MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daddysgonnapay said:

You have these strong feelings probably because you weren't raised in that atmosphere...who's to say how you would truly act if you had been, because your whole perspective on life would be totally different....this girl has no idea how real people live outside of her "bubble" i mean, remember, she thought walmart was a place that sold walls! So while we like to think we would have our same ideals put in this same situation...we can't truly know how we would act unless we were brought up in the same manner...does that make sense?:huh:
and....chip...you keep saying people in this trhead "hate" Paris...where I do not think people are saying that....

True. I thought of this later. If I were an heiress, I would be a different person with different ideals--but not necessarily her ideals, just not necessarily the ones I have now. So my whole argument is flawed, lol.

But now with this latest development, they're just screwing her around it seems.

I'm ashamed of myself for giving this much attention to yet another celebrity trainwreck. :|

U2ITNOL said:
Paris might be heading back to the slammer...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070608/ap_en_ce/paris_hilton_56

Paris Hilton ordered to return to court

By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent

LOS ANGELES - Hours after Paris Hilton was sent home under house arrest Thursday, the judge who put her in jail ordered her into court to determine whether she should be put back behind bars. Hilton must report to court at 9 a.m. Friday, Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini told The Associated Press.

"My understanding is she will be brought in in a sheriff's vehicle from her home," Parachini said.

Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer issued his order after the city attorney filed a petition late Thursday afternoon questioning if Sheriff Lee Baca should be held in contempt of court for releasing Hilton Thursday morning.

The celebrity inmate was sent home from the L.A. County jail's Lynwood lockup shortly after 2 a.m. for an unspecified medical condition in a stunning reduction to her original 45-day sentence.

She was ordered to finish her 45-day sentence under house arrest, meaning she could not leave her four-bedroom, three-bath home in the Hollywood Hills until next month.

:lmao:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
most average people could get a .08 either thrown out or at the very least dropped down. heck, most average people could get anything below a .11 dropped down to the lesser charge. not just celebrities.

and most people wouldn't go to jail for driving with a suspended liscense.

Guess that's what happens when you take legal advice from your PR people!

Chizip said:

oh come on, if you took off your anti-Paris biased glasses, and she was just a normal person, one of your friends, youd say she was a very good looking person.

Seriously. No. To me she looks like an unconvincing transvestite. :barf:

starsgoblue said:
:lmao: I can name dozens of other female celebs that are drop dead gorgeous. She looks like Skeletor!

i couldnt help but notice that you find Gwen Stefani attractive, but she has the same type of body as Paris. Yet you like Gwen's body but call Paris skeletor, hmmm :hmm:

Chip, regardless if it was "just" the limit...it was breaking the law. AND...she did this on a suspended license. Which is not only illegal, but SO STUPID in the first place when you could easily hire someone to drive you around.

I would say the same thing about my favorite sports player, my family members, or anyone close to me so don't say "Oh, you're just a Paris hater."

That said, I really don't like those types of people who think they are better than everyone else...

And to me Paris is really not attractive either. It's not body type, it IS however her face. Though...I do like a lil' sumthin sumthin on my lady. grrrrrr...

Last edited:
Got Philk? said:
Chip, regardless if it was "just" the limit...it was breaking the law. AND...she did this on a suspended license. Which is not only illegal, but SO STUPID in the first place when you could easily hire someone to drive you around.

wrong. she never drove under the influence with a suspended licsene. youre just a paris hater, spreading paris hatin lies.

It'll be interesting to see if she goes back to jail Friday.
(She's attractive in my book btw.)

Chizip said:

i couldnt help but notice that you find Gwen Stefani attractive, but she has the same type of body as Paris. Yet you like Gwen's body but call Paris skeletor, hmmm :hmm:

When and where did I say that? :huh: I like Gwen because of her style and spunk. If you want to compare her to Paris I think that'd be an insult. Paris' face just looks "dead" to me...she has no emotion in her eyes, it freaks me out.

And regardless, why is my opinion that important?

Last edited:
I think she's a bit thin now compared to several years ago. But as I said, it's her style that made me even bother to type in that resonse two years ago. You'd notice she was much different than the others named....IF you were going on body type alone. Which I wasn't when I resposed to that AND when I called Paris what I did.

Enough.

"Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer issued his order after the city attorney filed a petition late Thursday afternoon questioning if Sheriff Lee Baca should be held in contempt of court for releasing Hilton Thursday morning."

Now this, i am looking forward to.

Civil rights activist Al Sharpton says Paris Hilton got out of jail because she was rich and white. I totally agree.

AL SHARPTON: "If she was a coal-miner's daughter, she would have been treated differently. And if she was a black multimillionaire, platinum hip-hop star, she would have been treated differently. And there have been cases of both of them being treated much more harshly than Ms Hilton has been."

Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer Dana Cole called Hilton's release "outrageous," adding that Paris would have gone to the hospital if there were a true medical emergency.

"Many of my clients had all sorts of medical problems and never got out of jail," Cole said. "One client [had] a grotesque staph infection that was eating away at his leg -- this is common in jail. I tried desperately but could not get him out of jail."

Not to mention that i heard many women in Australian jails also experiencing mental breakdowns and even combating Cancer and STILL had to serve out their full terms.

"I'm going to file Paris motions for all my clients," he quipped. "I didn't know it was this easy."

a friend of mine got a second DUI... part of his punishment was that he had to serve 20 days in county jail. he's serving it on weekends only, to allow him to continue to be employed during the week, and is kept in solitary, away from the general jail population. he went in friday night, left sunday evening. they let him stop after 5 weekends for "good behavior."

he's just a random schmuck. he's not a celebrity, he's not wealthy. just a regular, random middle class guy in his mid 20s.

so where these celebrity benefits that paris hilton got are, i really don't know.

Lila64 said:
Jon Stewart made a comment about her this evening...

The Shawskank Redemption

:lmao:

Honestly? Rather than any sort of jail sentence, I'd much rather see her get a lot of community service. House arrest isn't going to really be much punishment, and I'm almost always in favor of non-violent offenders doing community service for part or all of their sentence, because it has the potential to make the most difference.

Too bad prom season is over; they could've had her serve as the driver in those mock DUI accidents they always do at that time of year, then have her talk to students. Like it or not, she's become a sort of role model; it would be nice to see her act like one.

George Clooney thinks she's talentless. He must be jealous too.

'You can only get so far without any discernible talent. And then you either work, or use cheap publicity tricks to keep the public's attention,' the 46-year-old tells the Daily Star.

'You are in no position to complain if, like Paris, you are on the receiving end of bad publicity…'

0608_paris_car_cry_inf.jpg

I love it!
She was taken from the courtroom screaming and crying. Paris now has to serve the full 45 days in jail for violating probation.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel sorry for her. Yes, I thought it was ridiculous for her to be released so early, and I think she does deserve punishment...but that seriously has to be upsetting to be released like that and then be made to go back. I think it's rotten that they jerked her around like that.

On a sidenote...this is considered "breaking news" at CNN. I don't know if that's sad or funny. :shrug: :laugh: :sigh:

As much as I am glad that she is going back to jail, I felt kind of bad that she was screaming and crying. Guess handling reality doesn't come easy for her

Back
Top Bottom