MERGED --> Nicole Richie Collapes at Nightclub + Nicole Richie headed to jail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think she is on David Letterman tonight...maybe HE will ask her?
He surely will ask her about Paris! :wink:

He might ask her. Dave usually doesn't hold back. Nicole's got her own court date coming up for her stupid driving episode, so she might be going to jail soon too! :hyper:

Nicole Richie headed to jail

GLENDALE, Calif. - Nicole Richie pleaded guilty Friday to driving under the influence of drugs and was sentenced to about four days in jail and fined by a court commissioner who said she was lucky nobody was killed when she drove the wrong way on a freeway.

Richie, the 25-year-old daughter of pop singer Lionel Richie, was subdued and somber as she was lectured about her driving. She entered court on the arm of boyfriend Joel Madden.

Richie, who’s rumored to be pregnant but has not confirmed it, wore a loose-fitting, knee-length black dress and spiked heels. She stood before the judge and softly answered “guilty” when asked how she pleaded to the misdemeanor charge. She initially pleaded not guilty in February.

She nodded when asked if she understood terms of the plea agreement (including 90 hours in jail and a fine of $2,048) worked out between her lawyers and prosecutors. Superior Court Commissioner Steven K. Lubell also gave Richie three years of probation and warned that she would go to county jail for a year if she violates it.

She must complete her sentence by Sept. 28. She can serve it in either a city or a county jail.

Slide show

Celebrity mugshots
From Lindsay Lohan to Frank Sinatra, a look at some of the stars who've run afoul of the law.

She was ordered to enroll in a drug and alcohol program and must prove that she has completed it when she returns to court on Feb. 20, 2008.

“You are not to drive with any measurable amount of alcohol or drugs in your system,” Lubell told her. “You are not to drive without a driver’s license.”

He said the state Department of Motor Vehicles would decide whether to suspend her license.

“You are very lucky that no one was hurt of killed as the result of this incident,” Lubell said.

Richie was arrested early on Dec. 11 after witnesses reported seeing her black Mercedes-Benz sport utility vehicle headed the wrong way on a freeway in Burbank.

The California Highway Patrol said they found her parked in the car pool lane.

Richie told authorities she had smoked marijuana and taken the prescription painkiller Vicodin, a CHP officer said at the time.

No drugs were found on her or in the car.

Lubell warned Richie of the dangers of driving under the influence and said: “The facts of this case, as the court knows it, is pretty scary. Someone could have gotten killed or injured. The court does not want anything to happen to you.

“If you continue to drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol and someone gets killed, you can be charged with murder, not manslaughter.

“I hope that never, ever happens.”

He said such a murder charge would come under a specific legal provision because she now has two convictions, the first one in June 2003 when she was convicted for driving under the influence of alcohol. The 2003 conviction made her eligible for a sentence of 90 days to a year in jail.

These starlets need to rein it in a bit....

boy do they.. need some serious help.. somehow... (and not in one of those 'celeb rehab' places either as far as getting help for her problem with alcohol and other substances).. some hard time is what she needs..:|

Damn. Ok well she needs to start eating and lay off the drugs. Poor baby :(

It was Nicole Richie, take two, on Friday morning: Labeling her a former "out-of-control party girl," Diane Sawyer asked how the socialite intends to transform herself into – in Richie's words – "a very healthy and respectable" mother.

One of Sawyer's main concerns, the ABC anchor said on Friday's part two of her Good Morning America interview with Richie (more from the Q&A will air on Friday's 20/20), was whether the formerly ultra-thin Simple Life star is finally eating – and not endangering the baby she's carrying.

"Do I eat is kind of an understatement," said Richie, who is four months pregnant. "I eat all the time, especially now. I'm constantly hungry. I'm eating at least every hour."

Sounding neither defensive nor particularly alarmed, Richie, 25, said, "Just like any mother, you know, you want to take the best care of yourself, especially when pregnant. And I'm definitely eating healthier now, and I'm really playing by the rules."

By that, Richie said, "I do not drink caffeine at all, cut out sushi" – and, in response to questions from Sawyer, who had also mentioned Richie's cocaine and heroin use – "No alcohol ... No marijuana ... No pills ... Nothing ... No smoking around me."

Richie's boyfriend and father of her child, Good Charlotte rocker Joel Madden, at that point told Sawyer that he had "a tough week" giving up his pack-and-a-half-a-day cigarette habit.

Richie also said, "I'm totally okay" with gaining 40 or 50 lbs. during her pregnancy if "that is what my body needs to do."

Earlier in the interview, Sawyer had confronted Richie with photos that displayed the socialite's skeletal frame, and asked if Richie felt any responsibility for the impression such images might make on little girls in regard to body image.

"I'm really sorry for not accepting that earlier," Richie replied. "It took me a while." As for what Richie sees when she looks at those photos, she said, "I see a girl that is obviously going through something and is much too skinny."

Asked point blank if she has an eating disorder, Richie said, "No, I do not have an eating disorder. I've never had an eating disorder. Ever. ... It's anxiety. It's stress. It's just not being careful."

Was it drug-related? "I think it possibly could have been," said Richie.

Richie also acknowledged Sawyer's observation that the socialite looked close to death, but Richie says she was not.

I think everyone agrees she looked far better when she first came into the public eye, around the debut of The Simple Life.

You know, back when you couldn't see her bones sticking out.

Well, she couldn't look much worse than she did... unless she was dead.

Hopefully this pregnancy will help her gain the weight she needs. But i wouldn't be surprised if she's back to her boney ways as soon as the kid is born.

MrsSpringsteen said:
It was Nicole Richie, take two, on Friday morning: Labeling her a former "out-of-control party girl," Diane Sawyer asked how the socialite intends to transform herself into – in Richie's words – "a very healthy and respectable" mother.

One of Sawyer's main concerns, the ABC anchor said on Friday's part two of her Good Morning America interview with Richie (more from the Q&A will air on Friday's 20/20), was whether the formerly ultra-thin Simple Life star is finally eating – and not endangering the baby she's carrying.

"Do I eat is kind of an understatement," said Richie, who is four months pregnant. "I eat all the time, especially now. I'm constantly hungry. I'm eating at least every hour."

Sounding neither defensive nor particularly alarmed, Richie, 25, said, "Just like any mother, you know, you want to take the best care of yourself, especially when pregnant. And I'm definitely eating healthier now, and I'm really playing by the rules."

By that, Richie said, "I do not drink caffeine at all, cut out sushi" – and, in response to questions from Sawyer, who had also mentioned Richie's cocaine and heroin use – "No alcohol ... No marijuana ... No pills ... Nothing ... No smoking around me."

Richie's boyfriend and father of her child, Good Charlotte rocker Joel Madden, at that point told Sawyer that he had "a tough week" giving up his pack-and-a-half-a-day cigarette habit.

Richie also said, "I'm totally okay" with gaining 40 or 50 lbs. during her pregnancy if "that is what my body needs to do."

Earlier in the interview, Sawyer had confronted Richie with photos that displayed the socialite's skeletal frame, and asked if Richie felt any responsibility for the impression such images might make on little girls in regard to body image.

"I'm really sorry for not accepting that earlier," Richie replied. "It took me a while." As for what Richie sees when she looks at those photos, she said, "I see a girl that is obviously going through something and is much too skinny."

Asked point blank if she has an eating disorder, Richie said, "No, I do not have an eating disorder. I've never had an eating disorder. Ever. ... It's anxiety. It's stress. It's just not being careful."

Was it drug-related? "I think it possibly could have been," said Richie.

Richie also acknowledged Sawyer's observation that the socialite looked close to death, but Richie says she was not.

Well I have to say this is an impressive interview. Maybe Nicole got the message and can keep herself together and healthy. Maybe she can be a good role model for the others like Britney, LiLo and Paris.

Looking good :up:

nicole_richie3.jpg

Finally! Guess it took a baby to make her realize she needs to shape up!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom