MERGED ---> Rock Star: INXS + Rock star INXS + And the new lead singer of INXS is... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #16
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:54 AM

Old 07-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

No. Have you SEEN the state of TV lately? If it's not a reality show or some form of "Law and Order," it ain't on.
Yeah so true, even the TV here in Aus is saturated with all manner of crime TV. It strikes a chord with us apparently, what with our convict heritage and all.

Ditto the saturation of reality TV shows. In the case of the INXS show I just figured there'd simply be little or no interest. The band is ancient now, and well past its heyday. But otherwise.. yeah, it's not like the execs use appropriateness as part of their criteria to decide whether or not to give shows the go ahead, is it?

Old 07-10-2005, 01:00 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:54 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I hate this idea with the fire of a thousand suns. If the Farris brothers & friends wish to carry on, they should drop the INXS name.

This show is an insult to Michael's memory.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #19
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 11:54 AM
i agree with angie

(heart)
Old 07-10-2005, 11:26 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:54 PM
The show is going to be such a sell-out! And you know it's going to be super cheesy.

I can already see the first episode. They're going to have some sappy, over-the-top tribute to Michael Hutchence with like "Never Tear Us Apart" or "Not Enough Time" or some sad, slow INXS song playing in the background, maybe "Don't Change" (which would be ironic).

And after the sappy, staged tribute then there will be something like, "But that was then, and now INXS are ready to move ahead and ROCK!" And then there will be all this quick editing and loud music and they'll show all those cheesy contestents in their best wannabe Michael Hutchence poses.

UGH! It's so predictable! Do we even have to watch.

MH was the best thing about INXS. His voice, his sass, his earnestness. Now that he's gone, INXS as we used to know them should go too. If the rest want to morph into another band, fine . . . but don't desecrate the memory of INXS.

Ok, I'm now stepping off my soapbox. Thank you all for listening.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #21
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
I can already see the first episode. They're going to have some sappy, over-the-top tribute to Michael Hutchence with like "Never Tear Us Apart" or "Not Enough Time" or some sad, slow INXS song playing in the background, maybe "Don't Change" (which would be ironic).
your entire post was excellent

and i'd like to think that they'll begin the show with a tribute to michael, but seeing how the ads for the show barely mention him, and their best of INXS cd doesn't mention him AT ALL (not even a dedication!) i'd be really surprised.

it's almost as if the rest of the band resent his death or something.

poor michael
Old 07-10-2005, 02:00 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I saw an ad for the show a couple of weeks ago. There was a line that went something like "This isn't bubblegum. This is rock and roll!" and I about puked. INXS used to be rock and roll - now they have just sold their souls to fit into what clueless reality TV execs think is rock and roll.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:54 AM
I sincerely hope any of you who have expressed anger over this will not watch it, even 'out of curiosity'.

Personally I'm not an INXS fan but even then I find the idea to be fairly repulsive.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:45 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

This entire idea is just wrong.

I saw someone mention that TLC was going to have one to replace Left Eye, too. Funny, when she died three years ago, T-Boz and Chili were adamant that "if there's no Lisa, there's no TLC". Guess money talks.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

it's almost as if the rest of the band resent his death or something.

I imagine they do resent his death. He got the brunt of it (duh!), but it was his choice, and it certainly fucks with their lives also. So I can imagine there's a bit of "screw him" going on.

I would say this idea is a bad business decision because who going to take them seriously now, but then I think about it and Hutchence has been dead for over 7 1/2 years which in pop culture is a very long time. Certainly they will lose many, perhaps even most, of their long time fans, but there is a whole slew of people who don't really know INXS and have no attachment to Hutchence. Yes, it's tasteless, but an awful lot of people are attracted to tasteless. Plus they have a slew of very catchy songs already set up and ready to go.

Sadly, it just might work.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #26
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
but it was his choice
i know this is an entirely different thread topic so i won't mention it again, but i'm not exactly sure that it was a suicide. i think it might have been listed as the "official cause" but there are many people, besides myself, who just don't buy it.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

i know this is an entirely different thread topic so i won't mention it again, but i'm not exactly sure that it was a suicide. i think it might have been listed as the "official cause" but there are many people, besides myself, who just don't buy it.
So autoerotic asphyxiation?

Even if that's the case, he chose to do it and had to be aware that death could very possibly result. So his making the choice still would apply.

I don't see that it matters which is listed as the official cause of death, and if suicide is easier for his family I don't see the harm.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I have but a few words regarding this issue. Ahem:

"Rock Star: INXS" = ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BluRmGrl
I

"Rock Star: INXS" = ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!!
I agree.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:35 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:24 AM
INXS stopped making decent music about 1988 so don't matter anyway.