MERGED ---> Radiohead Album Likely Due Next Spring + New Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
see...I'm a huge radiohead fan and have been since I was very young and I happen to think HTTT is near flawless.

The best two radiohead songs of this decade must be Wolf at the Door and Life in a Glass House.

I could lie down and listen to Thief all night, and nary would I want to skip a track.

as to the topic of this thread..I have high hopes for the new album...I like to fantasize about more big band jazz stuff like glass house

There I would have to agree with you. Glass House might be my favorite Radiohead ever, or at least in my top 5. I'd love to see them explore that area a bit more as well.

Hmm... I don't HATE HTTT, but I don't love it either. I really like about half of it, and the rest bores me to tears. Not because it's ambient and electronic... Kid A is my favorite Radiohead album. Just... doesn't work for me. I won't say it's bad, just that I don't care for it much. I would like to see them move in a different direction though, but not back to their rawk days.

Basstrap said:
...I happen to think HTTT is near flawless.

Same goes for me. Aside from maybe one or two tracks, I adore HTTT. 2+2=5, Go To Sleep, Where I End And You Begin, There There, Myxomatosis, and A Wolf At The Door are some of my all-time favourite Radiohead songs.

Basstrap said:
as to the topic of this thread..I have high hopes for the new album...I like to fantasize about more big band jazz stuff like glass house

well, it's hardly big band; more dixieland than anything.

"Life In A Glass House" moves me to tears! The ending is astonishing!

I make everyone who knows Radiohead for "Creep" only listen to this song and it punches them in the face. They weren't expecting this.

i like httt, but it's missing something. i think the production absolutely sucks and that's what keeps it from being a classic.

i don't like nigel. is that ok?

2+2=5 could have been so. MUCH. BETTER.

I'm with Basstrap on the major love of HTTT, I wouldnt change a thing (at least that I can remember, it's been a while since I last listened to it......)

That being said, they really can do whatever they want with their next release and I'll be happy. Do they want to do nothing but electronic tracks? Fine by me. Do they want to do orchestrated pop? Sweet. Do they want to scream lots and throw things? Sounds like a good time. Whatever they do, I'm sure they'll make it work. :up:

yeah, they can pretty much do anything and make it sound awesome.

i think i'd like an album's worth of where bluebirds fly, but seeing how many people hate that song, i guess maybe they shouldn't for their own sake.

have you heard it live? it's mega-sweet.

Oh, I have heard. And I too like that tracky, it's almost Autechre or Boards of Canada esque. IDM? Or should I say ISM for my fellow atsleazers. :wink:

Havent heard Life in a Glass House.

Mind you I'm only a amateur Radiohead fan. Only got into them last december, and I've only got 3 albums.

Ok Computer is a 5 star album and legendary

Hail to the thief is astonishing (The Gloaming, Wolf at the Door, Myxamatosis and Where I end and you begin are remarkable)

But i find the Bends is ridiculously over rated. Only give it about 3 stars.

Really wanna get Kid A and Amnesiac soon though...

Hope the new album is good.

u2popmofo said:
I'm with Basstrap on the major love of HTTT, I wouldnt change a thing (at least that I can remember, it's been a while since I last listened to it......)

That being said, they really can do whatever they want with their next release and I'll be happy. Do they want to do nothing but electronic tracks? Fine by me. Do they want to do orchestrated pop? Sweet. Do they want to scream lots and throw things? Sounds like a good time. Whatever they do, I'm sure they'll make it work. :up:

:applaud: I'm right there with you.

While Kid A is my favorite Radiohead record (and on another day maybe OK Computer), I really couldn't live without any of the others either and I don't get at all why some people don't like HTTT, but hey, to each his own. I just loved it completely from the opening notes the first time I heard it, all the way through, like all of their records. (Ok, I'm not ga ga over Pablo Honey but who cares, it was their first record.)

Amnesiac has a couple of skippable songs but I like them, too.

The Bends IS flawless, and beyond.

That said, an album of "Gagging Orders and Tru Love Waits'" would be my dream come true.

Lancemc said:
The Bends IS flawless, and beyond.

That said, an album of "Gagging Orders and Tru Love Waits'" would be my dream come true.

A Very Good album but very over rated. I like it, but don't love it. The fact that it got ranked the 2nd best album of all time is pure bollocks.

(Whast the story) morning glory shites all over it.

WOW.

no, that's not even a matter of opinion - that's a matter of being factually wrong.

wow, i mean. 7ust wow.

wow.

...oh man. wow.

but radiohead >>>>> oasis. anytime. anywhere.

end of discussion.

Zoomerang96 said:
WOW.

no, that's not even a matter of opinion - that's a matter of being factually wrong.

wow, i mean. 7ust wow.

wow.

...oh man. wow.

Y'know. I want to love it. I mean the first few listens I loved it, but as far as I'm concerned it's got no durability. Bones is the best track by far.

The Bends is putting me off getting Pablo Honey

Gimme OK Computer and HTTT anyday

lmjhitman said:
but radiohead >>>>> oasis. anytime. anywhere.

end of discussion.

No.

From the 4 Oasis albums I've heard and the 3 Radiohead albums I've heard, Oasis wins.

I thought the first half or so of HTTT was near flawless, from "2+2=5" to "Where I End and You Begin". "Sit Down. Stand Up" especially is a killer.

And those first six, though, it's more hit and miss. "We Suck Young Blood", "The Gloaming," "I Will", and "Scatterbrain" are all a bit dull, I think. They might have left those off, gone with only 10 tracks, and had a real masterpiece.

But then it wouldn't be Radiohead without a few superfluous tracks, now would it? :eyebrow:

Zoomerang96 said:
WOW.
wow, i mean. 7ust wow.
wow.
...oh man. wow.

no i'm pretty sure it's a matter of opinion...:eyebrow:

I actually think The Bends is one of the greatest albums ever made, but the fact that someone else prefers Oasis (who I've honestly never given much of my time) isn't getting me in a state...what's wrong with you? You don't have to belittle and try and put the guy down just for not agreeing with you...!

blahblahblah said:

no i'm pretty sure it's a matter of opinion...:eyebrow:

I actually think The Bends is one of the greatest albums ever made, but the fact that someone else prefers Oasis (who I've honestly never given much of my time) isn't getting me in a state...what's wrong with you? You don't have to belittle and try and put the guy down just for not agreeing with you...!

Don't get me wrong though I love Radiohead.

I just think Oasis is better from what I've heard.

Mind you, OK Computer is better than any of the 4 Oasis albums I've heard.

Can't wait for this one.

True Love Waits.. Gagging Order... :drool:

Not sure we're gonna get an abum of those.. but man, it would be sweet!

Thing is, nobody knows what it will sound like, and when it's released, it will be completely different than everybody though it would. I know another band discussed a lot in here we can't say the same about...

One thing is for sure, it will be sweet.. just like the rest.

Oasis is good, Radiohead are great, but they are SOOOO different.

Back
Top Bottom