MERGED ----> pOST eVERCLEAR sTUFF lIKE cRAZY! + State Your Opinion, But No Bashing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
pOST eVERCLEAR sTUFF lIKE cRAZY!

Everclear rocks my world! I like Art Alexis, the lead singer, and he is aslo great at writing lyrics! The three band members are all awesome! Since I don't have a snapfish, could someone post cool and cute Everclear pictures. And since am I lazy, could someone post cool Everclear lyrics, like ;Pale Green Stars," "The Twistinside," and "I'll Buy You A New Life." A good site to find themis Everclear 2 Everyone.

Cute Irish Bono said:
I like Art Alexis, the lead singer, and he is aslo great at writing lyrics!
perhaps they should start using his lyrics then

haaaaa, I kid

I know nothing about Everclear

oh well

Angela Harlem said:
what happened to everclear? i think i have one of their cds. maybe the first? its old.

they got...um, how can i say this...rather boring and stale. personally i'm a big fan of sparkle and fade and so much for the afterglow, as well as some of the stuff on the songs for an awfully long title albums 1 and 2. but the last one seemed overdone and tiresome.

every once in a while you hear something about art alexakis' solo stuff, has he actually ever gone out and done a solo tour or written a solo album? (songs for blah blah 1 supposedly started out as a solo album and then the rest of the band jumped in..)

I liked some of their stuff. I don't know if it had anything to do with it or not, but they dropped off the face of the earth after Alex was said to tell his fans on the internet who complained about them opening for Matchbox 20: "Get off your ass, get off the damn computer, go outside and do something, get a fucking life. We'll open for who we want to open for." The comment was aimed at "15 year old white boys" who he claimed had no idea what real life was because they had spent it all online. Well, that was a lot of his fan base, and maybe they got pissed off and abandoned him. I haven't seen or hear of them since, really. They put out an album but it did nothing.

I guess I'm in the minority here because I love Everclear. Their music was the soundtrack to my high school years and because of that, everytime I hear them, I'm transported to 1995. It's imposibble for me to be in a bad mood when I hear them. I didn't have the greatest high school experience, but compared to life now(work, work, and work), high school was a joy.

I really don't understand how some bands get so unfairly bashed here and some get so overrated. :sigh: Personally, Everclear, Hoobastank and even Creed speak more to me than Coldplay and they don't bore me to sleep either. It's okay for everybody to have their own opinions but sometimes the bashing of some bands gets too harsh. Poor Cute Irish Bono, she's a nice girl.

If you've ever seen their Behind the Music, Alex had a hard and tragic life and didn't rise to success until his mid 30's. I'm happy for what success and money he might have gotten (even if I don't like the way he treated his online fans, hope U2 doesn't think that about us :uhoh: ) His father deserted the family when he was 6. "Father of Mine" was autobiographical and from his heart. The guitarist he teamed up with had a similar story with his father and he could relate. After his father left, Alex's family was very poor. His mother worked constantly and they lived in a bad neighborhood. His older brother took him to parties with drugs when he was very young. When he was 14, his brother died of an overdose. Alex was very close to his big brother, especially after his dad left and his mom worked all the time and he was devastated. A lot of his life and pain are in his songs. It's sad to just disregard someone as 'sucking' and joke on them. They mean a lot to some people. Okay lecture over.

U2Kitten said:
I really don't understand how some bands get so unfairly bashed here and some get so overrated. :sigh: Personally, Everclear, Hoobastank and even Creed speak more to me than Coldplay and they don't bore me to sleep either. It's okay for everybody to have their own opinions but sometimes the bashing of some bands gets too harsh. Poor Cute Irish Bono, she's a nice girl.

Funny you say that - one who has endlessly bashed Coldplay!

It is all personal taste...nothing against Cute Irish Bono.

Now, often groups of people that like a certain band and post at a forum for a certain band, have similar musical taste. You will always have others who like that specific band that posts on the band's forum/site, and have a COMPLETELY different taste in music....and that's what happens here.

The bashing of other's musical tastes is a funny business. I'll use me as an example, I might launch into a joyous attack on a band I really dislike and enjoy hating (??? even I dont get me sometimes lol), and the person reading it is more than likely pissing themselves thinking "Yeah, like YOU can talk"
And they're right.

Its a funny business...
:hmm:

zonelistener said:

Funny you say that - one who has endlessly bashed Coldplay!

It is all personal taste...nothing against Cute Irish Bono.

Now, often groups of people that like a certain band and post at a forum for a certain band, have similar musical taste. You will always have others who like that specific band that posts on the band's forum/site, and have a COMPLETELY different taste in music....and that's what happens here.

If it's U2, yes we all have the same taste or we wouldn't be here. But except that we all have different tastes, unless you consider a certain clique or something to be 'we.' That's why I go off on Coldplay the way I do. It's like, you guys have your list of bands it's 'okay' to like, bands you're 'supposed' to like, and bands that 'suck' and you hold it as a standard. You think it's okay to trash other people's bands, but if someone trashes yours, you get all mad and bash them. You can't even see it's the same thing and that's what I'm getting at. The main reason I hate Coldplay so much is they are so overrated, overglorified as the second coming and overhyped here, but if somebody mentions another band you will feel free to make fun of it, or the person personally who said it. That's what the argument comes down to and has happned to me many times, it's like, I don't like them, and then it's, well if you don't like them you're stupid and have bad taste and don't know what you're talking about, your opinion doesn't matter, and that's not fair. I don't even think I would hate Coldplay as much as I do if it weren't for this fact. I wouldn't like them, but I could ignore them. But when you bash other people's bands but jump people for bashing Coldplay, that's not right, either everyone can bash or no one can bash, don't make lists. Other than U2 of course.

About Cute Irish Bono, you might say it's nothing against her, but she might take it that way. I haven't seen her post since, I think you hurt her feelings and scared her off. She was only 13. This was a forum about bands other than U2 and she should have been free to post about the band that rocked her world. Maybe she might have gotten some takers if the joking hadn't kicked in.

Last edited:
Thanks for missing my point! And talking yourself in circles.

YES, I am talking about U2, AND I did say tht there are some of us with the SAME tatstes, and some with tastes nothing like the majority of us (or, as you call it, a clique). That's what I said. Oddly, it seems as if it is alright for you to continualy trash Coldplay (WE GET YOUR POINT, I think you have said the same thing 300 times now - I know what you are going to say even before you type it - and guess what, Coldplay was so yesterday...no one cares anymore), but when we bash bands such as Nickleback, Creed and now eVERCLEAR, it is NOT right? hmm. Cool. I will remember that. U2Kitten = privledged to freely voice her opinions...everyone else = NO. :up:

About our cute Irish Bono. I am not here to hurt her feelings and scare her off. Unless you are a premium member who always checks people's profiles, how would I know that she is 13? Do you know how old I am? Or Angela Harlem? Or IWB? If she takes it personal, I almost have to say "that is life." Maybe the guardian she signed up to Interference.com with can explain to her that I do not mean it in a personal way, and that everyone has an opinion on things, and they are free to voice their opinions in our society. :up:

I am tired of having this argument everytime I/someone voices their opinion on music and you don't agree with their opinion. Can we please stop? Just accept the fact that everyone is allowed to have an opinion, and is free to voice that opinion. PLEASE?

Last edited:
Well, I am a premium member, but she told us how old she was on PLEBA and she was very nice. I don't usually go around reading people's profiles for fun.

I still say, I bash Coldplay because too many people gush over them while putting down other people's bands. If that didn't happen I would just politely ignore them. So you're saying that because enough people here like them they are protected and it's open season on bands YOU don't like? I don't think that's fair. And you still missed my point :banghead: and I don't feel like arguing about it anymore. :sigh:

I still say, when someone comes here and wants to discuss another band, it's not nice to start jumping them. And if you do jump on them, don't get pissed when somebody picks on Coldplay (and I am not the only person who does it)

Last edited:
I do not go NEAR PLEBA. No thank you. Therefore, how would I know that she is/was 13? And why would that change my view of a band, or that there was an opportunity for me to post something that would be funny for me (and most likely a few others)?

U2Kitten...I haven't said anything LIKE bashing Coldplay is wrong. You are not getting my point.

1) We are all U2 fans
2) We all have opinions on music
3) a lot of us have similar tastes in music
4) a few don't share those musical tastes
BECAUSE of four and three, you will have people that will disagree on music. THAT SHOULD answer your question here:

U2Kitten said:
I really don't understand how some bands get so unfairly bashed here and some get so overrated. :sigh:

You've even stated it....there may be a clique with strong opinions. You will find a majority and minority anywhere. I am also not saying that EITHER IS RIGHT in their musical taste. It is taste. PERSONAL taste. NOT FACT I think you get the two confused.

In fact, no one mentioned the hoopsnakes, Creed, nickleback or Coldplay until you did in here. In fact, I am not sure if I have seen ANYONE mention Coldplay in bang and clatter thread (besides your complaints about them) in MONTHS. Maybe if you stop bringing them up, they will politely go away! (we could only hope right now).

I feel that having 'fun' at someone's expense is not nice, it's bullying. Coldplay is not here, Everclear is not here. But I am, and so is Cute Irish Bono.

U2Kitten said:
I feel that having 'fun' at someone's expense is not nice, it's bullying. Coldplay is not here, Everclear is not here. But I am, and so is Cute Irish Bono.

No one is specifically bullying YOU or Cute Irish Bono.

If you are taking this personal, I would say, quick, lock yourself in a closet. Why? God forbid, there might be a cartoon in the paper, or a funny commercial or a comic on TV, or a book or ANYTHING in this world that might make fun of something that you will take personal. Because after all, the object that that comic, book or cartoon is not "there" reading it with you - YOU are there....and therefore it is bullying you.

U2Kitten said:

so people say they don't like them. it's your own fault (you not meaning you personally, but the general 'you') if you take personal offence when someone says that a band you like is mediocre, talentless, shit, whatever. i'm not saying i don't do it (i get pretty pissed off when you--yes, this time i mean you--implied that all the clash fans on here only listen to them because bono mentioned them, or because joe died), i take it personally way too often.

if i were going to bully you or cute irish bono, i might bash her user name or her affinity for the exclaimation mark. personal things like that would be bullying. saying that you (back to the general one) dislike/hate a band does not mean that you dislike the person who likes that band.

Last edited:
So the rules are, it's okay to joke on bands as long as they're not YOUR bands, the bands the 'clique' like, such as Coldplay, Radiohead, Clash, Ramones and Sex Pistols. Other bands, though they may be of higher musical quality than those bands, are open to be joked on, and if anybody doesn't like it they should get over it? Well why don't YOU get over it? Because you and your bands are above it, but it's okay to treat everybody else that way? I could never stand mean spirited people with twisted senses of humor who thought stuff like that was funny and get their entertainment at someone else's expense. But they don't care, unless somebody does it to them, then it's wrong. I have enough abuse from people in my own life, I don't need this shit from you. We are all premium members, if either of you have anything to say to me I say take it to PMs.

Last edited:
last time i PM-ed you, you didn't have the decency to even read it (according to PM tracking). funny thing was that it was an apology for being an ass.

you're still missing the point. it's ok to say you don't like something when you provide reasons REGARDLESS of what band it is. (i don't mean you have to write a dissertation: simply saying 'it doesn't appeal to me' counts!), but you're going off accusing everyone who doesn't like everclear of attacking cute irish bono and yourself. bashing the band doesn't equal bashing their fans.

i don't know why i'm wasting energy saying this again, you clearly didn't read it the first time you're not going to read it the second time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom