MERGED-->Rest In Peace Joe Strummer + Heaven Calling....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gosh, I still remember seeing his video for Redemption Song and how beautiful it was.

Wow, has it been two years already?

I'll never forget him. Not just because of his music, but also because of an interview I did with him just after Global A Go-Go was released. That was the best interview I ever did and there was a real connection between us. I only had 30 minutes to do the interview and time just flew by. After about 25 minutes a record company promoter came in to tell us that we had 5 minutes left. Joe said to him: "I don't care if the next journalist has to wait, I'm having a good conversation here so it'll last as long as I want it to last."

That was the best compliment anybody has ever given me professionally. After the interview he hugged me and thanked me for the great talk we had. I was genuinely shocked when I heard he died... :sad:

I'll never forget that day and that interview.

I thought of this as I was decorating our tree the other night...my brother and I heard the news two years ago while decorating the tree and were so shocked and saddened. I'll probably think of that everytime I decorate a tree now.

Rest in peace Joe.

Dutch Partygirl said:
Wow, has it been two years already?

I'll never forget him. Not just because of his music, but also because of an interview I did with him just after Global A Go-Go was released. That was the best interview I ever did and there was a real connection between us. I only had 30 minutes to do the interview and time just flew by. After about 25 minutes a record company promoter came in to tell us that we had 5 minutes left. Joe said to him: "I don't care if the next journalist has to wait, I'm having a good conversation here so it'll last as long as I want it to last."

That was the best compliment anybody has ever given me professionally. After the interview he hugged me and thanked me for the great talk we had. I was genuinely shocked when I heard he died... :sad:

I'll never forget that day and that interview.

That is so freakin' cool :up:. Thanks for sharing that story-that's awesome that he was so nice to you like that :). I would've been flattered, too.

Angela

One of the main inspirations in my life - Joe Strummer.

An indominable spirit focused on Truths and Rights - Love and Peace with Justice for all. :up:

And one of the BEST Rock performers ever. The Clash will live in my heart forever.:hug:

Back
Top Bottom