MERGED-->Official GRAMMY's thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
deep said:
John Maher is just so gawd awful bad.

sounds like you found the antidote.

i think that was the part where i started yelling "aaack no! turn the tv off!! quick!!! mute button now!!" or something.

i can't stress how lame the grammys are.

remember when u2 knew that, and didn't show up? good times.

Zoomerang96 said:
i can't stress how lame the grammys are.

remember when u2 knew that, and didn't show up? good times.

You mean before their ultimate greed, sellout, mainstream album The Joshua Tree?

deep said:
well,

at least they found the "weakest link"
in the entire recording industry

I was glad that a guy who writes, sings and plays his own songs won a Grammy. I'll put John Mayer up to anyone on the radio at the moment, which isn't saying much.

Everyone loves Ray Charles, but why give an award for rehash.

Gwen Stefani used to be bearable with her talented band No Doubt but after that hip hop fiddler on the roof tune I can now say she really, really sucks. That is such a cheap bogus way to get a hit.

U2- love them but Bono was definitely not on his game, Edge had way too much of the strings effect on his guitar and overall, I just don't think "Sometimes" is one of their better songs.

Green Day- Boy are they going to get a load of shit from their fans. They behaved like rock stars last night, hugging their agents, singing hippy songs in a singalong, using pyrotechnics,
being extremely well behaved and spewing out lamely ironic catch phrases like "rock n roll can be dangerous and fun at the same time"

J-Lo should be angry that her husband sang on key because it made her sound really bad.

Alicia Keys- I'm not a big fan but she has talent and sounded good.

Jamie Foxx- That actor sang better than most of the singers up there

I didn't see the rest except the end of the Beatles song where they changed John Lennon's words. That's a no- no in my book.

Oh Yeah I forgot Franz Ferdinand- the hot new Scottish alt pop messiahs. Can't say I was very impressed but I'll keep an open mind if noone else steps up and becomes great.

I just read that last nights show was the second lowest rated Grammy's ever in terms of viewers.

Sounds about right.

Elvis Presley said:
Grammys were on?

Oh

Yeah, that's pretty much my take on 'em too. I don't think I've watched an award show of any kind in well over a decade.... :huh:

u2popmofo said:
I just read that last nights show was the second lowest rated Grammy's ever in terms of viewers.

Sounds about right.

I agree with Bono, it was one of the best ever. It must have been the slow start that turned people off. I heard some say they gave up on it because it was so boring to begin with. The good stuff came later. Anyone who didn't see U2 or Green Day perform truly missed something. And Across the Universe was classic, a mini Live Aid. Too bad for those who didn't stick around.

no, i didn't miss anything by not seeing green day.

what the hell's up with all this green day love anyway? so they write an album that's somewhat "bold" by taking an "unconventional" stance against american policies.

WHO CARES?!?!

that doesn't change the fact that they're as boring as just about any of the other lame bands that were at the show.

mr brau, thanks again for your ever-so-timely snide remark, but you know damn well i was talking about u2 prior to 2000.

Zoomerang96 said:

WHO CARES?!?!

i seem to have failed. i was under the impression that i made it abundantly clear that i do not give a fuck about new green day.

:wink:

i'm off to listen to that one album with the long-ass title. or "at the library" cos i apparently never ripped the rest of the cd to my computer, and can't find it.

Zoomerang96 said:
mr brau, thanks again for your ever-so-timely snide remark, but you know damn well i was talking about u2 prior to 2000.

That was the point MrBrau was making, U2 did not start appearing at the Grammys in 2000.

U2 also appeared at the Grammys when they won for Zooropa, and (probably) also when Daniel Lanois won for Achtung Baby.

No one even mentioned the stellar singing performance of Queen Latifah....

Everybody now: U....N......I......T.......Y.........:lol:

drhark said:

I was glad that a guy who writes, sings and plays his own songs won a Grammy. I'll put John Mayer up to anyone on the radio at the moment, which isn't saying much.

you have a right to your opinion

i think the guy sucks, big time

and still say isabelle_guns has found the best way to get the bad taste out of one's mouth his music? always leaves

Back
Top Bottom