MERGED-->New White Stripes Album - "Elephant"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
New White Stripes Album - "Elephant"

Elephant has arrived! What do you think of it? Is it a clear step up from the band's previous 3 albums or a step backward?

I'm so excited!! :hyper: :heart:

B00008J4P5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I was hoping you could tell me! I'm thinking of buying it this week. Is it like the first one?

Well, Rolling Stone gave it 5 stars...Ryan Adams had an advance copy and was going on and on about how wonderiffic it is at his message board.

I WANT IT. :mad:

I'm gonna have to wait though...once I get a job, I will buy it.

Yep, RS gave it 5 stars, Q gave it 4, and SPIN gave it an A. My plan is to walk downtown to get it when I get off work at 5. Sonically, I think it's going to be amazing since it was recorded on such old equipment. Anyhoo, I'm pretty stoked!!!

:hyper:

I've heard 7 Nation Army, I really like it. I'm quite interested in checking this album out. I think I may have to go buy it after class!

5 more hours until I obnoxiously run through the doors of Borders and become one with my copy of Elephant. :drool: :crack: :reject:

*pictures noodle tearing through borders hugging her new cd

for some reason that visual cracked me up. :laugh:

let me know how it is... :crack:

I'm going to go purchase this album right now. I hope I find somewhere with a really good (cheap) deal!

u2popmofo said:
I'm going to go purchase this album right now. I hope I find somewhere with a really good (cheap) deal!

:hyper: Let me know what you think!!!

I've got about 2 more hours to go!!!!!!!! :scream:

I just bought it. Somehow they already had it at the local used cd shop. I'm on the 3rd track. So far I like these first 3 as much, or more than anything on the last album.

The guy at the cd store had heard it and acted liked he loved it. He had a huge smile on his face when he was telling me abou it.

I'm on track #8 - Ball and Biscuit. It's QUITE the rocker. :up:

There were a few slow ones (for the ladies of course). Meg sang one of the songs, Cold, Cold Night. It was quite good.

So far, fantubularistic.

Ok the last few have been totally rocking, they are: Ball and Biscuit, The Hardest Button to Button, and Little Acorns(I'm listening to this scorcher as we speak).

:up:

Ok, everything from Ball & Biscuit on is quite rocking, until the last track, Well It's True That We Love One Another, which is absolutely hilarious.

Overall, this album was GREAT on first listen! I didnt even read the lyrics, which always enhances the listening experience, so I have that to still look forward too for added entertainment.

If you dont like this album, I'll kick you in your shins.

Best Buy has it for $9 - I was so going to buy it after work, but I am going to a listening party Wed. night - and have a chance to get it for free :dance:

Seven Nation Army - I can't get the damn song out of my head. All day I have been marching and stomping and pounding to the drum beat in my head.

To those who are paying attention - I HAVE NOW BOUGHT THIS CD! :lol:

Will write more as soon as I can devote time to it. :heart:

I got the last copy at my local indie record store. Haven't had time to listen to the whole thing yet, but so far it kicks ass!!

Back
Top Bottom