MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:

i just think the joy people get out of others downfalls is a bit sick.

I have to agree. I don't understand how anyone can not have compassion for her at this point. She made a big mistake (or two or three), she's paying for it, and apparently not doing well. I say leave her alone already.

I have my criticisms about the way this whole trainwreck has been handled all around by everyone involved, yet a lot of the posts in this thread just sound like girls being mean to girls.

Chizip said:

exxxxactly. if someone has 1 beer and drives and gets into an accident, that doesn't mean the beer caused the accident. if someone has a sip of wine at church then gets in an accident on the way home, it doesnt mean the wine is what caused it. there are lots of reasons for accidents. theres a study that shows talking on a cell phone is more dangerous than driving at the drunk .08 level.

No one said this,this was not the argument! You are pulling bullshit from thin air!

The original point that i was stating and a number of other posters were stating is that alcohol affects your judgement,period,whether you have a couple or alot. OBVIOUSLY....the more you drink, the MORE you are impaired , no one was contesting that.

Now here in Oz the legal limit for safe driving is 0.05 (Blood alcohol Concentration) ie: 2 standard drinks and 1 standard drink every hour thereafter.

So it really depends on what constitutes a standard drink and in which time you down them........now for instance, the tosser that hit me downed 2 schooners(= 3 standard drinks) in less than 20 minutes and also had a few the night before, he thought he would be OK. I do not not know exactly what he blew but he was over the limit even if what only a little bit over, you have to draw the line somewhere, and 0.05 is pretty reasonable IF you want to get behind the wheel of a car!

Also thanks to MrsSpringsteen & u2fanaticforever for your kind thoughts, mum made a remarkable recovery, she had to wait a few months in hospital for her custom made hip replacement to arrive from the USA because her hip was so badly smashed that the generic hip replacements could not do the job as damage went as far as half way down her femur.....it's real fun walking through the airport, the buzzers go mental, if you could see a an X-ray of her hip and leg it looks like she has a rifle in it! It has been a decade now since the crash and her hip is overdue for another replacement....so far so good.

Last edited:
I have no interest whatsoever in being mean to girls. I just have high expectations of them, especially someone like Paris who has so many advantages in life to start with-and wish they would truly learn from their mistakes and hold themselves to a higher standard and be better to themselves. And I don't like the whole playing dumb either-she isn't dumb and shouldn't have to act as if she is for any reason. I hope she's serious about that aspect.

Sure everyone makes mistakes, but we also need some self awareness in order to learn from them. It's not just enough to talk the talk where that is concerned. I wish Paris nothing but the best. I can't at all condone her dui, that's for sure-and if she does it again well my compassion for her will go waaay down. I do think her parents continue to make the wrong decisions-of that party story is true that's the absolute wrong decision in my opinion. Humility is needed. I think perhaps her parents have contributed to her overall attitude and poor decisions-but she's 26 now and should realize it and take some control over that.

I don't think she's "ugly" either-there are women I find much more attractive but that's just my personal taste. However her looks have nothing to do with my issues with her. Women can be critical of other women and it has nothing to do with their looks or jealousy.

I caught a little bit of Dr. Drew Pinsky ( :heart: ) yakking on CNN the other night, talking about Paris and other celebs of her ilk in general.

He was talking about about how in this day and age there are people who have that burning need to be famous, and go on reality shows or whatnot, and will just do anything to be famous. He was talking about how people like this have a narcissistic personality, and how society was drawn to watching people like this and then drawing closer if the celeb in question has a downfall ... in some ways a ritualistic sacrifice.

I'm kind of mangling what he said, but hit on the main points. It was really interesting, kind of vaguely about Paris but mainly about celebrity in this day and age in general.

who_fucking_cares.jpg

Really?

financeguy said:

It's almost impossible to have a debate on issues where the moral majority have already decided on the correct opinion to hold.

Bullshit. I could type up citations for a hundred studies now that show that BACs over .05% should be illegal because of the level of impairment. It has nothing to do with morality, it has to do with scientific facts and findings, based on epidemiology and things like impaired driving on closed circuit courses.

:hmm: Here's the latest news ... now once again people are saying Paris is receiving 'special' treatment ... :tsk:

Hilton's Parents Visit, Raise Questions
By RAQUEL MARIA DILLON, Associated Press Writer
5 hours ago

LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton's parents visited their daughter after breezing past others waiting to see loved ones _ an incident that raised new complaints that the heiress is receiving special treatment.

The visit Tuesday came less than a week after Hilton was reassigned to house arrest days after being jailed for violating parole. The 26-year-old socialite and reality TV star was later ordered back to jail.

Alvina Floyd, one visitor to the Twin Towers Correctional Facility, waited more than four hours to visit her fiance. It normally takes two hours, and Floyd, 20, blamed the Hiltons for the delay.

"I have to be at work later," she said. "I can't wait here all day."

Shatani Alverson, 23, said she was hustled out of the jail's visiting room moments after her husband walked in because of the Hiltons. She was told to come back after lunch.

Steve Whitmore, a sheriff's spokesman, said it was routine for high-profile inmates to receive visitors during lunch, a time when the visiting room is normally cleared out and closed.

The visit came shortly after the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors ordered Sheriff Lee Baca to respond by next week to allegations of favoritism for reassigning Hilton to house arrest. At the time, Baca cited an undisclosed medical condition as the reason for making the decision.

Hilton was sent to a medical ward, where sheriff's officials said it costs $1,109.78 a day to house a female inmate compared with $99.64 a day in the general population.

Mary Tiedeman, who regularly visits the jails as a monitor for the ACLU, said the area where Hilton was being housed was usually reserved for high-security inmates or those worse off than Hilton has appeared.

"I don't know what her health issue is, but you have got to have a pretty intense medical or mental health problem to be in that part of the jail," she said.

Meanwhile, the Endeavor talent agency has dropped Hilton from its roster of clients, Michael Donkis, a spokesman for the company, said Tuesday.

"She is no longer a client," he said, declining further comment.

Hilton has been represented by the Beverly Hills-based agency since 2005.

anitram said:
Bullshit. I could type up citations for a hundred studies now that show that BACs over .05% should be illegal because of the level of impairment. It has nothing to do with morality, it has to do with scientific facts and findings, based on epidemiology and things like impaired driving on closed circuit courses.

Please stop using words that I don't know.

The topic of Paris Hilton caused a brief feud between Barbara Walters and her View co-executive producer Bill Geddie on Monday.

At issue: Whether the incarcerated heiress could ever become a cohost on the daytime chatfest.

Speaking together on Walters's SIRIUS Satellite Radio show Barbara Live, the veteran journalist fielded a question from a listener who asked if Hilton would ever be allowed to cohost the show.

"She would certainly always give us something to talk about," said Walters, who earlier on that day's episode of The View had told of her phone conversation with Hilton.

But Geddie was less enthusiastic. "Let me answer that," he said. "No." This prompted Walters to respond, "Let me answer that: Yes."

Geddie insisted his reaction to Hilton was nothing personal. "We've been around her," he said, "and she's perfectly pleasant."

By Wednesday, Walters no longer seemed so keen to sign Hilton on. On Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, Walters was asked if she'd ever try to speak with Hilton again. "I hadn't really thought about it," she said. "I wasn't trying to speak with her [when we did speak]."

Pressed Seacrest, "I would assume that you would be in discussions with her about having that first interview [after she's out of jail]."

"I have not discussed that," replied Walters. "We have not discussed an interview.

By Jeannette Walls
MSNBC
Updated: 2:50 a.m. ET June 14, 2007

Paris Hilton is faking it — her jailhouse remorse, that is.

The behind-bars-heiress has turned repentant in recent days — but her about-face is more about her finances than her conscience, reports OK!.

“Paris finally saw that her spoiled brat behavior and repeated attempts to escape her sentence would turn fans against her, ruining lucrative endorsement deals,” the mag reports.

The damage, however, may be done. Despite her fame, the partying heiress isn’t in demand among charities — a primary way for celebs to redeem their public images.

A source tells OK!: “It’s going to be hard to find an organization that actually wants her.”

The AP (via The San Jose Mecury News) is reporting that Paris Hilton was transferred from the Medical Ward at County back to Lynwood around 11pm last night. Although there's been no comment from the Sheriff's department on the switch as of yet, they have scheduled a press conference for this morning, so stay tuned to X17 as we bring you the latest!

UPDATE: Steve Whitmore, the Sheriff's Department Spokesperson is reporting that Paris has been transferred from the medical ward at County, to the medical ward at Lynwood, which is a "step down" in the level of treatment from County. Paris' condition is stable, but she is still being monitored. No word whether or not she'll spend the rest of her incarceration (scheduled to end on the 25th) in the medical ward, or whether she'll re-enter general population.

Paris Hilton Out of Jail Medical Ward
By Associated Press
1 hour ago

LYNWOOD, Calif. - Paris Hilton has been transferred from a medical ward at a Los Angeles County jail and returned to the all-women's facility where she began her sentence for a probation violation more than a week ago, a sheriff's official said Thursday.

A judge sent Hilton, 26, to the downtown correctional treatment center last week after her brief release to home confinement caused an uproar. The heiress had spent just three days behind bars before sheriff's officials moved for an undisclosed medical condition.

Around 11 p.m. Wednesday, Hilton was returned to the Century Regional Detention Center in Lynwood, the women's prison where she had started out, Lt. Daryl Meeks told The Associated Press.

Meeks would not elaborate where in that facility Hilton was housed. When she began her 45-day sentence on June 3, she was confined to a solitary cell in a special needs unit away from the other 2,200 inmates.

He also would not say why she was moved. At the treatment center, she was to undergo medical and psychiatric exams to determine where she should be held.

The Sheriff's Department called a news conference for Thursday morning.

Hilton's case has caused a firestorm of criticism over whether the celebrity was getting special treatment.

When Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer sentenced Hilton last month, he ruled she would not be allowed any work release, furloughs or use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring in lieu of jail.

The judge gave no explanation Friday of his ruling to send her back to jail but his comments throughout the hearing showed he was affronted by Sheriff Lee Baca's decision to set aside his instructions and release the heiress to do her time in the luxury of her Hollywood Hills home.

Hilton left the courtroom in tears and shouting "It's not right!"

Attorneys who have handled similar cases have said her treatment was neither special or unusual. The Los Angeles County jail system is so overcrowded that thousands of prisoners have been released early, many serving only 10 percent of their sentences for non-violent crimes.

In Hilton's case, though, the sheriff's decision was based on a medical condition.

Baca said he had learned from one of her doctors that she was not taking a certain medication while in custody, and that her "inexplicable deterioration" puzzled county psychiatrists.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has launched an investigation into whether the multimillionaire received special treatment because of her wealth and fame.

The Rev. Al Sharpton also has reacted, saying Hilton's situation exemplified an unfair legal system.

And at least one person has filed a claim against the county alleging she "had serious medical issues" but was treated much worse than Hilton.

Hilton's path to jail began Sept. 7, when she failed a sobriety test after police saw her weaving down a street in her Mercedes-Benz. She pleaded no contest to reckless driving and was sentenced to 36 months' probation.

In the months that followed she was stopped twice by officers who discovered her driving on a suspended license. The second stop landed her in Sauer's courtroom, where he sentenced her to jail.

More Trouble For Paris

Paris Hilton is expected to be released from jail a week from today, but the heiress is not going to be receiving a warm reception from her Hollywood Hills neighbors.

Two of The Simple Life star's neighbors - led by Christopher Hauk and Anne Goursaud - are sick and tired of having her live nearby and everything that entails - constant paparazzi waiting outside, house parties and those annoying helicopters that kept hovering that one day she was sent back to jail.

Now, Christopher and Anne are trying to mobilize their other neighbors, emailing their city councilman and considering hiring a lawyer.

This flyer was found near Paris' house this past weekend.

PICT0258.jpg

http://perezhilton.com/topics/paris_hilton/more_trouble_for_paris_20070618.php

uh blame the media for all that shit, not her

nice that their names, email addresses, and phone numbers are on there. i have a feeling their lives are only gonna become more disturbed now :giggle:

That this thread has 32 pages is the perfect example of everything wrong with this situation to begin with.

If they are really paying her a million dollars for an interview shame on them. But it will get huge ratings, people will watch it. I'd probably watch it out of morbid curiosity.

June 21, 2007 -- LOS ANGELES - NBC has agreed to pay as much as $1 million for Paris Hilton's first after-jail interview, which will appear on the "Today" show, The NY Post has learned.

Sources told The Post the sit-down will be conducted by Meredith Vieira the day after the heir-head is sprung some time next week.

The deal has infuriated ABC executives, the sources said, because they were banking on Hilton's first remarks as a free woman going to Barbara Walters, who has become close with Hilton's mom, Kathy.

ABC was the front-runner until NBC Universal boss Jeff Zucker personally called Hilton's father Rick and made the pitch, the sources said.

Hilton agreed to the interview, but said she'd only speak with Vieira because of "disparaging" remarks her co-host Matt Lauer made about her.

A spokeswoman for NBC did not return a call for comment.

Hilton's spokesman Eliot Mintz said he "can't confirm or deny" the report.

If Hilton's jailhouse fan mail is any indication, the interview will fetch great ratings. She has received almost 5,000 pieces during her three weeks behind bars and she's writing back to her admirers, authorities said yesterday.

Paris Hilton Released From L.A. Jail
By ANDREW DALTON, Associated Press Writer
54 minutes ago

LYNWOOD, Calif. - Paris Hilton left jail Tuesday after a bizarre, three-week stay in which the hotel heiress was briefly released to her Hollywood Hills home, then sent screaming and crying back to a county lockup.

The 26-year-old celebutante walked out of the all-women's jail in Lynwood to an enormous horde of cameras and reporters after midnight. She had checked into the jail, largely avoiding the spotlight, late June 3 after a surprise appearance at the MTV Movie Awards.

Hilton smiled as she left the jail, her blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail. Her parents, Kathy and Rick, met her in a black SUV as cameras snapped pictures and Hilton, wearing a gold blouse with white trim over a white shirt and black slacks, waved to the crowd.

She didn't say anything, and it wasn't immediately clear where she was going.

"She fulfilled her debt. She was obviously in good spirits. She thanked people as she left," said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

Hilton will complete her probation in March 2009 as long as she keeps her driver's license current and doesn't break any laws. She can reduce that time by 12 months if she does community service that could include a public-service announcement, the city attorney's office has said.

Hilton began her 45-day sentence for violating her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. She was mostly confined to a solitary cell in the special needs unit away from the other 2,200 inmates.

She spent only three days there and was released with electronic monitoring by Sheriff Lee Baca for an unspecified medical condition that he later said was psychological. The following day Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer, who sentenced the hotel heiress, called her back into court and ordered her returned to jail, saying he had not condoned her release.

Hilton left the courtroom in tears calling for her mother and shouting, "It's not right!"

She was then taken to the downtown Twin Towers jail, which houses men and the county jail's medical treatment center, where she underwent medical and psychiatric exams to determine where she should be confined.

Hilton's stay there cost taxpayers $1,109.78 a day, more than 10 times the cost of housing inmates in the general population.

The move by Baca caused a firestorm of criticism over whether the celebrity was getting special treatment. The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has launched an investigation into whether the multimillionaire received special treatment because of her wealth and fame.

At least one person has filed a claim against the county alleging she "had serious medical issues" but was treated much worse than Hilton.

A few days into her stint at the Twin Towers medical ward, the heiress revealed in a phone call to Barbara Walters a new outlook on life.

"I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute," Hilton said during the call, according to an account posted June 11 by Walters on ABC's Web site.

"It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me," Hilton was quoted as saying.

Hilton's path to jail began Sept. 7, when she failed a sobriety test after police saw her weaving down a street in her Mercedes-Benz on what she said was a late-night run to a hamburger stand.

She pleaded no contest to reckless driving and was sentenced to 36 months' probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

In the months that followed, she was stopped twice by officers who discovered her driving with a suspended license. The second stop landed her in Sauer's courtroom, where he sentenced her to jail.

Sicy said:
http://x17online.com/celebrities/paris_hilton/paris_stride_of_pride.php

Where did she get those clothes??? Those arent the clothes she was wearing when she went in. :eyebrow:

And look how white she is :ohmy: No fake n bakes in jail :wink:

Maybe her parents were allowed to bring clothes ahead of time and she just couldn't have them until she was released? I usually HATE her style:yuck:, but I frickin' want that little blazer she's wearing *covets*:drool:

And I just sounded a member of Paris' fanclub. Great:|

Actually, I've always wanted to not completely dismiss her, but I just couldn't bring myself to respect someone who's only contribution to society was posing for a camera. If she really has changed like she said she has, than I would probably find myself really liking her. Those words seem foreign.:lol:

MsMofoGone said:
"I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute," Hilton said during the call, according to an account posted June 11 by Walters on ABC's Web site.

"It is not who I am, nor do I want to be that person for the young girls who looked up to me," Hilton was quoted as saying.

I still shake my head at this quote. This tells you all you need to know about Ms. Hilton. :shrug:

BonoManiac said:

I still shake my head at this quote. This tells you all you need to know about Ms. Hilton. :shrug:

Why? To act dumb is smart. The public eats that shit up, and many women have made careers off that. I mean look at Jessica Simpson.

Can't blame them for capitalizing on what the public wants, though it is a sad reflection of society.

Before Paris Hilton was released from Lynwood this morning, her lawyer, Rich Hutton, slipped Harvey Levin a personalized sketch and note from the heiress herself.

The drawing, a self-portrait of Hilton at a pay phone inside the jail, features Paris in her jail issue with an incredibly accurate depiction of our fearless leader hosting "Larry King Live" on television in the background.

Sorry folks, you ain't gonna see this one on eBay.

0626_paris_card_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom