MERGED: New Springsteen album... + Bruce still has it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course I don't have stupid VH1 classic

H1 Heads to the Garden State For an Exclusive Performance by New Jersey's Own Bruce Springsteen in 'Storytellers: Bruce Springsteen' Premiering Saturday, April 23 at 10pm*

- VH1 Classic Salutes 'Bruce Springsteen Day' on Tuesday, April 26 With Commercial-Free Presentation of Special Extended Storytellers: Bruce Springsteen'

NEW YORK, April 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Taped in his own home state of New Jersey, Bruce Springsteen eloquently discusses his music in VH1's "Storytellers: Bruce Springsteen" premiering Saturday, April 23 at 10pm. Springsteen treats fans to an intimate performance as he performs songs from his upcoming album Devils & Dust as well as his classics. This solo acoustic show will follow in the "Storytellers" format as Springsteen gives an honest and revealing look into his song-writing process. Viewers will get a unique opportunity to hear the inspiration and stories behind such hits as "Blinded by the Light," "Brilliant Disguise" (which he performs with his wife Patti Scialfa), "The Rising," "Thunder Road" and from his new album the title track "Devils & Dust" and "Jesus Was An Only Son."

It's all-Springsteen all-day at VH1 Classic on Tuesday, April 26 when the channel celebrates the release that day of Bruce Springsteen's new CD "Devils & Dust." The highlight of VH1 Classic's salute is the 8:00 pm, commercial-free presentation of an extended version of Springsteen's "VH1 Storytellers."

"Bruce Springsteen Day" on VH1 Classic will also feature new interview moments with Springsteen himself exclusive to the channel. Additional program highlights include excerpts from celebrated Springsteen concert specials including: "Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band -- Live in New York City," "Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band -- Live in Barcelona," MTV's "Bruce Springsteen In Concert" and the documentary "Blood Brothers." The channel will also air all of Springsteen's classic music videos throughout the day.

In addition, on Monday, April 25, VH1 Classic will air Springsteen's video for the title track to his new CD "Devils & Dust" every hour at the top of the hour.

"Storytellers: Bruce Springsteen" is a production of VH1. Lee Rolontz and Bill Flanagan serve as executive producers.

For more on "Storytellers: Bruce Springsteen", users can log on to http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/storyt...5/episode.jhtml for clips of "Nebraska" and "Sunny Day," two songs not included in the show, exclusive photos from the concert as well as Behind The Set list: Reflections on the songs Springsteen played.

More TV and Radio Appearances:

Friday, April 22 - "Dateline NBC"

Bruce will discuss "Devils & Dust" and his upcoming solo tour! Also featured in this special interview will be "exclusive" live highlights of Bruce performing the title track from "Devils & Dust," as well as "All I'm Thinking About."

Monday, April 25 - "The Today Show" (NBC) - Interview profile with Matt Lauer.

Tuesday, April 26 - "The Today Show" (NBC) - Performances of "Devils & Dust" and "All I'm Thinkin' About."

Tuesday & Wednesday, April 26-27 - "Morning Edition" (NPR)
Interview with Renée Montagne as well as performances of "Devils & Dust" and "Jesus Was an Only Son."

I loved how he got all giggly about that Reno song

He sounds like he's going through puberty in All I'm Thinking About Is You :wink: He and Edge should have a falsetto duet

Is it just me, or does the album have a little Joshua Tree feel? kind of has that anthemic-americana-rootsy-melodic feel that made JT so great:)

I was at the "matinee" show yesterday in Asbury.....AMAZING....Being in the 3rd show doesn't hurt either, but the anywhere inside was a great seat. Set-up was really cool, with a chandelier above the piano and some small candles, the Paramount never looked so good. During much of the show, the place was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I hope that holds true for the remainder of the tour....

Highlights include REAL WORD (1st time hearing this one live), FOR YOU, RACING (dedicated to his oldest fan who was in the front row) & the Promised Land.....Some of the new songs are really, really good which include Long Time Coming, The Hitter (previously played on the Joad Tour) and RENO. Yes, that's right. He explains what the song is really about and it makes more sense to me.....

If you are on the fence about going to see him, go.....2.5 hours of music(that beats the boys as well)

It's going to be a great summer with him on the road.....

MrsSpringsteen said:
I loved how he got all giggly about that Reno song

He sounds like he's going through puberty in All I'm Thinking About Is You :wink: He and Edge should have a falsetto duet

:lol:

i missed it. my mom saw it, she thought it was hilarious.

Theedge555 said:
I was at the "matinee" show yesterday in Asbury.....AMAZING....Being in the 3rd show doesn't hurt either, but the anywhere inside was a great seat. Set-up was really cool, with a chandelier above the piano and some small candles, the Paramount never looked so good. During much of the show, the place was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I hope that holds true for the remainder of the tour....

Highlights include REAL WORD (1st time hearing this one live), FOR YOU, RACING (dedicated to his oldest fan who was in the front row) & the Promised Land.....Some of the new songs are really, really good which include Long Time Coming, The Hitter (previously played on the Joad Tour) and RENO. Yes, that's right. He explains what the song is really about and it makes more sense to me.....

If you are on the fence about going to see him, go.....2.5 hours of music(that beats the boys as well)

It's going to be a great summer with him on the road.....

:drool: sounds awesome, i can't wait for may 20th.

I loved that Storytellers, in spite of all the commercials

The part that really got to me was when he talked about his neighbor who died and how he still waits to see her in his window-and the Jesus Was An Only Son part

I have no interest in getting into any silly "arguments" about Patti, I think people just like to take shots at her singing, whatever. It doesn't bother me, after all she's really his wife :wink: and it's his business if he wants her to sing. Everything I've read and heard she's extremely nice to fans, etc and just an all around terrific person.

Bruce still has it!

Hi!

Yes, it appears Mr Born in the USA still has it from the days of Asbury Park. Entertainment Weekly rated it "A". Here is an excerpt of the review off of CNN.

"You might dread hearing a rock star pretend to know what it's like to be a soldier in Iraq, but Springsteen fully inhabits the title track's grunt, who's hoping God is on our side, even after finding demonology in the combat details and spirit-trumping dust in the decaying casualties. "

carol
wizard2c

:|

The new disc is absolutely amazing. The DVD is good as well.
Favorite songs:

1. Long Time Comin'
2. Devils & Dust
3. All I'm Thinkin' About
4. Reno

pax said:
Please check current threads before posting.

Also, this thread should be in Bang and Clatter.

Moving and merging.

Thanks.

Hi!

Thanks for the info........{head 'em in....move 'em out.......rawhide......rolling, rolling, rolling, rock n' rolling Bruce!

:wink:

I finally listened to D&D tonight. I like it better than Tom Joad, but not as much as Nebraska. I think my favorite song might be Jesus Was An Only Son. Yeah, Bruce, go ahead and make me cry. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom