MERGED ----> Pearl Jam Canadian tour + Pearl Jam Canadian Tour + ten club - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2005, 03:12 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:01 AM
My nutty friends and I are planning on flying to Seattle, where one of our friends lives. Then her very sweet boyfriend offered to drive us to Vancouver in his van. We were also talking about taking the ferry across. But I'm not sure how much that costs so we shall see.

I've never been to Vancouver, but I've heard its a really nice city. I was in Seattle for Beneroya in 03', but was only there for like 24 hours, so I didn't do much expect see the show.

Are ya gonna be flying or drive? I think its like a 15 hour drive from my place. LOL That would be a long time in the car. At least if you fly your near a major airport. We have a crappy little one here. I usually end up driving to Sac to fly out of.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:33 PM   #17
Refugee

lol No me and brother are flying to Seattle and going to Vancouver in a rented car. That's what we did last time. We both love Seattle and find any excuse to go there! lol That's cool that you have friends that like PJ.. all my friends hate PJ They just don't understand the depth of Eddie Vedder & Co.! lol that's what I tell them and they roll their eyes at me! But I'm glad I have a bro who is as crazy as I am when it comest to PJ and U2!!

Maybe I will see you there! Or at the Airport if you come to Sacramento! Let us fill the plane with crazy PJ fans!! I wish I could go to more shows but you know they will be rockin' the USA next year! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Do you have a good 10C #? If you do then you will defnitely be rockin'!! Man, I wish it was Sept already! lol

Old 04-27-2005, 04:08 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

That is so cool that your brother loves PJ/U2 too! My brothers all think I'm completely nuts. lol So does my husband, so I had to find me some good concert going friends.

It would be so cool if we had a plane full of PJ fans. hehe We could drive the stewardess crazy.

My ten club number isn't the greatest, but its not the worst either. Last tour I had decent seats. Not front row, but at least they weren't way in the back either. I'm hoping to get some decent seats again in Vancouver, but at least we will be in the building!

Did you get tickets for the Oakland U2 shows? I've got tickets for one of my friends and I for the first night. I'm still hoping for a Sacremento show.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:19 PM   #19
Refugee

Heheh Yeah my family thinks my bro and I are insane! Last time U2 was in Sac my bro and I waited in line for 14 hours, got on local TV .. my family thought we had lost it! lol But hey we got front row! They also told us we were stalkers for following PJ around for over a week last tour! lol As you can see I'm just as insane!!

Quote:
Did you get tickets for the Oakland U2 shows? I've got tickets for one of my friends and I for the first night.
No my bro forgot to get tickets for Oakland. He's in charge of getting U2 tickets and I'm in charge of getting Pearl Jam tickets!! He pays to be member of U2 club and I pay to be member of the 10C!

He did managed to get GA tickets for Portland Oregon in December!!! I can't wait for that one!!

OH man, I want them to come to Sacramento!! They have to add Sacramento! They just have to! lol

My 10C # is not the greatest either! I had a good number back in '97 but let my thing expired! ARGH. I was so mad... but it was difficult times back then... so I shouldn't get so angry! hehe But yeah we will be in the building. I did get 3rd row in Seattle... but it was done at random! lol

Aren't you glad that for this tour they are not doing the BLOCK system!!! Although, I am going to miss meeting and talking to Pearl Jam nuts for hours waiting for tickets!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 04:38 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I am so glad they aren't doing the block thing! Man that is a major relief. We can get to the venue when ever we please. But it was kind of fun hanging out with people for 10 hours before the Mountain View show. LOL We drank lots of water and tried to sleep on the ground. It wasn't pretty.

I'm jealous you guys have GAs for Portland. I really wanted to go to the Portland show, but there just isn't enough cash for all the shows. And I knew PJ was coming up so I'm trying to spread them out. I'm hoping to get tickets for the 2nd night in Oakland if they release some tix that day at the box office. I figure I'm already in Oakland I might as well give it a go. If I don't I'll just drive home. I didn't get GAs for Oak 1 so it would be nice to get some for Oak 2. A girl can dream. I can't even begin to imagine front row!

If you'd like drop me an email and we can keep chatting about PJ/U2 to our hearts content. abc@digital-star.com

Sadly I must go be a mom for a while and cook my little monkeys some dinner. But I'll be back on later. Between the blue crack and Synergy I'm never gonna get anything done. lol
Old 04-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #21
Refugee

Yeah it is a relief not having to wait forever!! I had a blast at the MGM waiting in line though! At least we were inside with air conditioning! lol I was at Mt. View too!

I know what you mean about spreading the tours!! Because it does get expensive!! I'm really excited about Portland though!! And there's no words to describe how excited I am about Vancouver in Sept!!

I wish we could have gotten some tickets for Oakland! GOOD LUCK on getting more for the 2nd show!! Maybe I'll try to get some too!!

I've been so distracted with U2 being on tour and checking out reviews/pics and now all these Pearl Jam goodness! Today I was at the PJ board reading the posts while trying to write a major theory paper! lol

Hey I e-mailed yah!! I'm always more than happy to chat with U2 and PJ fans... but it's a awesome when it's a PJ/U2 nut like me!!
Old 04-28-2005, 12:56 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:01 AM
Vedder should be at the vancouver u2 shows. He frequents the town and especially likes whistler mountain on his snowboard.

u2FP
Old 04-28-2005, 08:46 AM   #23
Babyface

Ten Club

With all the problems with the U2. com ticket fiasco I thought people would like to know Pearl Jam just announced their Candaian Tour. Ten Club members can get two tickets to every show. The fan club also changed their format so tickets are on the wings of the floors and no longer in blocks. This guarantees the best tickets go to the real fans. I know U2 fans (which I am one) say U2 tried to do what is right in regards to fixing the problem but I think no one cares more about their fans than PJ. U2.com can learn a lesson from Ten Club. Also no ticketmaster involvement. By the way I am seeing PJ in Quebec City.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:48 AM   #24
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 01:01 AM
i love your username.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:14 AM   #25
War Child

I don't like Pearl Jam (and I'm allowed to not like them since I live in Seattle), but to them for taking on Ticketmaster. That was my only beef with Vertgo tour - a band like U2 should be the one to fight Ticketmaster.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #26
Refugee

PJ Has always been sweet when it comes to getting tickets for there concerts, there cheap, and they dont do it through ticketmaster!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:20 AM   #27
Mirror Ball Man 2.0

Local Time: 05:01 AM
How late can one sign up for a ten club membership to be able to take advantage of tickets? U2.com gave a deadline for membership sign up.....

...Does the same apply?

U2BROTHR's JOSHUA TREE TOUR
Vancouver Toronto Boston Buffalo
Old 04-28-2005, 11:45 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Good Morning PJ fans.

Solacevip, they did give a deadline and sorry but its passed already. But you could go ahead and sign up now and you should be good for the next US tour. Since new cd is due to come out hopefully towards the end of the year, you know there will be a tour eventually. The membership is worth it. I've always gotten good seats and their not that expensive.

Mrs. Vedder I emailed ya back. If you really want to go to Oak 2, we could meet outside the Arena the morning of the show and try to score tickets together. It could be fun. Even if we don't get GAs I bet they will release some regular seats.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Wow, I'd love to see them in St. John's...I think PJ's the best act to come to Newfoundland in a long time!
Old 04-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #30
Mirror Ball Man 2.0

Quote:
Originally posted by Russty Cat
Good Morning PJ fans.

Solacevip, they did give a deadline and sorry but its passed already. But you could go ahead and sign up now and you should be good for the next US tour. Since new cd is due to come out hopefully towards the end of the year, you know there will be a tour eventually. The membership is worth it. I've always gotten good seats and their not that expensive.

Thanks you very much.......but it is obvious that they aren't coming back to Canada then for their US tour.

I've seen Pearl Jam once at Maple Leaf Gardens, GA on the blue line....

.....all I gotta say is Yellow Ledbetter.....

Would they be coming back to Canada then?