MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #226
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:48 AM
I can name dozens of other female celebs that are drop dead gorgeous. She looks like Skeletor!

Old 06-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #227
Blue Crack Addict

I don't know why anyone is surprised. The criminal justice system works well for petty crimes and certain segments of the population. That's why prisons are full of poor criminals, stupid criminals and a handful of sociopaths. The criminal justice system fails in most other instances and this is a good example of why.

Paris Hilton is stupid, lazy and unattractive, and feels that she is above the law. Which is true - she really is above the law.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
So now Paris is going to do the Martha Stewart route?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #229
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
I can name dozens of other female celebs that are drop dead gorgeous. She looks like Skeletor!
ok, compare paris to the most beautiful celebrities, and yeah she may not be as beautiful, compare her to the 99.999% of the general population, and she's pretty darn good looking.

i wouldnt call her skeletor unless i was freakin marilyn monroe myself. of course i think skeletor is pretty sexy anyway.

so ugly
Old 06-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #230
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
frankly i dont really get all the hate towards her. i know a couple people who've had interactions with her and theyve all said she was really nice. sure she may be spoiled, but thats her parents fault, not hers. if she hasnt done anything bad to you, why all the hate? jealousy is an ugly thing.
I agree with this. The same could be said for Anna Nicole. Fans who met her absolutely loved her.

I generally don't even participate in these celebrity threads but I'm quite shocked by the turnaround of events. I was looking forward to seeing a more mature and humbled Paris come out of jail so that perhaps she could actually be a real person with some empathy and understanding of the less fortunate, with sincere gratitude for her own good fortune in life. I actually tried to put myself in her place and tried to imagine what it would be like to be in jail for (a mere) 23 days, sleeping on a hard bed in a cold room, showering and using a toilet in unpleasant circumstances, and eating prison food. I honestly did. And you know what? I saw myself dreading it like nothing I'd ever dreaded before but rising to the occasion, accepting the effect of the cause I myself had put forth, making the best of it, and returning to my life unembittered and happy to be free and alive.

Sadly, we will not see a Paris who has integrated her experience this way. Now she truly appears to be even more spoiled and childish than I ever thought before. She could have been the Martha Stewart of her generation, who served her much longer sentence with grace and true humility, by most accounts, being of service to others while in prison. Paris just blew it all around and lost any chance of gaining the public's respect, not to mention true self-respect. It's a pity.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #231
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:48 AM
I don't believe that the aggravation with Paris stems from her being "pretty", "ugly", "skanky" or anything to do with her looks...I believe the aggravation....at least on my part, has to do with the assumption that because she is wealthy, and or famous, that she is above the law....and the rules can and should be different for her....I mean seriously....if any of us were in the same situation, it would not matter if we were having a nervous breakdown in jail....it would be tought shit
Old 06-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Paris just blew it all around and lost any chance of gaining the public's respect, not to mention true self-respect. It's a pity.
Paris blew it or the legal system blew it? Are you saying if you had the option to leave jail you wouldn't take it?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #233
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddysgonnapay
I don't believe that the aggravation with Paris stems from her being "pretty", "ugly", "skanky" or anything to do with her looks...I believe the aggravation....at least on my ppart, has to do with the assumption that because whe is wealthy, and or famous, that she is above the law....and the rules can and should be different for her....I mean seriously....if any of us were in the same swituation, it would not matter if we were having a nervous breakdown in jail....it would be tought shit
Yup
Old 06-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #234
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Paris blew it or the legal system blew it? Are you saying if you had the option to leave jail you wouldn't take it?
I'm sure she wasnt just given 'the option'. She most likely manipulated her way out of jail. Famous people are good at that.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #235
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

I'm sure she wasnt just given 'the option'. She most likely manipulated her way out of jail. Famous people are good at that.
Ok if you had a way to get yourself out of jail, you wouldn't take it?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #236
Blue Crack Distributor

I really dislike it when people assume any critique of or snark about a celebrity stems from jealousy. It also makes me roll my eyes really hard.

I mean, jealous of WHAT, exactly? Would I like to be really super wealthy? Sure! That doesn't make me seethe with burning jealousy.

I love pop culture and will readily admit to a perverse pleasure in following celebrity gossip. Some people might think that makes me shallow, but I'm comfortable with the other things I do in my life that balances out the shallow bits.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

I don't know what the implications of jealousy are about - I don't care about her or her life, but alas she's everywhere. This is a total failure of the criminal justice system.

Nothing will change until one of these Paris or Lindsays gets in a car, drunk, and kills and maims a group of kindergarten children. Then everyone will be sufficiently outraged. Until then, who cares. DUI laws are a total joke.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #238
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Ok if you had a way to get yourself out of jail, you wouldn't take it?
Sure, but I betcha a million bucks *I*, a nobody, would not get any kind of option to be able to get out of jail.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #239
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Sure, but I betcha a million bucks *I*, a nobody, would not get any kind of option to be able to get out of jail.
well, in "Paris world" you would have won a get out of jail free card while playing monopoly...
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #240
Blue Crack Distributor

I guess if it comes out that whoever makes these decisions just decided that the original sentence was too harsh for the crime and then reduced her sentence, I could understand that. I mean, I could see that happening to a regular, non-famous person. (Disclaimer: I don't know a ton about these kinds of things.)

But if she got out early because of some questionable "medical condition," then my eyes continue to roll freely.