MERGED --> Nicole Richie Collapes at Nightclub + Nicole Richie headed to jail - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:44 AM
It was Nicole Richie, take two, on Friday morning: Labeling her a former "out-of-control party girl," Diane Sawyer asked how the socialite intends to transform herself into – in Richie's words – "a very healthy and respectable" mother.

One of Sawyer's main concerns, the ABC anchor said on Friday's part two of her Good Morning America interview with Richie (more from the Q&A will air on Friday's 20/20), was whether the formerly ultra-thin Simple Life star is finally eating – and not endangering the baby she's carrying.

"Do I eat is kind of an understatement," said Richie, who is four months pregnant. "I eat all the time, especially now. I'm constantly hungry. I'm eating at least every hour."

Sounding neither defensive nor particularly alarmed, Richie, 25, said, "Just like any mother, you know, you want to take the best care of yourself, especially when pregnant. And I'm definitely eating healthier now, and I'm really playing by the rules."

By that, Richie said, "I do not drink caffeine at all, cut out sushi" – and, in response to questions from Sawyer, who had also mentioned Richie's cocaine and heroin use – "No alcohol ... No marijuana ... No pills ... Nothing ... No smoking around me."

Richie's boyfriend and father of her child, Good Charlotte rocker Joel Madden, at that point told Sawyer that he had "a tough week" giving up his pack-and-a-half-a-day cigarette habit.

Richie also said, "I'm totally okay" with gaining 40 or 50 lbs. during her pregnancy if "that is what my body needs to do."

Earlier in the interview, Sawyer had confronted Richie with photos that displayed the socialite's skeletal frame, and asked if Richie felt any responsibility for the impression such images might make on little girls in regard to body image.

"I'm really sorry for not accepting that earlier," Richie replied. "It took me a while." As for what Richie sees when she looks at those photos, she said, "I see a girl that is obviously going through something and is much too skinny."

Asked point blank if she has an eating disorder, Richie said, "No, I do not have an eating disorder. I've never had an eating disorder. Ever. ... It's anxiety. It's stress. It's just not being careful."

Was it drug-related? "I think it possibly could have been," said Richie.

Richie also acknowledged Sawyer's observation that the socialite looked close to death, but Richie says she was not.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #77
Blue Crack Distributor

40-50 lbs would make her look healthy.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:44 AM
Nicole's looking good! She looks way bigger than she did last week.

http://www.eonline.com/photogallery/...d=fd-bspot-pic
Old 08-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #79
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:44 AM
I think everyone agrees she looked far better when she first came into the public eye, around the debut of The Simple Life.

You know, back when you couldn't see her bones sticking out.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #80
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

She's already looking much better imo.

http://x17online.com/celebrities/nic..._bump.php#more
Old 08-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #81
New Yorker

I LOVE her shoes in those pics! ^
Old 08-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #82
Refugee

Local Time: 03:44 AM
Well, she couldn't look much worse than she did... unless she was dead.

Hopefully this pregnancy will help her gain the weight she needs. But i wouldn't be surprised if she's back to her boney ways as soon as the kid is born.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #83
Refugee

Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddysgonnapay
I LOVE her shoes in those pics! ^
LOL. It looks like she's been raiding Mary-Kate Olson's shoe closet!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #84
New Yorker

Old 08-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #85
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv

LOL. It looks like she's been raiding Mary-Kate Olson's shoe closet!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:19 AM   #86
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
It was Nicole Richie, take two, on Friday morning: Labeling her a former "out-of-control party girl," Diane Sawyer asked how the socialite intends to transform herself into – in Richie's words – "a very healthy and respectable" mother.

One of Sawyer's main concerns, the ABC anchor said on Friday's part two of her Good Morning America interview with Richie (more from the Q&A will air on Friday's 20/20), was whether the formerly ultra-thin Simple Life star is finally eating – and not endangering the baby she's carrying.

"Do I eat is kind of an understatement," said Richie, who is four months pregnant. "I eat all the time, especially now. I'm constantly hungry. I'm eating at least every hour."

Sounding neither defensive nor particularly alarmed, Richie, 25, said, "Just like any mother, you know, you want to take the best care of yourself, especially when pregnant. And I'm definitely eating healthier now, and I'm really playing by the rules."

By that, Richie said, "I do not drink caffeine at all, cut out sushi" – and, in response to questions from Sawyer, who had also mentioned Richie's cocaine and heroin use – "No alcohol ... No marijuana ... No pills ... Nothing ... No smoking around me."

Richie's boyfriend and father of her child, Good Charlotte rocker Joel Madden, at that point told Sawyer that he had "a tough week" giving up his pack-and-a-half-a-day cigarette habit.

Richie also said, "I'm totally okay" with gaining 40 or 50 lbs. during her pregnancy if "that is what my body needs to do."

Earlier in the interview, Sawyer had confronted Richie with photos that displayed the socialite's skeletal frame, and asked if Richie felt any responsibility for the impression such images might make on little girls in regard to body image.

"I'm really sorry for not accepting that earlier," Richie replied. "It took me a while." As for what Richie sees when she looks at those photos, she said, "I see a girl that is obviously going through something and is much too skinny."

Asked point blank if she has an eating disorder, Richie said, "No, I do not have an eating disorder. I've never had an eating disorder. Ever. ... It's anxiety. It's stress. It's just not being careful."

Was it drug-related? "I think it possibly could have been," said Richie.

Richie also acknowledged Sawyer's observation that the socialite looked close to death, but Richie says she was not.

Well I have to say this is an impressive interview. Maybe Nicole got the message and can keep herself together and healthy. Maybe she can be a good role model for the others like Britney, LiLo and Paris.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:32 AM   #87
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 08:44 PM
What I don't understand is how she got pregnant in the first place. When you're as thin as she was the body stops menstruating because it knows that it can't support a baby. Must be some celebrity loophole.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #88
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 09:44 PM
^ thats what i thought when i first heard it too!

I wonder what Hilary Duff thinks? Like they broke up and a few months later he's with a new girlfriend and now they're having a baby. It would be so surprising i'd thnk.
Not that they're going to stay together or anything!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

Looking good

Old 08-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #90
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Finally! Guess it took a baby to make her realize she needs to shape up!