MERGED--> RIP Pavarotti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My deepest sympathies to Mr. Pavarotti's family .A great ,great loss to them and the world .He will surely be missed .
I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Pavarotti live many years ago. My dear friend surprised me with tickets.She was not fan of opera ,but she new how much I wanted to see him. From the moment he walked out on stage ..... there are no words to describe the feeling .....after the show ,she was hooked. That was the magic of this man. He brought Opera to those that would have never listened to it.
May you rest in peace ,dear Maestro.
:sad:

May he rest in peace. He was inspiring.:sad:

It was mentioned that Bono was to be interviewed -I don't know from where-on Good Morning America ( a news/morning show here in New York) this morning. I set up my tape, but haven't been able to check .

:( I hated hearing about this last night, all of the people I was with got real quiet afterwards, we were all fans

I heard this on the radio on my way to school this morning, very sad. :(

They also played his version of Nessum Dorma...absolutely beautiful.

R.I.P.

I 'll be playing Nessun Dorma from my dad's opera collection

I met him twice, and I got to hear him sing three times -- in a performance of La Boheme when I was in school, in a solo recital and with the Three Tenors.

He was terrific in La Boheme, wonderful as a solo artist, but by the time I saw him with Domingo and Carreras, his voice was gone. He cracked the high note in Nessun Dorma, and the entire audience groaned. They had really milked the whole Three Tenors thing by then (it was well after the World Cup.)

Still, he was an extremely gracious and cooperative artist, at least at the party following his solo recital. He spent hour at a table signing autographs, which he did not have to do (I've seen artists refuse after a performance.) I thanked him in Italian, and his face lit up, and he got up halfway from his chair and gave me a little bow. Later on in the evening, he was working the room, and when he passed by me, he smiled and bowed again, sort of saying, "Ah, you're the girl who knows Italian!" His first wife gave me kind of an appraising look over her glasses, and I didn't get a chance to say anything to him.

I'm glad I saw him at his peak, and the memory of the phoned-in concert doesn't affect my opinion in the slightest.

Last edited:
I'm not into opera or classical pieces and didn't know any of his work, but may he rest in peace, and may his family take solace in each other and in the love he had for them.

At least he's not in pain, or suffering anymore. He's left those earthly troubles behind.

I remember seeing him on TV when I was 11 or 12. He was singing "Ave Maria" with a boys choir. I got goosebumps. I've loved him ever since.

RIP. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom