + Snow Patrol...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redkat said:

Mar 09th 2007 – Nokia Theatre, Grand Prairie, TX.
Mar 10th 2007 – Stubbs Bar-BQ, Austin, TX.

9th is a Friday, and it's the Friday I'd be going back to Dallas for Spring Break. So the Nokia show is doable. I could always just stay here an extra day and see them at Stubb's.

Decision, decisions.

redkat said:
:bump:

NORTH AMERICAN TOUR ANNOUNCED!

Following their sold out North American tour in the fall of 2006, we can exclusively announce that Snow Patrol will be returning to the United States and Canada at the beginning of 2007.

Apr 04th 2007 – The Pageant, St. Louis, MO.
Apr 05th 2007 – Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI.
Apr 06th 2007 – Northrop Auditorium, Minneapolis, MN.

:hyper: finally i may get to see them!

which show should i get tickets for? :hmm:

I'd go to Minneapolis Adam but I'm partial ;)

Three new shows added
Mar 03rd 2007 – SDSU Open Air Theatre, San Diego, CA.
Mar 05th 2007 – Saltair, Magna, UT.
Mar 08th 2007 – Cain’s Ballroom, Tulsa, OK
Mar 09th 2007 – Nokia Theatre, Grand Prairie, TX.
Mar 10th 2007 – Stubbs Bar-BQ, Austin, TX.
Mar 19th 2007 – Bank United Center, Coral Gables, FL.
Mar 20th 2007 – Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL.
Mar 21st 2007 – The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Duluth, GA.
Mar 24th 2007 – Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ.
Mar 26th 2007 – Theatre at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY.
Mar 27th 2007 – Theatre at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY. **EXTRA DATE"*
Mar 28th 2007 – Agganis Arena, Boston, MA.
Mar 30th 2007 – Metropolis, Montreal, QC.
Mar 31st 2007 – Ricoh, Toronto, ONT.
Apr 01st 2007 – State Theatre, Detroit, MI.
Apr 04th 2007 – The Pageant, St. Louis, MO.
Apr 05th 2007 – Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI.
Apr 06th 2007 – Northrop Auditorium, Minneapolis, MN.
Apr 07th 2007– Burton Cummings Theatre, Winnipeg, MB. **JUST ANNOUNCED**
Apr 09th 2007 – MacEwan Hall, Calgary, AB. **JUST ANNOUNCED**
Apr 10th 2007– Shaw Conference Centre, Edmonton, AB. **JUST ANNOUNCED**

They added more dates :)

February 07

26th - Memorial Coliseum, Portland, OR. **JUST ANNOUNCED**

March 07

3rd - SDSU Open Air Theatre, San Diego, CA.
5th - Saltair, Magna, UT.
6th - Fillmore Auditrium, Denver, CO. **JUST ANNOUNCED**
8th - Cain’s Ballroom, Tulsa, OK.
9th - Nokia Theatre, Grand Prairie, TX.
10th - Stubbs Bar-BQ, Austin, TX.
11th - Verizon Wireless Theater, Houston, TX. **JUST ANNOUNCED**
19th - Bank United Center, Coral Gables, FL.
20th - Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL.
21st - The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Duluth, GA.
23rd - Bender Arena, Washington, DC. **JUST ANNOUNCED**
24th - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ.
26th - Theatre at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY.
27th - Theatre at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY.
28th - Agganis Arena, Boston, MA.
30th - Metropolis, Montreal, QC.
31st - Ricoh, Toronto, ONT.

April 07

1st - State Theatre, Detroit, MI.
2nd - Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL.
4th - The Pageant, St. Louis, MO.
5th - Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI.
6th - Northrop Auditorium, Minneapolis, MN.
7th - Burton Cummings Theatre, Winnipeg, MB.
9th - MacEwan Hall, Calgary, AB.
10th - Shaw Conference Centre, Edmonton, AB.

For full ticket information please click here.

US RADIO SHOWS THIS WEEK!

Snow Patrol will be performing at the following radio events this week.

December 2006

5th - KTCL, Denver - Not So Silent Night @ Fillmore Auditorium
7th - KNDD, Seattle - Deck the Hall Ball @ Key Arena
9th - KBKS, Seattle
10th - KROQ, LA - Almost Acoustic Christmas @ Gibson Amphitheatre

inmyplace13 said:
Is anyone else completely sick of Chasing Cars now?

I hate it when songs I've liked for almost half a year get popular on the radio all of the sudden and then get ridiculously overplayed (I'm looking at you, The Scientist.)

I'm over Snow Patrol.

The popularity of Chasing Cars exemplifies the power of television in influencing our musical taste. In Australia for example, no one had heard anything bout the song until the Gray's Anatomy finale was screened only recently, and now the song is talked about as if it's the best thing since sliced bread. Unbelievable.

All That I Have and Run are still ok to listen to occasionally

Here are the three added shows,Presales going on now... though I think SF has already sold out and I couldn't get anything good to come up for LA so that may be gone soon too.

The new dates are:

February 2007

27th - Key Arena, Seattle, WA.

March 2007

1st - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA.
2nd - Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA.

NEWS »
Rumours abound that Snow Patrol members Gary Lightbody and Nathan Connolly will be releasing solo albums as their next projects. Lead singer Gary’s album is likely to be a set of duets with female singers, following on from the Martha Wainwright collaboration on the band’s fourth studio album ‘Eyes Open

Snow Patrol Members To Release Solo Albums
Gary Lightbody goes 'electro'...

Snow Patrol front man Gary Lightbody has revealed that several members of the band including himself are planning solo albums.

And his own work looks set to be a departure from the usual Snow Patrol sound with Lightbody describing it as having “an electro feel”.

Lighbody told the BBC’s Across The Line: "There might be something in the sidelines in that respect, you know. I know Nathan wants to make an album of his own and I'm going to go off and do something on my own in January."

However, fans needn’t worry because it won’t be the end of Snow Patrol.

He added: "We'll always be together - just like the end of 'Grease'."

I know I'm late to the party (if this was a real party, I'd have just walked in, stepped on the soggy beer stained carpet, the chairs are being stacked and the PA is playing Max Bygraves.. :madspit: ) but I've just bought this as a Xmas pressy to myself and just luuuuurrrrvvvveee it. AND I made it before the end of the year! :up:

Snow Patrol drummer Jonny Quinn has broken his arm in a snowboarding accident.

The injury means Quinn will not be able to join the band on their upcoming tour of Europe and Australia, which begins in Offenbach on March 4.

Quinn's injury is the latest in an unfortunate run of mishaps for the band - they had to cancel gigs last year when singer Gary Lightbody lost his voice, while bassist Paul Wilson missed a number of gigs through illness.

In Quinn's stead, former Therapy? drummer Graham Hopkins will dig out his sticks and join the band on the tour.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a41922/snow-patrol-drummer-breaks-arm.html

Breaks his arm in a SNOWboarding accident of all things.

^I think that's a mistake it should say Feb. They'll be in the U.S in March.

hi y’all, just wanted to let you know about the broken arm.

i thought it was time that someone from snow patrol learnt to snowboard, so i took myself off to chamonix. however on the first day i tumbled down a hill and broke my elbow. fortunately it is not a bad break and it looks like i will be set for australia.

the rest of the band did not want to play with another drummer for the upcoming european dates but i didn't want to cancel anymore gigs after last year, so we've asked longtime friend and ex-therapy? drummer, graham hopkins to step in for the forthcoming european shows.

see you all soon
jonny .

Saw Snow Patrol play on Saturday night - first time i've seen them - Oh my god this was an amazing show. They played at the Belvoir ampitheatre - brilliant venue for them - Gary even mentioned something about it probably being one of the most amazing venue they had ever played in.

SP were in top form and the audience just totally got into it. Hmmm Perth audiences are sometimes not the most enthusiastic compared to our eastern state cousins but tonight it was absoutley fantastic esp from the under 18's section. Gary must have played a large part to - he had great interaction with the crowd, and everyone just loved it.

Hmmm highlights - for me definetly Spitting Games, Make this go on forever, Run and You're all I have. Crowd favourite was Chasing Cars without a doubt...this just totally went off - Gary even stopped singing - it just sounded amazing.

Hmmm a very wierd moment happened during Make this go on forever....Gary was singing the line "All i can keep thinking throughout this whole flight" whilst looking up at the sky and what should be happening a bloody plane is taking off overhead.

Anyhow for the aussie fans - Gary mentioned they'll be back in September....so not to long to wait.

just saw them at an acoustic gig in LA over the weekend at a small club of like 300, was pretty badass.

the lead singer guy sure likes to ramble, and likes to forget the words to the songs. kind of reminds me of another lead singer :wink:

U2 Bliss said:
Anyhow for the aussie fans - Gary mentioned they'll be back in September....so not to long to wait.

WHAAT!!!...That would be so awesome, since I missed out on getting tix to the Festival Hall Show.

Muse are probably coming back in September too :hyper:...what a year this is turning out to be!

Chizip said:
just saw them at an acoustic gig in LA over the weekend at a small club of like 300, was pretty badass.

the lead singer guy sure likes to ramble, and likes to forget the words to the songs. kind of reminds me of another lead singer :wink:

:giggle: sounds like you had a great time...

I am going to see them this month in New Jersey.. can't wait! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom