MERGED --> refund check + guys, i got my tax assessment back today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my federal refund back in mid-February...between short trips to Toronto last month and Atlanta next month, it's pretty much spent already. :p But the second wave is coming, I filed my state taxes on Monday and will get a smaller refund from that, which should hit at about the same time as that "stimulus" money. About half of that is going towards new glasses (I need bifocals :uhoh: ), and I'm going to let the rest sit a bit.

i didn't get much back.

the more you make the more they take!

i am waiting for my economic stimulus package though.

it will help me buy gas.

:ohmy: I have not gotten either my refund check or the rebate check..yet! This is the latest it has Ever taken me to get my taxes done due to 2 stupid companies I worked for that never bothered to send me my W2's when I repeatedly asked them since Jan.31!!
My tax preparer said they will both be fined by the IRS for doing that! Normally I have my taxes done in Feb.! Well, at least it Is done for This year!! Gonna use the money for school and then move!! :yes:

I'm waiting for my *stimulus* check too. Since I've dug into my tax refunds to keep myself floating so far this year, anything else from the government will be welcome in my bank account. I should be in the first batch according to SS#s. :hyper:

Ours went to my new camera and the credit card bill. The May rebate will again pay off the credit card bill (vet bills) and the Wii we already got.

david said:
i didn't get much back.

the more you make the more they take!

i am waiting for my economic stimulus package though.

it will help me buy gas.

know what you mean. :yes:
I'm not even anticipating it to "spend" other than for f'ing gas and now a problem with my power steering, which of course will cost me.. god knows what.
it sucks!
but at least I have that to tide me over. for a day or 2.:wink:

Got my state return :hyper: waiting for the federal. Of course we're just going to pay off our credit cards with it but even that is exciting. 'Cause then we can start racking stuff up on it again. It's the American way!

I got my fed return. :yippie: Uncle Sam was very nice to me.

I'm waiting on my extra refund to put towards a down payment on a new(er) car. Unfortunately I will be in the last batch due to my stupid social security number. Hopefully the weather stays cool until then because the POS doesn't have air conditioning :mad:.

guys, i got my tax assessment back today

And i must say it was a pretty nice return. Pretty sweet, all up.

On the whole, I'd have to say I was quite pleased with it.

I'd say that the new roof on the house in the hamptons is looking alright, if you know what I mean.

If I play my cards right, I might even be able to afford a new CAN OPENER!

kieran, if you don't want to end up like wesley snipes, i'd suggest you keep certain things to yourself. :whistle:

Oh, it's a hard decision.

I am think probably manual, cause it just makes more sense that way. For the same reason, I would never use an electric toothbrush. It just feels wrong somehow.

I hear that...

I blame the decline of society on electric can openers; it all started to go downhill from there.

Besides when the government collapses do you really want to trust an electric can opener to get the job done? I think not.

FYI guys.. The first batch of the federal stimulus checks are going out Monday instead of May 5th.
If you have direct deposit you should have it by tuesday at least.
:hyper:

(of course by next week gas prices will probaly hit $4.00 a gallon)

I can't wait to get my stimulus package so I can do my patriotic duty and help the american economy by buying a korean tv.

Back
Top Bottom