MERGED ---> Radiohead Album Likely Due Next Spring + New Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
Radiohead Album Likely Due Next Spring

from pitchforkmedia.com

Radiohead Album Likely Due Next Spring

Caroline Bermudez reports:
There are people who look forward to the first day of summer, those who dream of their wedding day, and those who happily prepare for the birth of their first child. Then, there are those who anxiously wait with bated breath for a new album from the Oxford quintet. For this special (and neurotic, with yours truly included) breed of people, the time for rejoicing is nearing. According to the fan site GreenPlastic.com, Radiohead will complete recording their new album by December, with plans for a release date in February or March 2006.

Currently, Radiohead are working on 15 songs with two described as "already done and amazing." Recording for the follow-up to 2003's Hail to the Thief commenced back in January in which frontman Thom Yorke played new songs for the rest of the band, who then contributed their own parts to them. While in keeping with Radiohead's oft-collaborative spirit, the seventh album's recording process, however, is said to be "unorganized" and markedly divergent from past practices.

After two years of sequestering themselves in sunny England, touring will be in order. Radiohead tentatively plan to play dates sometime around the album's release date. They haven't been completely dormant, though. In late March, Yorke and guitarist Jonny Greenwood performed with the London Sinfonietta as part of the South Bank's Ether Festival. At these two shows, the duo debuted "Arpeggi" and performed the B-side "Where Bluebirds Fly". Yorke performed a five-song solo acoustic set at the Trade Justice Rally in April, which included the never before heard "House of Cards" and "Last Flowers (Til the Hospital)". There is no word if "Arpeggi" and "House of Cards" are among the aforementioned two finished songs. Start salivating now, folks!

:drool: :hyper:

I still haven't gotten over how DiGi had a ticket for me and the night before I had to cancel. :banghead:

So hopefully no one else I like will go on tour next year so I can spend all my money making up for lost time.

'Arpeggi' is cool. Not awesome, but still cool. I hope these rumors are actually based on some kind of truth, because I could use some new Radiohead. Oh yeah :up:

HeartlandGirl said:
Only ten replies to news of the new Radiohead album...what is this forum coming to? :angry:

I was starting to wonder if maybe it wasn't new news. :uhoh:

yeah, that's great......but it's like forever from now....

I'll get excited a month before.

it's not like I thought they'd never put out another album or something......

HeartlandGirl said:
Only ten replies to news of the new Radiohead album...what is this forum coming to? :angry:
i'm sure tsar deathbear would have seen to it that this thread get the attention that it deserves... :angry:

I think it's a little too early to get excited - spring of 2006 seems like a lifetime from now.

But I'm bumping this anyway because I'm sick of the 8,000,000 Coldplay threads! :evil: :bump:

WOOO!!! It's kinda far away, though!

I know my n**ga Thom and his g's are gonna drop some heavy s**t, youknowattamean?!? Them n**gaz is crazy, b!! "Fitty" better watch his back, fo' real!!

1337!

Anyway...yeah, I'm excited. Not as excited as I will be by spring...but still pretty damn excited.

thirteen thirty seven?

what.

. . . . . the.

..................................HEEEEEEEECK?!?!??!

:ohmy:

:der: :eek:

New Radiohead

Well, as pretty much anyone following Radiohead knows, there is a lot of talk of a new album coming out either by the end of this year or the beginning of 2006. Now, it's pretty exciting, and scary to imagine what musical route they could possibly take next. Will they continue with the electronica/synth style, or will they focus more on the rock style of their earlier work?

It's not a huge secret that I hate Hail to the Theif. In fact I think it's garbage by Radiohead's standards. Otherwise, I love every single work they have released, even Pablo Honey. Personally, I would love Radiohead to start writing more rock songs. The only song on HTTT that I would hope to indicate to another album would be "Scatterbrain". I absolutely love the sound of Thom Yorke's more solo acoustic songs like True Love Waits and the stunning Gagging Order. If they traveled this route on their next album I think it would be the best move for them now. Let's not try to recreate The Bends of OK Computer, but something in the style of more "traditional" songwriting and instrumentation.

Back
Top Bottom