MERGED-->Search Warrant served on Michael Jacksons Ranch + hes (accused of being) bad - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2003, 06:31 PM   #31
LCK
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
Well, the thing that struck me from that creepy special last year was that the kids look at Michael with total love in their eyes. Children who are abused do not look at their abusers like that. They have fear in their eyes, not love. I guess that's what the parents see.

He is not well, but is innocent until proven guilty, period.

I agree he has not been proven guilty joyfulgirl, but I don't agree that abused children do not look at their abusers with love in their eyes. Sadly they often love and trust the person who has betrayed them and this damages them psychologically for a lifetime. Abusers are often those close to the child- a family member, teacher, priest, family friend, scout leader etc. Imho I think Michael Jackson is quite likely guilty- if not of out-and-out sexual molestation at least inappropriate, highly questionable behaviour. In Micheal's case his reputation preceeds him and the parents should not have taken such a chance. Other incidents, such as draping his children in veils in public and the infamous 'baby dangling' incident make me wonder if he is fit to even be around his own children. I don't mean to condemn the man- I would get no pleasure in seeing him feathered and tarred, he's a tragic figure in desperate need of psychiatric intervention.

Old 11-20-2003, 06:34 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
I WANT to give him the benefit of the doubt but I just cannot get past the fact that he has admitted publicly that he shares his bed with children.

I don't care how eccentric, different or misunderstood someone is...a 45 year old man has no business sharing a bed with children that aren't his.

And if it IS totally innocent, he needs to stop doing it because he's just opening himself up to these kinds of allegations.
Exactly. In some ways, I still just can't imagine him doing that to any children.

But he paid off that family the last time...and the sharing of his bed and everything...

I mean, I'm still waiting until everything's proven for sure...but...it just makes me wonder...

Like I said before, if he wanted the stigma of being a child molester to go away, then during those specials, it probably was not the smartest thing in the world to announce that children were allowed to sleep in his bed.

And ditto what anitram and U2Kitten said as well.

I saw the footage of him in handcuffs today...it was just sad. I can't believe that he's gotten to this point. The news people were talking about whether or not his reputation could be salvaged...I think his reputation was altered negatively a long time ago, and there's no turning it around.

It's a shame. .

Angela

Old 11-20-2003, 06:46 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LCK

I agree he has not been proven guilty joyfulgirl, but I don't agree that abused children do not look at their abusers with love in their eyes. Sadly they often love and trust the person who has betrayed them and this damages them psychologically for a lifetime.
You are right--it was just an observation at the time that left an impression and I was commenting on the question as to why parents would let their kids stay with him, that maybe that the love is all they saw and they believed it. But the abused kids I've seen don't have that kind of purity of love in their eyes--it is more a mixture of love and fear and so many confusing things, but it is certainly not black and white and I didn't mean to imply that it is so simple.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:56 PM   #34
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
One of the saddest things is that kids are so trusting, so naive, they WOULDN'T have anything but love in their eyes. If he told them it was "love" and love was good and okay, they wouldn't know any better.

That's how so many molesters get away with it for so long. The kids LIKE them, and believe them and the parents think oh what a nice guy, playing with my kids! I'm talking about things that have happnened in my town, even my own neighborhood. Most molesters aren't scary and mean, only the ones who grab and run. The multiple molester, the repeat offender, the long time guy who gets away with it is always kindly, loving and helpful and even buys the kids gifts. The kids defend them to the end and say what a nice man he is!! The parents adore them and are usually in total shock when an arrest is made.

There was one man in my city who was 73 and had molested kids for 40 years before he was found out.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:04 PM   #35
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

I saw the footage of him in handcuffs today...it was just sad. I can't believe that he's gotten to this point.

I can't believe its gotten to this point either

I started listening to the J-5 in 1974 and was head over heels for Michael when Thriller came out...I had a framed picture of him in my room.

I have my doubts about his innocence but its still really hard to see someone I admired so much in this position.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:33 AM   #36
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TiaraGurl
Apparently he has retained the guy who defended Winona's shoplifting and is currently defending scott peterson.

omg are you kidding me
Old 11-21-2003, 12:49 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
BAW...yeah, I can imagine so-I know I'd feel the same way if it was one of my favorite musicians in this situation. I was thinking about all the Jackson fans that I've come across before these last couple of days. It's crazy enough for those of us who aren't big Jackson fans to hear this. I feel bad for the people who are fans.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
omg are you kidding me
Unfortunately, she's not.

Angela
Old 11-21-2003, 01:35 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:17 PM
what a big mess eh? If he's guilty, he deserves what he gets and more. I hope the justice system operates correctly this time( there was a sentence handed down to a man in Australia today who burned his wife to death...it upset me..a lot. I don't know all the details , but it seemed much too lenient)
MJ must be an easy target for someone to make an accusation against. You do get devious people who plot to make money falsely. He's a big easy target, one would think.
If he has been methodically molesting children, he is ill and needs help and punishment. There are so many adults who adore him, he would have to have some warped view of sex to turn to children.
I admit to being a big fan of the Jackson 5, I remember them so well, and so fondly. So if this proves true, someone who I admired will have horrified me and made this world an even sadder place.
I'm hope this time, money isn't the answer, instead we are told the truth.
God Bless the Child...
Old 11-21-2003, 10:04 AM   #39
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
attention all cars... attention all cars... we have an APB out for a 45 year old white woman. approach with caution. he is believed to be accompanied by a chimp.

well if you can afford it, ya might as well get the best lawyer possiable... he had cochran represent him in 93, now gerragos is the "in" lawyer, so he has him
Old 11-21-2003, 01:13 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by cass
what a big mess eh? If he's guilty, he deserves what he gets and more. I hope the justice system operates correctly this time( there was a sentence handed down to a man in Australia today who burned his wife to death...it upset me..a lot. I don't know all the details , but it seemed much too lenient)
Exactly. If he is found to be guilty, I hope our justice system will give him a reasonable punishment...and give it to him based on what he's done, not based on his celebrity status or whatnot. These are serious charges, and it all should be taken seriously.

Also...that's horrible about the man in Australia. Burned his wife to death?!?! Argh. How on earth do people get that f*cked up?

Quote:
MJ must be an easy target for someone to make an accusation against. You do get devious people who plot to make money falsely. He's a big easy target, one would think.
Yep.

And if this is just so people can get money off him...that's a really sick way of doing it.

Quote:
If he has been methodically molesting children, he is ill and needs help and punishment. There are so many adults who adore him, he would have to have some warped view of sex to turn to children.
Indeed. And I honestly don't think pedophiles can be helped. If someone's mind is that warped that they can hurt children like that...I don't think there's much anyone can do to change them. They're screwed up mentally. There's really nothing that can be done.

Quote:
I admit to being a big fan of the Jackson 5, I remember them so well, and so fondly. So if this proves true, someone who I admired will have horrified me and made this world an even sadder place.
I'm hope this time, money isn't the answer, instead we are told the truth.
Me, too.

Quote:
God Bless the Child...
Yes.

Angela
Old 11-21-2003, 02:00 PM   #41
War Child

Local Time: 05:17 AM
It looks like some of you think it's funny and some of you refuse to believe it's anything more than extortion. Please consider that if it is true, taking up for him and letting him get away will only mean more kids are hurt in the future. I know some of you will always believe some conspiracy theory even if he is found guilty. But think of the kids' welfare over his. How many kids is this going to happen to before people stop feeling sorry for Jackson? So it's not a sure thing he's guilty but it's also not a sure thing he's not, either.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:14 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Leeloo
It looks like some of you think it's funny and some of you refuse to believe it's anything more than extortion. Please consider that if it is true, taking up for him and letting him get away will only mean more kids are hurt in the future. I know some of you will always believe some conspiracy theory even if he is found guilty. But think of the kids' welfare over his. How many kids is this going to happen to before people stop feeling sorry for Jackson? So it's not a sure thing he's guilty but it's also not a sure thing he's not, either.
Who's laughing and who's in denial? I think everyone takes these allegations very seriously. I don't see anyone taking up for him either, although I did say that one is always innocent until proven guilty which is a fact of our legal system and I said this because many people seem to assume that an arrest = guilt. I think everyone just wants the truth.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:23 PM   #43
War Child

Local Time: 05:17 AM
I feel the arrest means there is something very serious going on and there is enough evidence for a case. There hasn't been in the past, despite all the gossip.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:37 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

accuser cedibility issues?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mjaccuser1.html
Old 11-21-2003, 06:52 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
accuser cedibility issues?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mjaccuser1.html
That is a scary read!

I think this is from the earlier case.

Not sure how he was cleared with that testimony.