MERGED ---> Reunited Pink Floyd @ Live 8 + Re-united Pink Floyd To Play Live8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm envisioning U2's curtain of lights to open up and Floyds round screen take center stage. Then Floyd playing along with their laser show to finish the show. :drool:

Since this is a special benefit concert where the Floyd are sharing the stage with other acts, I won't be surprised if they don't have a laser show. It might just be four guys on stage and no other jazz.

Here's the scene.....

U2 finish their set, they exit the stage.

The sound of a helicopter echoes around the Park...

A curtain rises...the Floyd are stood there....

Bono walks out...takes the mike and says

"YOU! YES YOU! STAND STILL LADDIE"!!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
Here's the scene.....

And Dave orgasms and shits his pants at the same time.

EDIT: And by "Dave", I mean me, not Gilmour. ;)

Aardvark747 said:
Here's the scene.....

:lmao: That'll be too good!

Eliv8 said:
I'm envisioning U2's curtain of lights to open up and Floyds round screen take center stage. Then Floyd playing along with their laser show to finish the show. :drool:

Like this ...

live4.jpg

p28.jpg

p8818.jpg

p29.jpg

High Hopes with Roger...how could Roger refuse?

Hang on...what's GUY PRATT going to be doing?!

It does seem that the post-Waters Floyd have the most appropriate songs for the day. Maybe Roger could swallow some pride and agree to play something like "On the Turning Away". I think the more reconciliation the better. Roger has always felt that without him, the line up was not authentic. Well, he's just deceiving himself. Alot of true Floydians have moved on without him, and although he's welcome back, he could not kill Pink Floyd no matter how hard he tried. That's always been the thing that made me dislike him the most. He tried to take Pink Floyd away from us!!! :madspit:

High Hopes w/ Roger = :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Btw, the thing I dislike about Gilmour the most is the fact that he (and the others) haven't made a new album since '94. Although, I understand that the pressure and expectations on a new album would be unreal.

Last edited:
I'm not frightened of dying. Anytime will do.... why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it. Everybody's got to go sometime.

:wink:

They're going to play an hour-long rendition of "Seamus," and ten thousand Floyd fans around the world will hang themselves after waiting their whole lives for it.

The sad thing is: it's been 34 years since that song was recorded. Seamus the dog is quite likely dead. The reunion just won't be the same without him. Pink Floyd? More like Pink Fraud, am I right?!

But anyway, on the subject of (realistic) setlists, I'd like to see them pretty much do the second disc of Pulse: the entire Dark Side of the Moon with an encore of crowd-pleasers ("Wish You Were Here," "Comfortably Numb," and "Run Like Hell").

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP. The Great Wall of China crumbles... I would have said that was more likely than a Floyd reunion after all these years of bad feeling and sadness.

I've only just seen this in bbc.co.uk. I literally fell off my chair in shock.

As an enormous Floyd fan - I would like to take this opportunity to declare:

WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!:dancing: :bump: :rockon: :applaud:

This is absolutely typical of David Gilmour. I remember him flogging his London home for £4 or 5million and giving the entire lot to Shelter, the homeless/housing charity. When he played as a session musician on various people's albums, he'd ask them to send his fee to a charity of their choice. :yes: A great and humble man with a great musical gift.

As for Old Rog :huh: - about time he saw sense. I think he's a lyrical genius, and I am so glad to see that the bitterness and megalomania is finally on the wane.

YAY FLOYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
:dancing: :rockon: :rockon: :dancing:
The Floyd are back!!!!!!!!! Amazing news.

The only band that was able to topple U2 as my favourite.

I'd love to see:-

One of These Days
Breathe
Time
Us and Them
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
Run Like Hell

Back
Top Bottom