MERGED-->Now, don't you wish you'd put money on Ben and J.lo+"Bennifer" Has Broken Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AvsGirl41

New Yorker
Now, don't you wish you'd put money on Ben and J.Lo?

From People Magazine:

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez, who just days ago were planning their weekend wedding, have split up, sources close to the couple tell PEOPLE.
The break-up comes in the wake of their decision Wednesday to postpone their Sunday wedding in Montecito, Calif., before as many as 400 guests. The couple blamed the delay on excessive media attention surrounding the event, but reports persisted that Affleck was having second thoughts about the nuptials. A PEOPLE source says it was Affleck who initiated the split.

While it was unclear whether the separation was permanent, Lopez was "devastated," according to one friend. The star was in tears, sources said, on Wednesday as she called guests telling them of the wedding's postponement.

Lopez, accompanied by friends and a bodyguard, went for a very public jog and swim -- at one point changing into a bathing suit behind a phalanx of towel-bearing guards -- Saturday afternoon along Miami's South Beach, not far from her 11-bedroom house in Miami Beach, where she flew solo on Friday from Los Angeles. Affleck was believed to still be in Los Angeles, though some reports had him heading to Las Vegas for tonight's Shane Mosely-Oscar De La Hoya fight.

The split caps a tumultuous summer for the couple, whose romance became public in July 2002 just days after she divorced Cris Judd. They have endured brutal reviews for their performances in the film "Gigli," while tabloid reports have accused Affleck of misbehaving with strippers during a late-night visit to a Vancouver nightclub (reports he vehemently denied). Lopez publicly stuck by her fiancee ("for me, it wasn't an issue," she told W magazine), and plans continued apace for their wedding -- his first, her third.

Ken Sunshine, Affleck's spokesman, said he had no knowledge of a split. Lopez' spokesman Dan Klores said he believed the couple was still together, but had not spoken to Lopez in several days.

During their time together, the pair -- who met on the set of "Gigli" -- generated worldwide attention, costarring in a sexy music video for her song "Jenny from the Block" and purchasing each other extravagant gifts, including a Rolls-Royce, a Harry Winston bracelet of white and yellow diamonds and 6.1 carat pink diamond solitaire Affleck gave Lopez as an engagement ring. Nevertheless, they thought of themselves as working-class kids -- she from the Bronx, he from Boston -- who shared similar values. As a teetotaler, Lopez was also seen as healthy for Affleck, who is a recovering alcoholic.

The couple will be together again -- at least on screen. Their second costarring vehicle, "Jersey Girl," is set for release next year

now....would someone explain to me how spending millions of dollars on expensive pieces of jewelry and cars that middle class suburban families can only dream of owning, are working-class values?? because i had a different idea....it involves, uh...working?

exactly iwb. i still don't understand why ben affleck even has a career, as he rarely makes a good movie.

i'm only surprised because this is the first time she's ever been dumped, at least while she's been famous. she initiated the divorce of her previous two marriages, and also dumped puff daddy - who will never be p. diddy to me.

Asslick doesn't make good movies cos he cant act for shit. Ah well, she'll hook up with some other dope to feed her relationship addiction and thus keep herself in the public eye.

Everyone wins.

asslick? :lol:

once i treid to convince my brother that puff daddy had changed his name yet again, this time to the diddy of p.

"Bennifer" Has Broken Up

Such a sad sad moment in our nation's history :sad::sad::sad:

Hollywood celebrity couple Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez have split up, at least temporarily, after postponing their wedding over a media frenzy, People magazine reported on Sunday.

The magazine's Web site quoted unidentified sources as saying Affleck decided he wanted out of the relationship, but it was not certain if the break-up will be permanent.

Representatives for the pair could not be reached for comment. People magazine reported that the representatives said they had no knowledge of the break-up.

The pair, who reportedly planned to wed on Sunday at an estate in the hills near Santa Barbara, California, said in a joint statement last Wednesday that they had postponed the nuptials because of unwanted publicity.

Lopez, 33, and Affleck, 31, are currently America's hottest celebrity couple, but doubts were cast over their engagement when stories surfaced in tabloids and magazines last month about Affleck visiting a strip club without Lopez in July. Lopez publicly shrugged off Affleck's night out.

The couple also suffered bad publicity when their first movie together, "Gigli," was panned by critics and flopped at the box office in the summer.

People magazine is owned by AOL Time Warner, the parent company of CNN

i wasn't surprised either...i mean, the two never seemed right as a couple from the beginning, at least to me, i didn't think that j-lo would be Ben Afleck's type and vise versa, but what do i know. :shrug: i was actually more surprised to hear that they were a couple and getting married than i was to hear that they broke up

You know, I believe I would be missing nothing in my life if I'd never heard of these two. I in no way benefit from their ridiculous relationship nor the ridiculous botched wedding nor the ridiculous break up. It must be a slow news day.

The only benefit I see is Ben going back to Gwyneth (Yoko) Paltrow, which essentially frees up Chris Martin and then Coldplay will once again be able to play Green Eyes live. Other than that, who gives a shit.

Back
Top Bottom