MERGED ----> Ohio State vs. Michigan. Is there a better rivalry? + Go Blue!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ME3

Refugee
Ohio State vs. Michigan. Is there a better college football rivalry?

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A Columbus judge says he'll let an inmate stay in jail instead of moving him to prison right away so he can see the Ohio State-Michigan game on TV this Saturday.

Jeff Renne told Franklin County Common Pleas Judge Richard Sheward yesterday that he would plead guilty as long as he could stay in the county jail through the weekend. Inmates at the jail can watch TV, but it's off-limits at the Orient reception center, where they are held before they're moved to one of the state's prisons.

Renne was charged with forgery. He says if the Buckeyes win on Saturday, he'll still be "on cloud nine" despite being in prison.

Judge Sheward says he granted Renne's request because it's Michigan week and he thought he should do his part for the Buckeyes.

AN01_CoinToss2_m.jpg

all others take a back seat

Army vs. Bush? :wink:

I would agree, though...ARMY v. NAVY is tops.

There are some others that rank higher than Michigan v. THE Ohio State

Alabama v. Auburn is a perfect example. EVERYONE in Alabama falls into one of the two categories - An Auburn fan or an Bama fan.

OSU v Michigan is the biggest of them all, mostly because both teams are almost always good. Can Navy-Army or Bama-Auburn say that?

harvard-yale is another one...

army-navy gets high ratings, is always talked about, and is always a huge game despite the fact that the teams are usually not very good. army-navy is deffinetly tops in college football IMO...

the greatest rivalry, IMO, in all of sports is also in college... that little rivalry between two schools seperated by 8 miles and 2 shades of blue...

s_smith.jpg
mike_krzyzewski_a.jpg

SmithCenter.JPG

500thwin.jpg

photo-michael_jordan-1983.jpg
laettner.jpg

nclogo02sl-1.jpg
dukelogo02sl-1.jpg

I think the greatest rivalry in all of sports was on national display in October...Red Sox/Yanks.
For college football, OSU-Mich is certainly near the top. Army-Navy is a bigger rivalry, but the quality of the football has been poor in recent decades, so many people don't think of that rivalry as much as they did yrs ago (And this year Navy is gonna blow Army's doors off).
Other big rivalries:
Auburn/Bama
Texas/Oklahoma
Harvard/Yale ("The Game")

20-30 yrs ago Oklahoma/Nebraska or USC/UCLA might have had a legit claim as the biggest rivalry.
But I think if you ask someone in any region which is the biggest rivalry, they will choose the one from their particular region.

All of these are great rivalries. My favorite would be Duke-North Carolina, with Oklahoma/Texas football coming in second. I'm also a Michigan fan, so I'm fired up for this weekend. Go Blue!

red sox-yanks is deffinetly a great rivalry... and it's at or near the top... but i still have to put duke-carolina first... the reason being... well... let's just come out with it... red sox vs. yankees has been a rediculously one sided rivalry. the yankees always win :shrug:

Last edited:
Re: "Go Blue, Beat OSU!"

gherman said:
M-GO-BLUE!!!

Who wants to start the bets?

You're on! OSU 24 UM 17 in OT

We don't gaive damn about the whole state of Michigan
The whole state of Michigan
The whole state of Michigan

We're from Ohio

We're from Ohio

O-H!

We're from Ohio

I-O!

We're from OHIO!

when a team has lost only 1 game in 2 years... it goes beyond just pure shit luck. yes, they have been very lucky in their run... that flag in the endzone against miami besides the point. but if they weren't good enough to put themselves IN the position to get lucky, then all the shit luck in the world wouldn't even matter.

The Buckeyes wil win the game because of Defense, Special Teams, Field Position and Tressel outcoaching Carr.

:bow: Coach Tressel

The fact is that Michigan can beat anybody when they don't play down to the other teams level. Like they did when they played Iowa and Oregon. That shit still pisses me off. If anything they need to fire Carr. If we would have just won one of those games we would be no. 2 after we kick the living shit out of Ohio St.

Oklahoma is an excelent team but you have to wonder about the competition their up against when every game is a blowout. We could dominate those fuckers!!!

gherman said:
If we would have just won one of those games we would be no. 2 after we kick the living shit out of Ohio St.

Yeah, and IF my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle.

chizzer, i hate to think it let alone say it, but you may be correct. i am getting a little nervous watching gameday. 3 in a row over michigan is going to be tough, especially with the third being played in ann arbor. it's either going to be michigan big or ohio state in a close one. nevertheless, this is why college athletics is the best.

late.

go bucks!

Last edited:
well i never would have thought ohio st would have beaten miami last year, so anything can happen

good luck

U2ME3 said:
it's either going to be michigan big or ohio state in a close one.

Looks like it's going to be the first. Michigan is rolling! They look great!

21-7

OSU needed that. Don't think they can score enough points though to pull out victory.

regardless of the outcome of this game, osu has shown the heart of a true champion!

Back
Top Bottom