MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2007, 02:35 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:52 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!

and yet this doesn't surprise me in the least. The power of celebrity over our own laws wins.. everytime..

medical condition my ass!

Old 06-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #197
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:52 PM
I'm sure most people who are put in jail for the first time experience mental issues such as those. I wonder how many who aren't attractive and rich and famous and good at batting their eyelashes get released as a result. Even people with similar offenses.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #198
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I give up on our society and its rules/standards.

I don't wish ill on people. But I do hope for consistency and equality. This is not it. And this is just another story of many. She wouldn't eat the food??? She would if you left her alone for three days... I take that back. Probably too much starch and carbs for her. She probably tried some food and it gave her the shits. That probably scared the shit right out of her.

Nevermind, all these sick and fucked up women like Paris/Nicole never cease to piss me off. I can't believe I wasted a minute of my afternoon even thinking about these people. to me.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

Reverend Al Sharpton, President of National Action Network, and one of the country's foremost leaders for civil rights, is blasting the justice system for what appears to be favoritism in the early release of Paris Hilton.

"Though I have nothing but empathy for Ms. Hilton whom I have met and appeared with on Saturday Night Live the night I hosted in 2003, this early release gives all of the appearances of economic and racial favoritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of color. There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released.

I have served several sentences for civil rights and civil disobedience actions and I even fasted which caused health concerns to prison authorities who paid for a doctor to come see me daily rather than release me. This act smacks of the double standards that many of us raise."
Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #200
Blue Crack Addict

She was distraught and mentally fragile by being confronted with a little thing called "reality".
Old 06-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:52 PM
The whole celebrity justice system is so f***ed up.

Save for my fellow Blue Crackers, California can just fall into the Pacific and all those crazy clubbing coked up folks can live on an island all their own
Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #202
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Reverend Al Sharpton, President of National Action Network, and one of the country's foremost leaders for civil rights, is blasting the justice system for what appears to be favoritism in the early release of Paris Hilton.

"Though I have nothing but empathy for Ms. Hilton whom I have met and appeared with on Saturday Night Live the night I hosted in 2003, this early release gives all of the appearances of economic and racial favoritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of color. There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released.

I have served several sentences for civil rights and civil disobedience actions and I even fasted which caused health concerns to prison authorities who paid for a doctor to come see me daily rather than release me. This act smacks of the double standards that many of us raise."
Spot On
Old 06-07-2007, 03:10 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:52 PM
I had the US judicial system in the highest regard before this incident. How dissapointing.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

I could handle being in prison in this house for 40 days. Sure when you're Paris and used to going out every night it would be tough, but I could think of worse things than that. I believe she still gets to swim and sunbathe, in spite of the paparazzi. Oops, no swimming with the electronic bracelet.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

This is sickening. This whole outcome pisses me off. I had a feeling she was going to get out early, but not this early. It just proves being rich and famous gives you special treatment.

And what's really annoying is that she will be back doing her old shit again, probably get in trouble with the law too, but get off again

And she also won't go away. The media would continue to talk about her as they always have as though nothing happened. She can't be stopped.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #206
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Paris Hilton's medical condition was purely psychological and that she was in peril of having a nervous breakdown, and that's why she was released early this morning.

Psychiatrist Charles Sophy visited Hilton in jail yesterday and the day before. We're told after Sophy's visit yesterday, word was passed to the Sheriff that Hilton's mental state was fragile and she was at risk.

The reason for releasing her had nothing to do with a rash or other physical issues. It was purely in her head.

Last month, on the eve of a trial in which Hilton was accused of slandering socialite Zeta Graph, Dr. Sophy told the judge that Hilton was "emotionally distraught and traumatized" over her jail sentence, which prevented her from participating in a meaningful defense. That trial was put on hold until August.

UPDATE: Law enforcement sources have just told TMZ the County Jail medical team made the final decision to spring Paris based on Dr. Sophy's psychological evaluation. And we're told, Sheriff Lee Baca gave the final approval.
This is such a load of crap. The only disorder that Paris is suffering from is malingering - a condition where you make up fake medical complaints when there is something for you to gain out it - like getting out of jail, disability, payment, etc. The psychiatrist that treated her is a disgrace. How much more obvious does a case of malingering get?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #207
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:52 AM
I just heard on the news on my lunch break that she had some kind of 'rash' all over her body.

I'm sure they have creams for that
Old 06-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #208
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?

I don't wish ill on people. But I do hope for consistency and equality. This is not it.
Agreed.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 06-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #209
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
The whole celebrity justice system is so f***ed up.

Save for my fellow Blue Crackers, California can just fall into the Pacific and all those crazy clubbing coked up folks can live on an island all their own

Just that part!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:52 PM
Sounds good. Auf wiedersehen!