MERGED ---> Scott Stapp + Stapp is such and idiot. + brawls with 311

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Scott Stapp...

I have never seen Scott Stapp's childhood bedroom, in person nor in pictures. Despite that fact, I am virtually certain that the walls in said room were covered with Pearl Jam/Eddie Veddar and U2/Bono posters. Yes, even if it is very possible that nobody knew who the hell Pearl Jam/Eddie Veddar was at the point in time when Stapp still lived in his childhood bedroom.

In all seriousness, there is nothing original about this guy. Not his music, not his voice, not his image. Watch him in any live performance. All of his stage mannerisms are classic Bono, and all of his singing is classic Veddar. Except that neither is classic when Stapp attempts them, because he sucks. Listening to Stapp when you have access to Pearl Jam or U2 is like driving a Mazda sports car-lookalike when you have access to a Jaguar and a Mercedes.

The Veddar/Bono influences in Stapp are about as subtle as a sledgehammer and a steel crowbar similtaniously impacting your solar plexus and your privates, respectively.

I've actually learned to deal with Scott Stapp sounding like Eddie Vedder. Everyone's influenced by everyone, so if Stappy sounds like Eddie that's his thing.

However I haven't dealt with the fact he sucks.

Did you mean to post this five years ago, when it would have been relevant?

scott stapp sends me emails. ive replied 3 times now asking him to stop. i dont care if he has a new cd coming out, i didnt even like him when he was with creed. why would i want scott stapp ENews now?? :scratch:

When I was chatting with my grandfather the other day in his kitchen, I heard this horrible noise from the living room. It was Scott Stapp singing the American national anthem at a football game.:sick: :sick: :sick:

angelordevil said:
When I was chatting with my grandfather the other day in his kitchen, I heard this horrible noise from the living room. It was Scott Stapp singing the American national anthem at a football game.:sick: :sick: :sick:

and while singing the anthem was he on top of a mountain wearing leather pants with his bono joshua tree erasque hair flowing in the breeze?

Who in the hell starts a Scott Stapp thread?
My god, now this thread and his name is going to be on the first page for a day, even.
Everyone, go post in as many other music threads as you can, NOW. Engineering reports the forum can't handle this much Stapp for more than a few hours.

The forum is depending on you!

the cover of his new CD

photo_10.jpg

I thought Creed was a pretty good band actually - and I do think Stapp sounds similar to Vedder but I don't think it's intential.....I mean how DO you make your voice sound like somebody else's??? Let me know so I can begin using Whitney Houston's or perhaps Celine Dion's voice so I can start making millions of $$$$ :D

LikeNoOneBefore said:
I loved Creed until they went on stage drunk and forgot their songs. Meh...

that sounds like their best concert ever

Yeah, I was a Creed fan for a while. "My Sacrifice" is still one of my favorite songs.

*pauses, and then slowly walks out the door to avoid a riot*

Back
Top Bottom