MERGED-->Official GRAMMY's thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Official GRAMMY's thread

that...

I'm rooting for U2 (of course) and GREEN DAY... amazing record

:rockon:

Franz Ferdinand disappointed me... playing with Black Eyed Peas, Eve... what?! a shame

I thought Franz Ferdinand were great. Too bad they only got to perform part of their song. :|

I also enjoyed Green Day, Alicia Keyes and Jamie Foxx, Melissa Etheridge and Joss Stone and U2 of course. And Prince and Ray Charles both beat Usher! Take that Usher!

Oh, and I now hate Gwen Stefani. I used to think she was sort of cool, but she completely grates on me now. That song she did with Eve where she was ripping off If I Were A Rich Man from Fiddler on the Roof was one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

Last edited:
A lot of great performances. Melissa Etheridge rocked, Alicia Keys and Jamie Foxx were incredible, I loved Green Day, Loretta Lynn & Jack White were hysterical. J-Lo & Marc Anthony's thing, however, was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. I laughed outloud.

what an awful show.

a pompous display of over-rated mainstream bands that feel like giving themselves a pat on the back.

and it keeps getting worse every year.

cool to see franz ferdinand though. they're good times. :up:

I seriously think Alicia Keyes had never listened to 'Across the Universe' before in her life.

I was talking on the phone during that. I have to go back and watch it.

it's always funny when today's big "artists" talk about their influences. they don't have influences.

I just found out Wilco won best alternative album. I mean, who cares, the awards are so stupid, but it's still good for them. :)

joyfulgirl said:
I just found out Wilco won best alternative album. I mean, who cares, the awards are so stupid, but it's still good for them. :)

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel when U2 wins a grammy.

i'm so glad i missed the across the universe thing. i came out into the living room and said "why the hell is bono singing that song?" my sister said a hell of a lot of people were singing it...so i left.

i will say i enjoyed the lynard skynard thing. and tim mcgraw's performance....

My rather long grammy's review

The Grammy's aren't live so I knew who won before it was broadcasted in North America. :p Last year was a good year 'cause most of the bands that were nominated were artists who I've purchased CD's by. Even though my some of my favorite artists lost in some categories, I was happy for those who did win 'cause they were also my favorites. Green Day and VR impressed me last year with their albums :)

1. The intro was awesome. I wished they had given more time to Gwen Stefani even though she was a bit off key.

2. I liked Queen Latifa's dress. She looked good for her weight. Her hosting abilities were weak.

3. Jamie Fox as Ray Charles was creepy 'cause he looked dead on like Ray Charles. It sent a few shivers down my spine when he performed with Alicia Keys.

4. Everyone knows my personal connection with the U2 song "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own." I've talked about it a lot here in my LJ :p U2 delivered that song well. Bono's vocals were suspiciously perfect especially considering how his vocals are noticeably declining. I wouldn't be surprised if Bono used backing tracks. When Bono sang the lyrics: You don't have to put up a fight, you don't always have to be right. Let me take some of the punches for you tonight , I cried inside. Those lyrics and more were all the things that I've wanted to say to my dad. For the record, when I first heard the song on SNL, I didn't know that Bono had written it for his dad. The lyrics just struck a chord with me and reminded me of my dad. I wanted to tear up when Bono said, "No Regrets Good-bye" and I'm pretty sure behind those maroon sun glasses, Bono was trying not to cry himself.

4. Penelope Cruz (sp?) delivering the words "American Idiot" was kinda cute :p I'm glad that Green Day won best rock album for American Idiot. Green Day has definitely grown up and it shows on this album and during their acceptance speech.

5. J-Lo and Marc Anthony's performance was awesome. Even though I couldn't understand the lyrics, the vocals sounded beautiful. The acting was interesting and I really liked the set dec.

6. Ellen looked really cute in her Iggy Pop t-shirt.

7. Saying the word "trippy" during your Grammy acceptance speech is just lame. No worries folks, I doubt we'll be hearing from Maroon 5 next year.

8. Green Day's performance was fun! I can't believe they got away with singing the words fagot Americans." Where was the 7 second delay on that one? :p Green Day had some pretty fancy pyrotechnics! A punk band with pyrotechnics, how cool is that :p

10. Melissa Ethridge's hair shocked me. She had such nice long beautiful hair. Joss Stone is an awesome singer. I was bored with the performance but appreciated the singing.

11. I had no idea that Jack White and Loretta Lynn (sp?) did a country album together. I just though that Loretta Lynn robbed the cradle and took Jack White as her date to the Grammy's! You learn something new every day.

12. I was bored with John Mayer's performance so I just gave Josh a blow job.

13. U2's acceptance speech touched me. I hope that the Edge's daughter gets well soon 'cause cancer sucks, I should know. I believed Larry Mullen's apology and it takes a man to apologize in front of respectable/espected people. Musicians sometimes don't own up to their mistakes or feel the need to apologize. U2 fans were hurt and disappointed and it was noble of the band to sincerely recognize that. Larry Mullen had sexy greaser hair like in the "Outsiders."

14. "Nothings Going to Change My World" is one of my favorite Beatles songs. It was nice to see Velvet Revolver sharing the stage with Bono and other musicians. The array of vocals surprisingly blended in nicely. Scott Weiland sounded a lot like David Bowie, so much so that it freaked me out a little. I know Scott Weiland is the biggest David Bowie fan (bigger than I) but to sound like Bowie is another thing.

Re: My rather long grammy's review

isabelle_guns said:
I just though that Loretta Lynn robbed the cradle and took Jack White as her date to the Grammy's!

:laugh: That would have been cool!

I need to see Slash and Bono at the same place and same time sounds weird, I doubt the event really occured:wink:

I thought the Joplin tribute was very good. Would have liked to have seen a damn Led Zeppelin tribute - surely the producers could have fenagled that.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Melissa Etheridge just finished with Chemo so she does not have hair. She looked healthy and great. I hope she has beaten the breast cancer.

Oh, I was just getting ready to ask about that, I'd heard she'd been sick :( I was wondering if that was it or if she had done it for a fashion statement. I hope she'll be cured soon!

The guy on my late news must not have known this, he made a rude joke : "who'd have ever guessed Usher would have more hair on his head than Melissa Etheridge":|

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Melissa Etheridge just finished with Chemo so she does not have hair. She looked healthy and great. I hope she has beaten the breast cancer.

I know, I hope I didn't sound like an ass for that just mentioning how much I missed her long beautiful hair and that I was just shocked. Cancer sucks.

Back
Top Bottom