MERGED--> Prince sueing fansites devoted to him

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I covered the guitar solo to (Purple rain)
put it on YouTube and guess what happened after a week.
they took it down.
thank you prince :(
i also have it on myspace maybe i should take it down !

corianderstem said:
He actually did that, if I recall correctly. I remember reading about it somewhere.

I wonder if he offered people free tickets to gigs to try to convince them not to slam the door in his face.

Prince is such an ego-maniac, he even makes Morrissey look almost reasonable. Now that he's a Jehova's Witness, he thinks he can ignore the his creepy past. He thinks the headlines are all due to him, but these sites helped millions of Prince fans stay connected, when I find his output to have been unsatisfactory since 1992. The guy's pathetic. Still, I wonder why the site runners are so emphatic about keeping their crappy fan pictures. At least they don't cave in like atu2.com, though and side with the artist to such a ridiculous degree that they pick on fans. U2 doesn't even know atu2.com's m2 exists. I owed him for that. Guy's a total scumbag bully.

Muldfeld, you should really come out of your shell and start saying how you really feel about things. :wink:

He's been after those sites for years, man, /years/. At first he tried siccing his lawyers on them, and then when that didn't work, he started suing them, one by one.

He kind of has a point, but..well..this is a bit much, I think.

I used to want to marry this guy.

And then I outgrew him.

On So. Many. Levels.

Oasis did this yeeears back and there was a similar uproar over it. It was actually their record company that was behind it though, the band themselves had little knowledge of the case or what goes on on the internet for that matter :lol: It all blew over though and sites started popping up again. I guess they realized they were fighting a losing battle :shrug: This is sad though, because it's the actual artist driving the whole thing :tsk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom