MERGED ---> Rock Star: INXS + Rock star INXS + And the new lead singer of INXS is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got an idea. Have MiG be the lead singer of "our band, INXS" and have Jordis be their opening act with the show's house band backing her up.

And FYI, the Monday show (Mansion/Rock Clinics) is being moved to V-H1 on Sundays. I don't have cable. Could someone be a lamb and give us the re-caps? THanks.

Golightly Grrl said:
And FYI, the Monday show (Mansion/Rock Clinics) is being moved to V-H1 on Sundays. I don't have cable. Could someone be a lamb and give us the re-caps? THanks.
i was wondering cuz on wednesday they said just tuesday and wednesday and i was like "did brooke mess up?"

you know i'll catch it and i'll be sure to post recaps. do you happen to know what time it's on? if not, i can always check my tv guide but it's all the way out in the living room and i'm lazy. :happy:

It's the only reality t.v. show I watch :reject:

Go Marty!! I'm not sure if it's his voice I really like or his selection of tunes!

I do wonder what Michael Hutchence's family thinks of this show..

Oh shit! I'm not too bright tonight ... read this thread before it aired on the west coast and spoiled myself. Whoops! Oh well.

Ty was really, really good this week. I think he has the best voice of anyone in the competition, hands down.

Most of the girls are of the generic "bar band belter" sort, which is so annoying. What else have you got, ladies? How about some freaking variety? I like Jordis because she's the only female singer on the show who does something other than belt.

I do wonder what Michael Hutchence's family thinks of this show..

I don't really understand why they'd be bothered. It's not like they're denigrating his memory or anything. The rest of the band just want to make more music.

Regardless of whether or not you think going the reality TV route to do that is tacky/lame/apalling, it has no reflection on Michael.

corianderstem said:

I don't really understand why they'd be bothered. It's not like they're denigrating his memory or anything. The rest of the band just want to make more music.

Regardless of whether or not you think going the reality TV route to do that is tacky/lame/apalling, it has no reflection on Michael.

I stumbled upon a website a while ago that had sections of a book written by Hutchence's sister on it (I think the site was set up by her). I'm pretty sure she commented several times that he had planned to leave the band once the tour ended. And if that's true, they'd have to replace him anyway if they wanted to continue. So I really can't see that his family would care (or that he'd be rolling over in his grave either). :shrug:

Yes, it was time for Unfrozen Caveman Rock Star, Brandon to leave and I wish "our band, INXS" would have also kicked Jessica to the curb. Maybe they're keeping her around because she brings the eye candy.

Yet, as much as I snark on these contestants, I do like them, even that tool, JD. They have such a melodramatic vibe when someone gets cut. It's like the last day of theater camp and everyone is saying their good-byes.

i love this show. garry gary is the larry of inxs, he hasn't aged. mig or jd are the most likely winners. mig has filipino blood - go mig!

Marty is by far the best.

He is electric,
he nailed the INXS song.

JD keeps reverting to his last gig.
an Elvis impersonator. you can hear it when he says "thank you" and when he snarls his upper lip.

mig is second best

Ty this is not your gig.
Jordis, you are boring.
Susan, you should already be gone.

deep said:
Marty is by far the best.

He is electric,
he nailed the INXS song.

JD keeps reverting to his last gig.
an Elvis impersonator. you can hear it when he says "thank you" and when he snarls his upper lip.

mig is second best

JD can be an ass but almost every performance of his is riveting. Need to see him peform an INXS song. Ultimately one of the guys will win, but not Ty.

Hard to say until I see JD and Mig play INXS songs, but Marty gave an outstanding rendition of Don't Change.

I agree, Marty ruled that INXS song - I`m so used to hearing him "scream" that it was a pleasant surprise to hear that he has a nice voice underneath.

I think it`s between Marty & Mig...

There`s no way JD will take it - riveting or not, he`s the most controversial by far and for every person that loves him, someone can`t stand him. INXS will def. take that into consideration.

Oh, so I'm the only one who doesn't like Marty? He's too intense and does rely too much on screaming. And I didn't like his version of "Don't Change."

JD is an ass, and I can't imagine the band would want to work with someone they don't like. But who knows, maybe they like him. He's a strong performer, and very consistent, but never bowls anyone over.

Jordis is very talented, but needs a lot more experience. I like Suzie quite a bit, and think Ty is the best singer on the show ... I'd put him in second place in the running, behind Mig.

the band loved what he did with "Don't Change" if that matters

yes he screams, the vocal trainer could help with more range

isn't he the guy who went acoustic?

there are cover bands that do better Beatles and Zeppelin than the remaining members

all they need is someone than can hit 5 or 6 of the back catalogue and take this into the present and future

mig is good

marty is better

Navarro
said he would pay to see Marty
and would be in a band with him

There are FAR better singers out there than ANY of these people... It's a shame the INXS fans have to rely on a glorified hack reality/game show to pick a singer for such a great band. :sad: :mad: :eyebrow:

corianderstem said:
Oh, so I'm the only one who doesn't like Marty? He's too intense and does rely too much on screaming. And I didn't like his version of "Don't Change."
i don't like him either, and i agree with you. as i was telling someone else, he's too intense, in a bad way. he tends to look possessed at times and makes these freakish movements.

my top three would be jordis, mig, and suzie. why jd has yet to have to go onstage and have to sing for his supper is beyond me. i wasn't a fan of deanna either but i think jd should've gone home before her. he's now definitely the worst of who's left. his voice is too grating and he doesn't have enough talent to back up his massive ego.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i don't like him either, and i agree with you. as i was telling someone else, he's too intense, in a bad way. he tends to look possessed at times and makes these freakish movements.

my top three would be jordis, mig, and suzie. why jd has yet to have to go onstage and have to sing for his supper is beyond me. i wasn't a fan of deanna either but i think jd should've gone home before her. he's now definitely the worst of who's left. his voice is too grating and he doesn't have enough talent to back up his massive ego.

Disagree on both counts. Marty and JD are both great performers. JD seems as if he could be fronting The Killers. Now, maybe that explains why some do not like his voice, some definite Killers-haters around here.

JD's problem is he may be too much of an ass for INXS to pick him. However, it could be argued that he is the only one who realizes that this is a competition. The other contestants are all that is standing in his way. He doesn't want to have a sing-along with them, he wants to beat them. Just because he does not get along with his competition, does not mean he won't be able to get along with the band. It is kind of stupid the way everyone else gets upset when someone is kicked off. How else are you going to win?

Does everyone agree that Mig is great?

I agree about JD and his thoughts on it being a competition. It's kind of refreshing in the performance-based reality TV shows, actually.

However - if he ends up showing INXS that he's difficult to work with, or that people don't end up liking him, why would they want to work with him?

Granted, once he won he might be just fine and easy to work with. But you wouldn't go to a group job interview and act overly competitively and difficult to work with; no one would hire you.

see, that's the thing. i don't know if he could work in a group. when they had to split into teams and write a song, he decided he wasn't "feeling" the song his team was writing so he went off and did his own thing. oh, that'd go over REALLY well with inxs. "oh sorry, i'm not feeling this song. i'm going to write something else." it's a group, you're supposed to work together. at that time he wasn't supposed to be competing with the people in his team, but working with them, and he couldn't even do that!!

Exactly. That was the moment where I looked at the TV and said, "Dude. You're a dick."

When he was talking about all that, the other singers looked either really uncomfortable or pissed off.

yeah. i mean i don't expect or necessarily want everyone to be sitting by a campfire holding hands. it does bother me to an extent the way suzie just bawls every time anyone leaves. i mean, it's like you kinda wanna take her aside and say "suzie, you do realize this is a competition, right? every week someone is going to go home. i understand you may have made friends with some of these people and you may be sad that they're going, you need to realize first and foremost that it's not you going home."

there needs to be a balance between suzie's attitude and jd's attitude. not quite so "oh everyone let's be best friends forever" but quite not so "outta my way fuckers, i gotta win this thing!"

quietguy said:
i love this show. garry gary is the larry of inxs, he hasn't aged. mig or jd are the most likely winners. mig has filipino blood - go mig!

I agree on Garry. Because I'm such a squeeing fan girl, I looked up Garry's b-day on the INXS website. His b-day is June 22, 1957. He's the oldest member of INXS. Damn, he looks ten years younger than the rest of the guys.

Right now I'm jonesing for Mig, but Marty does something for me, too. I like Jordis, but she's more of a solo act. JD is a massive tool. Suzie is too cutesy, though her "Start Me Up" was awesome. And Ty is too much of a jazz hands theater type.

And I got a bit teary eyed when Deanna got cut. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom