MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2007, 08:07 PM   #256
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

Ok ok! Clearly we have different definitions of attractive females...That doesn't make me petty or jealous because I don't think there is anything remarkable about her appearance.
Thank you!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #257
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

Wow, I didn't realize the universe is now going by your standards of what makes someone attractive or not.
well now that you know you can feel free to move forward with your life.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

Ok ok! Clearly we have different definitions of attractive females...That doesn't make me petty or jealous because I don't think there is anything remarkable about her appearance.
oh come on, if you took off your anti-Paris biased glasses, and she was just a normal person, one of your friends, youd say she was a very good looking person.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:21 PM   #259
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

oh come on, if you took off your anti-Paris biased glasses, and she was just a normal person, one of your friends, youd say she was a very good looking person.
How do you know that?

I don't find her attractive because I don't find that body type on women either feminine or attractive. She looks like a 2x4 to me. No hips, no breasts, no curves. She has nice eyes, don't think her face is very good looking, but reasonably attractive.

I really don't find her to be "a very good looking person." And for the record, I find Lindsay Lohan as irritating and yet feel she is considerably more attractive. So it has nothing to do with rose coloured glasses. Maybe some of us just don't find her attractive and it's as simple as that. I know plenty of people who don't think Brad Pitt is good looking, and I don't ascribe motives to them.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #260
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ah, the boys are coming to Paris' rescue - how cute!

Damn right I want to see her do her time and serve out her sentence - she was caught for a DUI then driving with a suspended license! I feel the same way about Lohan and Ritchie too - both of whom have also been arrested for driving offences.

But do I resent Paris solely for the fact she was born into wealth and didn't "earn" her celebrity? If that was the case I wouldn't care for her sister Nicky but since hasn't broken the law and potentially put other lives at risk (that I know of anyway) I have no problem with her whatsoever
Old 06-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

I really don't find her to be "a very good looking person." And for the record, I find Lindsay Lohan as irritating and yet feel she is considerably more attractive. So it has nothing to do with rose coloured glasses. Maybe some of us just don't find her attractive and it's as simple as that.
I was just going to bring up Lindsay Lohan. I think she's very attractive (when she's not on bender of some sort) but I'm not really a fan of hers.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead

Damn right I want to see her do her time and serve out her sentence - she was caught for a DUI then driving with a suspended license! I feel the same way about Lohan and Ritchie too - both of whom have also been arrested for driving offences.
Of course her DUI was highly suspect in the first place. She blew a freaking .08, which is exactly the limit. The readings arent 100% accurate, and if she blew a .0799 she would have been fine. Hell, not too long ago the law used to be .10, you aren't even tipsy at .08. But yeah I guess nobody on this board has ever done that.

It's like getting a ticket for going 56 in a 55. So maybe she didn't really get the "preferential" treament we all think.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:35 AM
This thread is hilarious, .
Old 06-07-2007, 08:40 PM   #264
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Of course her DUI was highly suspect in the first place. She blew a freaking .08, which is exactly the limit. The readings arent 100% accurate, and if she blew a .0799 she would have been fine. Hell, not too long ago the law used to be .10, you aren't even tipsy at .08. But yeah I guess nobody on this board has ever done that.

It's like getting a ticket for going 56 in a 55. So maybe she didn't really get the "preferential" treament we all think.
She drank. She drove on a suspended licence. She made those decisions.

Excusing them is exactly why she feels that drinking and driving on a suspended licence is acceptable.

It looks like her ass is being hauled back into court tomorrow as the city attorney wants her back in jail.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

That's all to me since I don't even have my driver's licence

If her sentence was too harsh to begin with, then, yes, I'd say some of our points here are questionable, but I'll leave it to our resident lawyer-in-training (albeit Canadian one!) to take that up...Anitram?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

haha, I should have known you'd jump in before I did!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

her big mistake was not fighting the original DUI in the first place, she probably could have easily won that. but then people would have said she was trying to be above the law then too.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #268
Blue Crack Distributor

most average people could get a .08 either thrown out or at the very least dropped down. heck, most average people could get anything below a .11 dropped down to the lesser charge. not just celebrities.

and most people wouldn't go to jail for driving with a suspended liscense.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #269
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:35 AM
Paris might be heading back to the slammer...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070608/...aris_hilton_56

Paris Hilton ordered to return to court

By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent

LOS ANGELES - Hours after Paris Hilton was sent home under house arrest Thursday, the judge who put her in jail ordered her into court to determine whether she should be put back behind bars. Hilton must report to court at 9 a.m. Friday, Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini told The Associated Press.

"My understanding is she will be brought in in a sheriff's vehicle from her home," Parachini said.

Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer issued his order after the city attorney filed a petition late Thursday afternoon questioning if Sheriff Lee Baca should be held in contempt of court for releasing Hilton Thursday morning.

The celebrity inmate was sent home from the L.A. County jail's Lynwood lockup shortly after 2 a.m. for an unspecified medical condition in a stunning reduction to her original 45-day sentence.

She was ordered to finish her 45-day sentence under house arrest, meaning she could not leave her four-bedroom, three-bath home in the Hollywood Hills until next month.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:35 PM
This is crazy...