MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Before everyone gets all up in arms over this, it's nothing different than what happens to most people sentenced for non-violent crimes like DUI. Unless you pull some crap while you are in jail, you will do about half of your sentence, period. And you generally know your release date ahead of time, WITH credit for good time.

well, they have to keep her separated from the general populace. God knows what they could catch from her.

Appearing for your court date is good behaviour on the Paris Hilton scale. :huh: That reminds me of the Chris Rock routine where he talked about some black people bragging about taking care of their kids or not being in jail and he says "You're supposed to take of your kids, You're not supposed to go to jail" It's not an exceptional trait.

I think condemning someone to spend 23 days in a cell with Paris Hilton would be quite the punishment too. You are going to jail ANNNNNNNDDDDD you have to listen to Paris Hilton hear drone on for hours at a time. That could be a great deterrent for people. How many times could you hear "that's hot" before you slapped her!:wink:

Last edited:
Boo. I wanted her with the rest of the prison population, where the threat of her being shanked is a possabilty or to prove her self she had to beat someone up. 23days, I bet if it was me I would be in there for the maximum. I need to become rich and famous.

Justin24 said:
23days, I bet if it was me I would be in there for the maximum. I need to become rich and famous.

Bono's American Wife said:
Before everyone gets all up in arms over this, it's nothing different than what happens to most people sentenced for non-violent crimes like DUI. Unless you pull some crap while you are in jail, you will do about half of your sentence, period. And you generally know your release date ahead of time, WITH credit for good time.

^ I hate Nancy Grace :happy: but that's an entirely different thread, I'm sure. Really ridiculous though, this whole thing.. And you'd think her going to jail would mean we'd get a break from her, but no. You just know we're going to have daily media reports speculating on how she's dealing with jail, what she might be doing, etc. :crack:

trevster2k said:
well, they have to keep her separated from the general populace. God knows what they could catch from her.
:lmao:

fl_paris_070518_ssv.jpg

Carek1230 said:
I wish she'd just drag her skinny ass to the jail and get the whole ordeal over with, what is she waiting for?

Seriously, would you voluntarily go to jail one minute sooner than you had to? Most people would drag it out until the very last day, don't you think?

I wish our media would stop reporting on her. She's uninteresting, she's unaccomplished, not particularly attractive and offers essentially nothing newsworthy to society as a whole.

anitram said:
I wish our media would stop reporting on her. She's uninteresting, she's unaccomplished, not particularly attractive and offers essentially nothing newsworthy to society as a whole.

Stop talking about her!!:wink:

Let the thread die!!

Oh shit, now I'm doing it.

DAMN YOU PARIS HILTON DAMN YOUR VACUOUS EXISTENCE!!!!!!!

Justin24 said:
Boo. I wanted her with the rest of the prison population, where the threat of her being shanked is a possabilty

You were hoping she would be stabbed??

Holy shit, just when I think I've seen the lowest thing thing I've ever seen typed by freaks on message boards, someone always manages to go lower.

Bonochick said:
I also think that was a horrible statement, but we can't call each other names.

Oh.

Right.

Sorry.

The next time someone expresses their disappointment that a woman isn't going to be stabbed I'll be sure to refer to them as a regular, stable guy.

Two wrongs don't make a right, it's an overused expression, but it's true. Like I said, I agree with your feelings, but sometimes...we can't express our feelings EXACTLY as felt. :wink:

She reported last night after going to the MTV Movie Awards. This is her booking photo.

9194804-front.jpg

LYNWOOD, Calif. (AP) - Many women at the Los Angeles County jail where Paris Hilton is expected to arrive any day are already angry at the socialite, a former inmate said.

Susannah Johnson, who was released Saturday after a one-day stay at the jail, said inmates were angry at Hilton, believing officials were making room for the starlet at the expense of other inmates already coping with crowded conditions in the 2,200-bed jail.

"The only advice I could give her when she comes is to shut her mouth and do the time," said Johnson, 35, of Claremont.

Hilton has been ordered to turn herself in by Tuesday to begin her sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

Some 15 photographers, reporters and television crews staked out positions at three entrances to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood. Authorities had also cordoned off a grassy area outside the jail for members of the media.

"Today, Paris is the story," said Robert Penfold, a TV reporter with Australia's Nine Network.

As of Saturday night, however, the hotel heiress had yet to appear. By then, most of the media had packed up their folding chairs and tripods, though a handful of remaining reporters bundled up in the cooling temperatures.

Adrian Sanchez, a photographer with Agencia Efe, a Spanish language wire service, said he was "bored, hungry and cold."

The 13-year-old jail, five miles south of downtown Los Angeles, has been an all-female facility since March 2006. The two-story concrete building sits in an industrial neighborhood, beside train tracks and beneath a bustling freeway.

Though a judge sentenced her to 45 days behind bars, Hilton is expected to serve only 23 days because of a state law that requires shorter sentences for good behavior, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

Once she arrives, the "Simple Life" star will be housed in the jail's "special needs" unit.

Like other inmates in the special-needs area, Hilton will take her meals in her cell and will be allowed outside the 12-foot-by-8-foot space for at least an hour each day to shower, watch TV in the day room, participate in outdoor recreation or talk on the telephone.

Inmates are not allowed to bring cell phones into the jail.

Besides a decidedly unglamorous orange jumpsuit, inmates are issued a standard-issue kit that includes: a toothbrush, tube of toothpaste, soap, a comb, deodorant, shampoo and shaving implements, along with a jail-issued pencil, stationery, envelopes and stamps.

Last edited:
0604_paris_mugshots.jpg

Whoops! Wrong Paris Mugshot Released!
Los Angeles County Sheriff's officials tell TMZ that the first mugshot they released (right), the one in which you are unable to see Paris' white jumper, was taken moments after her September 7 DUI arrest and was "inadvertently released" by officials this morning. The photo was never supposed to be released.

I have to say, I felt bad for her last night at the Movie Awards when Sara Silverman made that joke about her going to jail and everyone started cheering and then the camera panned to her reaction. I definitely think she deserves to do the time but I also think people should treat her like a person with feelings. You know everyone was applauding and cheering not because she was going to jail for her DUI and justice was served but because people are tired of her and won't have to hear about her for awhile. That's gotta hurt just a little bit, for anyone it would.

Last edited:
Yeah, that made me kind of uncomfortable, too. At least she had a small smile for the camera.

But I'm sure she expected it. If she wanted to avoid anything like that, she would have stayed away from the awards show.

I turned the TV on right after the joke or whatever was said. I just saw Paris' face and I felt kinda bad too even though I didnt know what Sarah said.

What did Sarah say? :shifty:

That was REALLY fucked up. :|

What a bitch :down:

I dont think she's funny anyway.

No excuses, but that's Sarah Silverman's brand of humor. I say no need for jokes like that about Paris when she's so down at this time and sitting right there. I give Paris credit for having the courage to sit there given the fact that Sarah was the host and knowing she was headed to jail after the show. I hope she can learn something from jail- when I see her talking about it, if it's sincere, I am impressed and I like what she has to say.

TMZ must have paid someone inside the jail to get this info

"TMZ has the lowdown on the Paris saga. Here's what we know so far:

Paris is winning over the jail staff. Fifteen hours in, they're calling her a "model citizen" -- gracious, thankful and polite to the staff.

She's wearing a short-sleeved, orange jumpsuit. She still has on the makeup she was wearing last night. Her hair is down. Oh yeah, speaking of hair, we were told ixnay on the hair extensions, but that's not the case with her. The staff allows extensions that are "tightly wound." We're told Paris meets that standard, so she has been allowed to keep hers.

She's not interacting with any of the inmates, at least not yet. She's only seeing them through glass. We're told she's not happy, but resigned to getting it done. She's not teary, just very quiet.

As for her cell -- it's 12x8 feet, with a bunk bed, a toilet and wash basin. There are two windows -- a little one in the door, and one on the wall that overlooks buildings. It looks like she missed lunch, because she was meeting with her lawyer, Richard Hutton."

Well it doesnt really sound like she's living in luxury. Sounds pretty crappy actually.

Back
Top Bottom