MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #481
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:16 PM
I think it's a good look for her.

Shall we take bets as to how long she'll go with the "young, fresh-faced and innocent" look to garner her goodwill in the media?

Old 06-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #482
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:16 AM
Her handwriting is like that of an 8 year old.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #483
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Shall we take bets as to how long she'll go with the "young, fresh-faced and innocent" look to garner her goodwill in the media?
9 hours?

Quote:
Paris Hilton might be serious about turning her life around, but she's going to look good doing it.

Hilton, 26, who was released at 12:01 a.m. from Los Angeles' Century Regional Detention Facility, had a 9:30 at-home appointment this morning with DreamCatchers Hair Extensions, according to The Insider.

And just what was Hilton getting? "Full length, 20 inches of extensions....blonde, of course," the DreamCatchers rep told The Insider. When the show asked if Hilton would be taking her new locks out on the town tonight, the rep replied, "wouldn't you?"

The hair-fix house-call contradicts what Hilton told Barbara Walters at the start of her sentence. “I’m not that superficial girl," she said. "I haven’t looked in a mirror since I got here. My purpose in life is to be where I am.”

Now that "where she is" has changed, we guess her purpose in life is to look, if we may borrow her expression, hot?

Regardless, none of it is what Usmagazine.com readers had hoped Hilton would do upon her release. When asked what the ex-con heiress's first move should be, 70% of you said "go into hiding."
Old 06-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:16 AM
Quote:

I think so too. Her makeup can be so garish.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:24 PM   #485
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

9 hours?

are any of us surprised
Old 06-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

This is a nice picture
post jail.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #487
Blue Crack Addict

Her eyes look dark in all the photos. Is it just weird lighting or does she usually wear blue contacts?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #488
ONE
love, blood, life

I can't believe she is out already...
Old 06-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #489
Blue Crack Distributor

She served her full sentence, didn't she?

I just saw elsewhere online that US Weekly is Paris-free this week, correctly guessing that we're all Parised out.

I feel like buying 10 copies instead of my usual 1 this Friday just to thank them.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #490
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Her eyes look dark in all the photos. Is it just weird lighting or does she usually wear blue contacts?
Yup. I remember seeing some pics. of her from high school in a magzine a couple years ago, and she actually has brown eyes.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #491
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:16 AM
Last weekend, I hung out with a relative of mine, this relative and their significant other hang out with an interesting crowd...

We were out having drinks and got on the subject of Paris, 4 out of 10 at the table all said, "they just have it out for her, I got caught with worse and never had to do anytime...".

I found this interesting, since many use the argument, "she's just like everyone else", after that conversation it kind of opened my eyes. Just putting that out there...
Old 06-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #492
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER
I can't believe she is out already...
Why?

She served every single day she was required to serve and actually did 90% more time than most people who violated their probation would do.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:25 AM   #493
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I think she probably learned something from this experience. At least she might appreciate what she has now and not take it for granted. Supposedly she wants to do charity work and build a transitional home for people that get released from prison so I'm sure it taught her some kind of lesson. I admit, I've watched alot of the Simple Life and she really isnt a terrible person. She's done a lot of nice things for people and families over the years on that show. And I have no idea why I'm sticking up for her
Old 06-27-2007, 01:37 AM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I just saw elsewhere online that US Weekly is Paris-free this week, correctly guessing that we're all Parised out.

I feel like buying 10 copies instead of my usual 1 this Friday just to thank them.
I believe this is what you're looking for ...

US Weekly Blacks Out Hilton Coverage
By JOHN ROGERS, Associated Press Writer
4 hours ago

LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton gets out of jail on Tuesday and she won't be on the cover of US Weekly on Friday? How, short of the Apocalypse, is this possible?

"When it came down to it, the staff and I felt what I believe a lot of people in America are feeling. Which is just enormous Paris fatigue," US Weekly Editor Janice Min told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

As a result, Hilton not only won't be on the cover, there won't even be a mention of her in the magazine.

"I don't think," Min joked, "we even mention the city of Paris."

That was no easy task, she said, adding US Weekly editors had to comb carefully through every beauty story and every fashion item to make sure there wasn't an offhand mention of the hotel heiress somewhere.

The Associated Press put in place a similar Hilton moratorium for a week earlier this year, just to see what would happen.

As it turned out, the celebutante didn't do much that was of interest to anyone that week. Certainly she didn't get out of jail and get chased across town by a pack of Hilton-hungry photographers.

Still, Min expects her magazine will do just fine without her. Hilton, she said, has become such a mainstream media staple "that in many ways her time with US Weekly has moved on."

So look instead for an US Weekly cover photo Friday of Tom Cruise's baby and, inside the magazine, a dozen pages of other Hollywood babies.

Which raises the question, what would US Weekly do if Paris Hilton had a baby?

"That will elevate her, probably, back onto the cover," Min said with a laugh.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:06 AM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

My only issue with her is that she was born into so many advantages in life and while I'm sure she has had her fair share of personal issues and turmoil (publicly she seems to lead a rather charmed life-but I believe she had a relative who died recently of breast cancer), she basically thwarts that with her attitude and behavior (and her parents seem to as well). Even people who are born disadvantaged bust their butts to stay on the straight and narrow, so maybe that's where some of the resentment comes in, I don't know. Her aunt says she saves the real and nice and sweet Paris for private-why? Why not share that more? Does she think being that was publicly will lose her career opportunities or something, get her less press attention? Cause "bad girls" get attention and the others don't? She has talent as a businesswoman, she has made her own money in spite of all the money she was born into. She isn't stupid. Why doesn't she focus on that instead of being a bad girl to get attention? She's 26, not a teenager.

I have watched the Simple Life and I see the sweetness and goodness in her too and I like it.