MERGED-->Nina Simone R I P..In Memory Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
In Memory of Nina Simone...

Jazz Great Nina Simone Dies at 70

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY

NEW YORK - Nina Simone, the jazz great whose rapsy, forceful voice helped define the civil rights movement, died Monday at her home in France, according to her U.S. booking agent. She was 70.

Though she remained a top concert draw in her later years, she was quite frail.

Eric Hanson, an agent with her U.S. booking agency Ted Kurland Associates, confirmed the death to The Associated Press.

At a 2001 concert at Carnegie Hall, she had to be helped to the stage, and was later seen sitting backstage in a wheelchair.

Simone spent much of her recent time in France.

She was survived by a daughter, Lisa, according to her personal manager, Clifton Henderson.

How sad. I hope I'm not the only one who knows who she is. What a great musician she was.

Melon

Nina Simone is amazing... I guess we all have to go someday, but 70? still too young in my books.

:(

I just heard them play "My Baby Don't Care For Me" on the radio. I have have been listening to my tape of her singing "Fine and Mellow".
RIP Ms Simone

I know Daniel Johns ( from silverchair loves her) .I have mentioned before I like it when bands/musicians program RAGE, my fave music vid TV show. They choose songs that have meaning to them or have influenced them. Nina Simone is frequently chosen.
another star in the evening sky.........

Nina Simone R I P

B00004RIMQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Many of you don't know who she was.

She was in a class of her own.

edit

i just saw melon's thread in LS.

Last edited:
Re: In Memory of Nina Simone...

melon said:
How sad. I hope I'm not the only one who knows who she is. What a great musician she was.

Yep, very sad indeed.

I just saw this!! :(

She is probably my favorite source of jazz music...so much spunk and life!! I hope she at least is one of those "not appreciated in her own time" figures...she deserves SO much recognition

She could have been huge if she had sold out a la diana krall but she chose to maintain complete artistic control

RIP

Back
Top Bottom