MERGED ----> pOST eVERCLEAR sTUFF lIKE cRAZY! + State Your Opinion, But No Bashing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no unread pms from you. I don't even think you were a premium member the last time we had a fight. I don't see any point in having a fight because it's useless and going nowhere. You and zoney obviously hate me and nothing I can say is going to be good enough so the only thing to do is put each other back on ignore and move on. I don't want to fight any more. I just had one with my husband, about what worthless pile of crap I am for even coming to this message board so I've had more than enough right now.

I have problems, other people on this board have problems today, and it all makes fighting over who hates what band seem lame.

Last edited:
I like Interference. But no more Everclear posting for me. I'll talk to Evercleaer fans. I am U2 fan, I am thirteen. Most people my like stupid Justin! Please give me slack! I like the Beatles, even ELVIS. I have similar tastes. Remember the thread like Everclear. Everclear fans post they like them. Sure, they have problems, but they have great music in my opinion. Thrash this thread! :mad:

State Your Opinion, But No Bashing!

Everclear-stinks, a user says. Then that's all that username will say. O.K., new forum rule! I like or do not this band and maybe why but that's it. No bashing!

I would just like to say that if I can not fly off the handle when somebody says something negative about Ryan Adams that anybody else should be able to control themself about any other band too. ;)

That's about all I'm going to say on that...unless this continues to go on. But let's just try to keep it civil...or just get back on the topic of Everclear.

Oh...and, obviously, I merged these threads because I figured that the debate here would just also spill over into that thread, since it's discussing the same issue. It's best to just keep it contained here. :)

Thanks. Youi've have always been there when I needed you.I have a great time o Interence, just expect this time. Your sweet to, thanks for the post in my journal! :wink: :wink: Two winks is extraspecial!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I have no unread pms from you. I don't even think you were a premium member the last time we had a fight. I don't see any point in having a fight because it's useless and going nowhere. You and zoney obviously hate me and nothing I can say is going to be good enough so the only thing to do is put each other back on ignore and move on. I don't want to fight any more. I just had one with my husband, about what worthless pile of crap I am for even coming to this message board so I've had more than enough right now.

I have problems, other people on this board have problems today, and it all makes fighting over who hates what band seem lame.

there's a chance you have it and missed it cos your box is full. it was back in november though. 11-17-03 or something.

since no one has been on topic for the last 3,500 replies anyway I would like to point out that angie was right

I can see U2Kitten's point though

it can seem that some bands, Coldplay being one of them, are hailed as the second coming by a majority over here and (as I learned the hard way by another band who are only able to evoke the emotion of extreme boredom from me) when you then state that in your opinion (freedom of speech yada yada) they are as bland as bland can be then you are suddenly supposed to be able to put into words why you exactly do not like that band

now you would never be asked to do this if it was another band
and rightfully so because you can't argue about taste

as far as I'm concerned this is a U2 forum so all we should agree on is that U2 is an excellent band and we - ALL OF US - should just shrug out shoulders when someone mentions a band we do not like

fairly simple basically

Last edited:
IWasBored, I didn't say it was. But I really don't think I ever got a PM from you and I don't think you were Premium yet the last time we had a fight. If you did send me a PM I'd probably be afraid to open it. You and zoney pick on me, take exception to things I say and do while others do the same and you let them pass. You make this board a torture for me instead of the fun release from my everyday stress hell it's supposed to be, and that I need it to be. I am afraid of you and I dread your posts. If you think you're being funny I don't like that type of 'humor' and never have. Please put me on ignore and leave me alone and I will do the same for you. Honestly, with all the serious problems in my life, and the lives of some others on this board, picking on me over this is really a waste of time.

:hug: Cute Irish Bono, I'm glad you came back. Please stick to PLEBA the people are nice there :wave:

Bonochick, I don't think anyone has ever jumped right in a thread you posted about Ryan Adams to go 'HE SUCKS hahaha!' which is what happened here.

Salome said:
I can see U2Kitten's point though

it can seem that some bands, Coldplay being one of them, are hailed as the second coming by a majority over here and (as I learned the hard way by another band who are only able to evoke the emotion of extreme boredom from me) when you then state that in your opinion (freedom of speech yada yada) they are as bland as bland can be then you are suddenly supposed to be able to put into words why you exactly do not like that band

now you would never be asked to do this if it was another band
and rightfully so because you can't argue about taste

as far as I'm concerned this is a U2 forum so all we should agree on is that U2 is an excellent band and we - ALL OF US - should just shrug out shoulders when someone mentions a band we do not like

fairly simple basically

:bow: :up:

I agree with Salome's point. U2 Kitten have been there for me. Thanks, U2 Kitten.

Last edited:
I want you guys to know that this thread should be thrashed. And I'll stick PLEBA and sometimes come here. I do believe in freedom of speech, but to me you talk behind my back, and I EVEN heard the converstaion.

U2Kitten said:
So the rules are, it's okay to joke on bands as long as they're not YOUR bands, the bands the 'clique' like, such as Coldplay, Radiohead, Clash, Ramones and Sex Pistols. Other bands, though they may be of higher musical quality than those bands, are open to be joked on, and if anybody doesn't like it they should get over it? Well why don't YOU get over it? Because you and your bands are above it, but it's okay to treat everybody else that way? I could never stand mean spirited people with twisted senses of humor who thought stuff like that was funny and get their entertainment at someone else's expense. But they don't care, unless somebody does it to them, then it's wrong. I have enough abuse from people in my own life, I don't need this shit from you. We are all premium members, if either of you have anything to say to me I say take it to PMs.

Holy mother of crap.

Do you not read ANY of my posts. From now on (and here is an ACTUAL RULE), please para-phrase back to me what I have stated to you BEFORE you post (this is what I have had to do with every other person in my life that has not understood anything I just stated). Do you want me to explain that further?

We are talking about opinions here. Angela Harlem and Salome and others have been going into Radiohead threads for a long time saying that they (radiohead) is bland and boring. I look forward to Salome's comments in Radiohead threads now. I know they are coming, and I find it pretty damn funny.

Do I race of and call him "mean spirited" and yell at him because "he is getting his entertainment at someone else's expense?" No.

I really want to pull my hair out right now. I really can't understand how it is "mean spirited" when I opiniate about a band like eVERCLEAR, but when YOU, U2KITTEN, opiniate about Coldpaly, it is fine.

DO YOU NOT SEE THIS?

I wanted to reinforce Salome's point....This is the best post in this thread and it has been overlooked, I think.

Angela Harlem said:
The bashing of other's musical tastes is a funny business. I'll use me as an example, I might launch into a joyous attack on a band I really dislike and enjoy hating (??? even I dont get me sometimes lol), and the person reading it is more than likely pissing themselves thinking "Yeah, like YOU can talk"
And they're right.

Its a funny business...
:hmm:

Again, it is personal opinion. And I know for a fact that Angela Harlem is not part of the Radiohead/Coldplay clique. She makes me laugh when she talks about her loathing for Radiohead too. But she likes Bush! :wink:

can i make a sugesstion? since this is essentially a pleba-esque thread (calling for pictures of art alexakis), can these things be confined to the PLEBAns section? that's what it's for, isn't it?

Cute Irish Bono just seems so cute.... is it b/c she has "cute" in her name or that she likes Everclear?

I liked Everclear's hits Santa Monica and Everything to Everyone but my problem with the band was the sameness of some of the songs, especially with the singles.

I'm used to the music hate on this forum and to be honest its quite entertaining. I should know about hate.... even the forum administrators promoted some of it...

I would love to see a day when bands like Matchbox 20, Creed, Nickelback, Limp Bizkit fans are able to post here and not be subjected to the musical cliquishness/ snobbery. Of course the entertainment level of this forum would go down big time as a result....

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:
Of course the entertainment level of this forum would go down big time as a result....

You don't think it has gone down (the entertainment level)? I almost feel like I have been elevated to some high-snobbery because other have "left." And I am far from a super music snob. I can't keep up with the local indie kid scene here in Chambana. :wink:

You in Memphis now?

edit for clarification...this is zonelistener using one of his lame, very anti-indie, anti-snob alters.

Last edited:
I can see it was a mistake not to close this thread much earlier

NO ONE over here but the admins & mods decides what is appropriate forum behaviour
if everyone would start imposing their opinion on what is right and what isn't the entire forum would result into threads like this and that would make me cry so we can't have that

does that mean the mod team is some sort of dictatorial regime?
by NO means
we can be contacted my emails (which is in every mod's sig), there is a "report" option for every post, we can be reached by pm's and if you have any suggestions there is a seperate forum where you can post your suggestions

when you have a problem with a certain post/thread use the "report post/thread" option (it's actually quite self explanatory when you think about it)
mailing/pm'ing/phoning/IM'ing/sending a fax to one or two of us is an option but will probably not get you anywhere since there should be some kind of concensus on why we as a team agree that a something can or can not be posted
even though this is supposed to be a hobby we need some kind of policy to prevent people from thinking we're just taking sides with our friends / exclude some people etc.

my point is:
if I see one more thread where the entire focus is on someone's posting behaviour instead of the actual topic then I will hunt you down with an axe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom