MERGED-->Panic! at the Disco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they're too overrated among high schoolers

They're cool because they're not popular

but everyone likes them, so it makes them popular, friggin' idiots.

i think they were better when no one had heard of them
but now their songs get played ALL the time and im really bored of them
i like brendon the singer though (purely down to his looks), and me and my friend met the guitarist ryan when they were supporting the academy is.

VertigoGal said:
I hang with the emos (condolences appreciated)...while this isn't the worst group comparatively, I can't say I'm a fan. :shifty:

:lol: same here. emos scare me!

I used to like them way back when no one had heard of them (and went to see them and met the guitarist ryan) but now they get played all the time and the more i hear their music the more i think 'christ this is shit!'

Total U2 Nut said:
I have the album, but to be honest alot of the songs sound the same, some of them are alright though. They're better than some of the stuff that's around at the moment.

Finally someone that agrees with me. My friend brought there album in my car and I was like, first off they sound like Fall out Boy and all their songs sound the same. He kept on playing it over the weekend. So I said take it the fuck out of my CD player.

He did and so I put in U2 "HTDAAB" and he said U2 sucks and that they are gayest band ever and how Panic! of the Disco is 10 times better!!! :mad: So I dropped him off at the train and said you can take the train home now.

Justin24 said:

He did and so I put in U2 "HTDAAB" and he said U2 sucks and that they are gayest band ever and how Panic! of the Disco is 10 times better!!! :mad: So I dropped him off at the train and said you can take the train home now.

:up:
ive had the exact same argument with my friends thousands of times.

partygirlvox said:
i think they were better when no one had heard of them
but now their songs get played ALL the time and im really bored of them
i like brendon the singer though (purely down to his looks), and me and my friend met the guitarist ryan when they were supporting the academy is.

Yeah.
"lying is the most fun...."
is reallyreally over played.

Brendon is abit of alright :wink:

I caught his bottle of water :lol:

I never get this.
Why, when bands get popular, theyre automatically crap.
That was the same with my chemical romance aswell.

I know, they apparantley get "too big for their boots"

One of those things suppose :lol:

People should get over the whole mainstream thing.

Because all bands are out to make it big.
Really they are.

yeh i suppose your right
mcr were the same - i loved them right up until they made it big
i think its less to do with the actual band and more to do with the fans. i dont want to be labelled as one of these 'scene emo' people, because i like the music for the music and not the image that comes with it.
sometimes though the bands sell out..greenday did it, fallout boy did it..panic! will do it soon.
thank god u2 havent!
(and och aye brendon is more than a bit of alright :drool: )

partygirlvox said:
yeh i suppose your right
mcr were the same - i loved them right up until they made it big
i think its less to do with the actual band and more to do with the fans. i dont want to be labelled as one of these 'scene emo' people, because i like the music for the music and not the image that comes with it.
sometimes though the bands sell out..greenday did it, fallout boy did it..panic! will do it soon.
thank god u2 havent!
(and och aye brendon is more than a bit of alright :drool: )

Yeah Green Day did it :|

Now most people hate them
Apart from those kids who rushed out to buy american idiot.

with their stripey gloves with no fingers in them :lol:

If Panic! sell out soon then thats their call.
I dont think I'd go off the music.

Even though i went off green day.
& never liked fall out boy
(even though panic! sound the same :huh: )

Brendon :drool:
So much more hotter in the flesh than on camera.

:lol:
I'm talking up emo

& listening to the pixies lol.

the pixies are cool lol,
yeh brendon looks kinda stupid in pictures..
but he has a hot voice!
no i never liked fallout boy like i liked panic! (if that made any sense..)
and greenday are total sellouts, not just their music sold out but the band did too.
haha everyone has those stripey fingerless gloves..i refuse to buy a pair!

Re: Re: My thoughts

inmyplace13 said:

So you're saying they suck?

No i'm not saying they suck neccessarily. They just don't have a distinct sound like U2 does. How many other groups can you say sounds like U2.

A bunch of my friends got tickets to their show and i'm not sure if I would want to go with them. I would rather see an older group (U2 of course) but I may see INXS.

I was really into this CD when I first bought it back in March. I listened to it for a few days, then added it to the shelf. I went back to listen to it again the other day and was terribly bored. I have a hunch I'll be selling this one on eBay. They've got an interesting sound, but their lyrics are too easy in a lot of places, and I don't think it's an album that will have much staying power.

Who knows--I'd be happy to see them improve and stick around. I'd still probably see them if I had the chance. If I go to Lollapalooza in August, I'll definitely check them out there.

:angry:...................................................................................:mad:

i hate them sooooooo much!!!!:drool:

that video with the wedding and the guy like puts his finger up and blocks the 'swear' that just took a piss out of life!!

this is why i DON'T watch mtv!!!:happy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom