MERGED-->Nick and Jessica = Splitsville

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is the popcorn for my comment and the thread, or for news on the divorce, carek?

i really dont get people. now, i really dislike the one song of hers i'v heard, and don't know what he did to be famous, but i dont gloat or gleefully bask in others' rough times. i'm no fan of theirs and don't understand why they lived how they did, but i couldn't pounce on this with the petty glee and fervour some of you have. it's...cold, gloating on someone's divorce. inter reaches new lows every day it seems.
:slant:

^My guess is that when you expose your marriage to the world via reality tv like cheap famewhores, you sorta open yourself to public ridicule when it ends, but maybe that's just me. :shrug:

I guess so. I'm not the kindest most loving soul, far from it, actually, yet I'd never wish or gloat over someone's bad run even if it were someone I didn't like let alone didn't even know. Except Tom Cruise. He'll get his one of these days.
:shrug:

But ignore this, far be it for me to break up the party, lol.

Apparently John Mayer's website (which is so overwhelmed with hits right now I can't access it) is saying "Don't believe the hype."

Edited to add: Someone posted this on his MySpace, a cap of his homepage ...

hype.jpg

AngelaHarlem, I don't know if my posts perked your ears or not. I don't take glee in any person's heartache. As I said in my original posts, though, I did watch every episode of the show and do read/watch her interviews and have yet to find much redeeming about Jessica Simpson. I don't wish her ill but don't really wish her as much as she's gotten either.

Last edited:
060911.jpg

people.com

Jessica's New Romance Her new CD may be called A Public Affair, but Jessica Simpson has kept her budding relationship with singer John Mayer ultra private. Now after three months of flirty notes and quiet barbecues at home, the two may be ready to step out What kind of a suitor is John Mayer? The kind who sends cards and flowers. The kind who makes the new object of his affection, Jessica Simpson, "giggle," according to a source close to her. And the kind who passed the 'Daisy' test with flying colors. In the few months Mayer and Simpson have been an item, says the source, "he has even babysat for Daisy" – Simpson's beloved maltipoo mix. "If you're in with Daisy, you're in with her!"

Take it from Daisy: Mayer, 28, is officially in with Simpson, 26. And the bubbly pop star – whose promotional tour for her new album, A Public Affair, has been slowed by a bruised vocal cord – can hardly contain her delight at falling for the scruffy-haired singer-songwriter with a sensitive streak. "She's head over heels," says the source close to her. "She's telling friends, 'I'm in love.' "

So how did the opposites-attract pairing – the music-industry equivalent of the head cheerleader hooking up with the sweetly geeky drum major – happen in the first place? After meeting at Clive Davis's pre-Grammy party in 2005 – when Simpson was still married to Nick Lachey, 32 – the couple "bumped into each other" in June at New York City nightclub the Double Seven, where a source says Simpson was "flirting up a storm" with both Mayer and actor Jared Leto. The singer was especially smitten when Mayer praised her new single, "A Public Affair." "He flattered her," says another source.

Nearly 10 months after her high-profile breakup with Lachey, the low-key Mayer appears to be the right guy at the right time. The Fairfield, Conn.-bred musician – who won three Grammys by age 27 – "is a smart East Coast boy," says the source. "John's got depth and humor and talent. He doesn't hang out at Privilege [a night club] until 3 in the morning. As cute boys have hurt her, she's realizing she doesn't have to be with the cutest frat boy in the room."

To hear him tell it, Mayer – who is currently touring with Sheryl Crow and who has a new album, Continuum, due Sept. 12 – wasn't exactly looking to date the popular girl. "I just don't go for celebrities," he told PEOPLE in July. "I've met people that are, like, supposed to be the sexiest woman on Earth and they actually suck the chemistry out of the room. The celebrity mentality is a whole different fate than my fate."

Still, he openly expressed his desire to be in a relationship. "Nobody really wants to be single," he said. "They always say if you don't look, you'll find it. Well, I have not been looking for a while and I haven't found it. I'll be willing to give up anything at any time in my life for the right thing."

So is Mayer Simpson's Mr. Right? Although the singer told Glamour magazine in its new issue, "I feel good being married to myself right now," sources close to her say she is savoring the new romance. "They've barbecued at her house," says a Simpson insider. "She's just started gardening, and he impressed her by knowing all the flowers she planted." Mayer is also "the antithesis of Nick," says the source. "He makes her feel special and beautiful and smart. Nick used to laugh when she said something that didn't sound smart."

Although Lachey has been romancing MTV and Entertainment Tonight personality Vanessa Minnillo, 25, since March, Simpson has been "tiptoeing back into the dating world," says the source close to her. Though gossip columns have linked her to half of young Hollywood, "nothing ever happened," says the source. The Mayer relationship "is the first time she's dated since Nick."

For now, the couple are simply enjoying a fun, if no-longer-quite-so-private, affair. "It's in the first stages," says the Simpson source. "She realizes it's been very sudden and they haven't known each other really long. But the signals and the emotions seem right."

Interesting observation both Jessica and Ashlee have had problems with their vocal chords. I have always thought their parents have pushed both of these girls into the limelight. What father as a minister by profession would not only support his daughters to become celebrities but go into business as their managers pushing and promoting them in show business? Money hungry folks, I say.

Jessica forgot her skirt at the awards the other night! I swear that dress was waaaayyyyyyy too skimpy and short!

Radar alleges that Jessica's rep made the whole thing up. Although I'm not a fan of the girl's, I think it sucks to have such crappy people in her inner circle.

Not-so-straight Shuter?

A word of advice for publicists: If you're going to make up a phony romance for one of your clients, make sure she's in on the plot. Jessica Simpson's alleged love affair with singer John Mayer fell apart Tuesday as Simpson disavowed the relationship on The View. Simpson's after-the-fact denial—paired with Mayer's pooh-poohing of the claim on his blog—caused no small amount of consternation at People and Us Weekly, which splashed the story on their covers last week after receiving all-but-official assurances it was for real.

How did it happen? Insiders, in chorus, answered that question in two words: Rob Shuter. Sources say the publicist, who was pushed out of Dan Klores Communications several months ago after repeatedly getting caught at mischief, was the prime mover behind both the People and US stories. "This was 100 percent Shuter," says one person involved in the situation. "He broke all the rules of the game. He's a pathological liar. I wonder how much Jessica even knew what he was up to."

Others agree with that analysis, though some speculate that Simpson's father, Joe, and the head of her label, Epic Records, Charlie Walk, stirred the story as a way to drum up interest in Simpson's new album, which has sold sluggishly since its recent debut. A report in the new issue of Star blames Shuter and unnamed Epic "bigwigs" in the "dating deception."

That's not to say there's no kernel of truth to the claims. Sources in both Mayer's and Simpson's camps agree the two were engaged in some sort of flirtation or casual hookups--but nothing that "makes her heart skip," in the words of People's cover. A People rep says the magazine stands by its story, while Us Weekly is set to publish a follow-up in its new issue.

Shuter, naturally, denies planting the story, insisting: "We just don't comment on Jessica's relationships." Not on the record, anyway.

I cannot stand either one of those Simpson parents....they are just money hungry, egotistical, materialistic people. Monsters!

Did anyone happen to catch the Jessica special on MTV last night (Monday 9/4) which I am sure her daddy orchestrated to dispell rumors and dig up record sales for the new album. Jessica took questions from the intimate gathering many of which related to her break up from Nick Lachey and she cried and cried.

Nick had a big article in Rolling Stone before his album came out, and he cried and cried throughout the interview.

I actually do believe they're sad about the end of their relationship, but it's hard to take promotionally-timed tears too seriously.

"Wahhhh, buy my record, wahhhhh."

Their relationship, while bona fide, was hardly one for the ages. It is, a Mayer pal tells Us Weekly, "a '2' her camp spun into an '11.'" In fact, a Mayer friend tells Us, the musician has lost a lot of respect for his brief fling and "now he will stay away from her. He thinks it's desperate. An attempt for her to stay in the spotlight."

On August 28, a Simpson source assured Us the couple would spend time together in NYC throughout the upcoming week. Simpson, according to this source, was looking forward to Mayer's August 30 concert at New York's Jones Beach. Instead, Us learned, she opted to stay in and have what a hotel employee called "a slumber party" with sister Ashlee and a number of other girls. A reservation was made (by whom is unclear) in Mayer's name at the city's Soho Grand Hotel, where Simpson checked in August 28. Sniffs a Mayer pal, "He has an apartment in the city. Why would he stay at the Soho Grand?" By September 4, a Simpson confidant was insisting that she and Mayer had had late-night trysts on August 30 and 31, and hinted that she had even spent the weekend in upstate New York (Mayer had a concert there). But she and Ashlee partied until 3 a.m. Saturday night at NYC club Don Hill's. In fact, the two were never spotted together during Simpson's entire New York visit. As Us Weekly went to press, the realization that Mayer had moved on seemed to have set in, and the same Simpson pal began to backtrack and confirm the cooling-off, saying, "She met a guy who was scared away by all the attention."

"It's very clear to John who was pushing this story," says a Mayer pal about the Simpson publicity machine. "And it's also very clear to him that Jessica's under a lot of pressure to sell an album." However, even with the headlines created by the leaks, her album A Public Affair sold just an estimated 95,000 units in its first week. In contrast, Lachey's What's Left of Me moved 172,000 copies its first week.

As a writer, I understand that sometimes you do have to use unnamed sources but these magazines pretty much only use unnamed sources. That just makes everything they print even more suspect. If these two really were that much in love, why would people be afraid to go on the record about it?

Saw this on tmz.com. The last paragraph is a hoot! :lol:

TMZ has learned that Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey have divided up the assets in their marriage, and Nick agreed to less than his share in order to avoid an ugly court fight.

The couple amassed a fortune during their three-year marriage, in no small part because of their MTV reality show "Newlyweds" and the avalanche of endorsements and other deals that followed. Jessica refused to sign a prenuptial agreement, so under California law the assets -- estimated at $36 million -- are to be divided equally. So Jessica and Nick should each get $18.

Nick will take significantly more than the $1.5 million, but considerably less than 50%

As TMZ first reported, Jessica (we're told at the behest of her dad, Joe Simpson) offered Nick a relatively measly $1.5 million to walk away from the marriage. Sources say Joe Simpson believed Nick didn't have the stomach to put up a fight over money. Nevertheless, Nick rejected the offer and the former sweethearts decided to make their divorce final and try to hammer out a property settlement.

Sources say in the property settlement -- which has not yet been filed in court -- Nick will take significantly more than the $1.5 million, but considerably less than 50% of what he and Jessica earned during the marriage. Two sources in Nick's camp made it clear to TMZ that Lachey agreed to end the dispute because he does not want to hurt anyone in a contentious court battle.

Ironically last week, a reporter on a red carpet relayed a message from Joe and Jessica Simpson to Nick: "They love you. You're still part of the family." Nick blanched and said "Well, good, that's nice to hear...." The reporter persisted "...Jessica will always love you." Nick's classic reply: "Okay, then!"

Well if this is in fact true, good for Nick foregoing an embarrassing court battle to get to the bottom of this divorce proceeding. It is hurtful and really no one's business but the 2 parties. I wish both Nick AND Jessica happier futures. (I'll bet Nick will be running all the way to the bank laughing once he gets his settlement check about the Newlyweds TV show blunders Jessica made like the "Is this tuna or is this chicken?")

TMZ has learned Rob Shuter, Jessica Simpson's longtime publicist, has been fired.

According to one well-placed source, Rob was let go because of last week's weekly magazine debacle involving Jessica's purported romance with rocker John Mayer. Both People and Us Weekly magazines ran cover stories suggesting the two were dating, and People even quoted Jessica saying "I'm in love!" Reports began to surface this week that Mayer may have been irked about the public proclamation and reportedly felt used for publicity. This week, Jessica emphatically announced on "The View" "I am actually not dating John Mayer."

Another source suggests the Simpson camp has been unhappy with Shuter's performance for some time and that the Mayer incident "was the last straw" in a series of events leading up to the firing.

Calls to Shuter were not immediately returned. The person who answered the phone at JT Entertainment, father Joe Simpson's management company, had no comment.

Ironically on John Mayer's blog, he posted a simple message: "Really enjoying this song" above a poster for Public Enemy's hit "Don't Believe the Hype."

Lachey's marriage call

Nick Lachey has told ex-wife Jessica Simpson he is getting married again.

(BANG) - Nick Lachey has called ex-wife Jessica Simpson to tell her he is getting married again.

The singer, who is planning to marry new girlfriend Vanessa Minnillo, spent 40 minutes on the phone breaking the news to his ex-wife before she heard it through the grapevine.

According to the National Ledger website, Nick told Jessica: "I'm getting married again Jess and I wanted you to hear it from me."

The former 98 Degrees singer is allegedly hoping to wed by the end of the year.

Despite being the first to file for divorce, Jessica is said to have reacted badly to the news.

A source said: "She knew Nick and Vanessa were serious, but this threw her. She did her best to contain her emotions."

The 'Dukes of Hazzard' actress has been linked to pop singer John Mayer since her divorce - which was finalised this year - but recently rubbished the rumours insisting she is single.

(C) BANG Media International

Back
Top Bottom