MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #301
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:26 AM
Wonder why she has to do 45 days now.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #302
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:26 AM
It was originally 45, then it was cut down to 23, so I guess after this whole saga they put it back to 45.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #303
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
On a sidenote...this is considered "breaking news" at CNN. I don't know if that's sad or funny.
This is what I'm talking about, how is this valid news in the grand scheme of things?

Someone said earlier they wanted her to go to jail because then we wouldn't have to hear about her.

Are you kidding me?

It's going to be non stop reports now from a bunch of idiots camped outside of the jail speaking to the janitor about her "daily routine" or one of her security guard’s cousins sisters uncles former roommate for their opinion...

When does it stop? Seriously...
Old 06-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #304
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:26 AM
I don't like the woman, but why should she be held responsible for the sheriffs mistake?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #305
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:26 AM
the whole situation is sad really, what she did, how mucked up it's being handled, everything about it.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #306
Refugee

Local Time: 11:26 PM
I don't feel bad for her. The Sheriff went against the judge's orders and let her go home. Why would he do this if there wasn't some type of bribe involved? Paris tried to use her money and fame to get released and it almost worked. She should have just served her time and been done with it. I think she got what she deserves.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #307
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
I don't feel bad for her. The Sheriff went against the judge's orders and let her go home. Why would he do this if there wasn't some type of bribe involved? Paris tried to use her money and fame to get released and it almost worked. She should have just served her time and been done with it. I think she got what she deserves.
Right. I feel like there had to be some sort of favor involved with the Sheriff. What that was, who knows.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #308
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
I don't like the woman, but why should she be held responsible for the sheriffs mistake?
Yeah, I think it's bad enough that they've jerked her around, like I said, but if they really have bumped her sentence back up because of this, I don't understand that. What was she supposed to do when she was told she could leave?

Kind of curious, for anybody who knows...how common is this sort of thing, someone being let out of jail early and having it be challenged, resulting in the person having to return?

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #309
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
I seriously doubt this was a "mistake" made by the Sheriff. This is the same Sheriff who went easy on Mel Gibson because he gave to one of the Sheriff's funds. Nobody knows for sure if in this case he was bribed by the Hilton's, but he had to be motivated by something pretty major to go against the judge's orders. I'm sure it wasn't out of the kindness of his heart.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
I don't feel bad for her. The Sheriff went against the judge's orders and let her go home. Why would he do this if there wasn't some type of bribe involved?

Ultravioletluvv, others here may thrash you for your mindless speculation, but I for one support you.

I make snap judgments all the time.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

I am not sure why anyone is assuming that her sentence got bumped back up to 45 days. The judge said she had to serve out the remainder, and did not specifically say 45 days, so it very well could be the 23 days she got.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #312
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

If there was a bribe or something involved, my sympathy for her would most likely diminish significantly. However, we don't know that for sure, so I'm still sticking with my opinion.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 06-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

back to jail for you missy...
Old 06-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #314
The Fly

Somebody's in contempt of court at the sheriff's station....

Old 06-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #315
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

Yeah, I think it's bad enough that they've jerked her around, like I said, but if they really have bumped her sentence back up because of this, I don't understand that. What was she supposed to do when she was told she could leave?

Kind of curious, for anybody who knows...how common is this sort of thing, someone being let out of jail early and having it be challenged, resulting in the person having to return?
I don't think it's something that happens. This has turned into a pissing contest. The tail wagging the dog. The media has the public stirred into a frenzy over a non story and politicians are trying to placate their constituents. It's embarrassing.

Under statute the sheriff is allowed to house criminals under his jurisdiction in any way he sees fit. It is NORMAL for someone to serve only 10 % of their sentence in LA county. If they'd released her without the bracelet and said that maybe people would just realize it's standard operating procedure and if we want that changed we need to put more money into prisons. I talked to an attorney last night that goes in front of Sauer regularly and he is a tough judge and he wouldn't want to be quoted speaking about this case knowing he'd have to go in front of him again.

By the way, same court. His client black, middle class family man. 2nd DUI high breathalyzer still on probation when he got the 2nd which caused an accident. Got the 45 day sentence of which he will only serve 10% no house arrest because he also got his license back so he could return to work.

Does no one care about George Michael getting no jail time with his history and latest DUI?