MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:50 AM
Like they mentioned on that Oprah show, the public in general views DUI that way because so many do it and actually want to keep doing it. That's very sad to say and of course many people don't and don't want to-but it's reality. And that is ultimately why this Paris thing matters, but of course the media won't report that angle and it seems to be completely lost in most peoples' opinions.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #332
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pearl
As much as I am glad that she is going back to jail, I felt kind of bad that she was screaming and crying.
Yeah, me too. It's so much harder to hate on a celebrity when they exhibit actual human emotions.

I think. Maybe more of a or

Gosh, I'm so conflicted.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #333
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Yeah, me too. It's so much harder to hate on a celebrity when they exhibit actual human emotions.

I think. Maybe more of a or

Gosh, I'm so conflicted.
Don't be so conflicted....its just a spoiled brat not getting her way this time.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #334
Refugee

Local Time: 07:50 AM
^^ Exactly. She's just an heiress who's gonna be without her Blackberry, blue colored contacts, and all the other crap that normal people don't really need in life. She'll be fine. Sure, jail sucks, but it's not like she's going there forever.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #335
Blue Crack Distributor

those who get a second alcohol driving offense should be given the choice of going to jail or going to rehab. do it once, it can be a mistake. do it again after being caught and it's a major sign that you are an alcoholic and have no control over your actions when you drink and probably should stop drinking immediately. perhaps jail time & rehab... but without addressing the problem, the jail time is more or less useless.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #336
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
... but without addressing the problem, the jail time is more or less useless.

ok, maybe i'm too much of a gullible, wide-eyed optimist, but . . . . only talking about Paris, do you really think she'll be drinking and driving after having gone through this ordeal???
Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #337
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:50 AM
Maybe not right away, but the cynic in me wouldn't be surprised. But then again, I do hope she learns from this experience.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #338
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER

Don't be so conflicted....its just a spoiled brat not getting her way this time.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #339
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
those who get a second alcohol driving offense should be given the choice of going to jail or going to rehab. do it once, it can be a mistake. do it again after being caught and it's a major sign that you are an alcoholic and have no control over your actions when you drink and probably should stop drinking immediately. perhaps jail time & rehab... but without addressing the problem, the jail time is more or less useless.

You are so right. I went to rehab after my second bust (which I was charged for driving under the influence of PAINKILLERS and not alcohol but it still is a misdemeanor).

America rates the highest in DUI's...why is that? We're doing something wrong here.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #340
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by absintheminded

You are so right. I went to rehab after my second bust (which I was charged for driving under the influence of PAINKILLERS and not alcohol but it still is a misdemeanor).

America rates the highest in DUI's...why is that? We're doing something wrong here.
A higher percentage of th population, especially at young ages, owns and drives cars. Most other countries, especially in Europe and asia have good public transport systems.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:19 PM   #341
Refugee

I'm not sure how reliable this site is, but it's saying that Paris' grandfather gave the maximum allowed contribution to Sheriff Baca's campaign last election. And that he's in with the Hollywood crowd, which we already knew about with the Mel Gibson case. What a shock.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...amily-cash.php
Old 06-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #342
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

I did, and it was the toughest thing I've ever had to watch on tv. I forced myself to watch, and I was an emotional wreck. Everyone should be required to watch that show in driver's ed. How anyone could watch that and ever get behind the wheel after even one drink would be beyond my comprehension.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200..._284_101.jhtml

This happened right near my house, awful
Old 06-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

It really isn't the DUI so much that bothers me, though don't get me wrong DUI is serious but I do understand the limit she was at when she was arrested for that was right at the line, what gets my goat is she was REPEATEDLY stopped for various reasons while driving with a suspended liscense and she doesn't see why this got her into this whole mess.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #344
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
It really isn't the DUI so much that bothers me, though don't get me wrong DUI is serious but I do understand the limit she was at when she was arrested for that was right at the line, what gets my goat is she was REPEATEDLY stopped for various reasons while driving with a suspended liscense.
Exactly. She has no respect for the law. She thinks it doesn't apply to her. She was only caught driving twice, but she probably was driving alot more than that.

Then she shows up to her court date 18 minutes late?? When she knows that it's a real possiblity that she will get the maximum sentence. She really honestly thought her parents fame and money could buy her out of this situation. And it almost worked. Luckily, there was a judge out there that doesn't stand for that kind of crap.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #345
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv

Exactly. She has no respect for the law. She thinks it doesn't apply to her. She was only caught driving twice, but she probably was driving alot more than that.
that's what I was thinking...