MERGED: Nooooo! + Jerry Orbach has died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Nooooo!

Jerry Orbach dead at 69
Actor best known for 'Law & Order'

Wednesday, December 29, 2004 Posted: 10:39 AM EST (1539 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- "Law & Order" star Jerry Orbach has died of prostate cancer at 69, a representative of the show said Wednesday.

Orbach died Tuesday night in Manhattan after several weeks of treatment, Audrey Davis of the public relations agency Lippin Group said.

When his illness was diagnosed, he had begun production on NBC's upcoming spinoff "Law & Order: Trial By Jury," after 12 seasons playing Detective Lennie Briscoe in the original series. His return to the new show had been expected early next year.

On Broadway, the Bronx-born Orbach starred in hit musicals including "Carnival," "Promises, Promises" (for which he won a Tony Award), "Chicago" and "42nd Street."

Among his film appearances were roles in "Dirty Dancing," "Prince of the City" and "Crimes and Misdemeanors."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/29/obit.orbach.ap/index.html

He was also the voice of Lumiere in Beauty and the Beast.

And he was Baby's dad in Dirty Dancing, one of my favorite movies EVER.

:(

Awful news.
I'd seen something about him recently that hinted he was doing well and would be back working soon. What a shame.

I feel more sadder than I expected to be

RIP
:(

:sad:

my favourite law and order character. i was so looking forward to the new series.

at least it seems that he lived a full life, right up to the end.

I've been a L&O fan from the start and although some characters never really grew on me, Lenny Briscoe was easily the one that I cared most about. Jerry Orbach was a consumate performer and can never be replaced. I hope Dick Wolf does a proper send-off for old Lenny.... :sad:

Back
Top Bottom