MERGED-->NEW SONG/ALBUM from THE SHINS! + New Shins leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoodlem

War Child
NEW SONG/ALBUM from THE SHINS!

This is taken from the official website:

The new record is done, it is. It'll be out in October. We're putting money on it being released on a Tuesday.
We'll be touring in September, but we don't have dates yet. They'll be posted on the Show Dates page once they're confirmed. ?I told you you'd get it as soon as I got it.?

Jed Hood is dead. The Shins have begun.

Listen to them in the basement recording a new song!
go here http://www.darkcoupon.com/miscellany.html

I LOVE THE SHINS. this new song sounds great and has reminded me why I was obsessed with their last album for the better part of a year. To those who care...i hope you enjoy this.

yeah, that new song has GREAT lyrics! Its so simple yet moving, the way most good music is.

my favorite part is, "I find a fatal flaw in the logic of love and go out of my head" That is good stuff.

also...
"untie me, i've said no vows
this train is getting way too loud
i've gotta leave you my girl
and get on with my lonely life,
just leave the ring on the rail
for the wheels to nullify"

WOW...that is so cool!

sweet. i can't wait to hear this :up: if mofo says it's awesome, then i think that means i really need to hear it, as he was the one who told me to listen to them initially.

how is that i didn't see this thread until now?

you have a lousy connection? :wink:

I have nothing to say about the Shins..I downloaded 'New Slang' and remember liking it but I haven't listened or wanted to listen to them in some time. Oh well. Might as well listen to it now.

You might also want to check out the Decemberists. I don't think they're too similar, but I've heard them mentioned in tandem with the Shins a couple time.

i think i'm supposed to remember to check the decembrsits out already, right yertle? you're going to help me when i get back to school and remind me of all the music i need to locate, right?

here's the tracklist for the New Album:

"Chutes Too Narrow"

01 Kissing The Lipless
02 Mine's Not A High Horse
03 So Says I
04 Young Pilgrams
05 Saint Simon
06 Fighting in a Sack
07 Pink Bullets
08 Turn A Square
09 A Call To Apathy [tentative title]
10 Those To Come

"So Says I" is the first Single.

Where'd you get the info Hoodlem?

By the way, any clue what the name of the song on their website's name is? I really like that one.

girl inform me and caring is creepy won me over as a fan of theirs...new cd is always nice

mofo,
a lot of sites have this info...i just searched "chutes too narrow" in google...hope that helps

i have no idea what the name of the new song on the website is but I don't think it's any of the ones on the tracklist...i guess that means the stuff on the album is even better!

Hoodlem said:
mofo,
a lot of sites have this info...i just searched "chutes too narrow" in google...hope that helps

i have no idea what the name of the new song on the website is but I don't think it's any of the ones on the tracklist...i guess that means the stuff on the album is even better!

Right on :up:

The Shins' highly anticipated sophomore release, Chutes Too Narrow, has been pushed back two weeks to October 21st, according to a post on the group's official website. The ten-track album was recorded in frontman James Mercer's Portland, OR basement and additionally at Seattle's Avast Studios with Phil Ek (Built To Spill) behind the boards. The record is so highly anticipated, in fact, that a certain Pitchfork staffer who shall remain nameless was overheard mumbling more than a few oh baby's while monopolizing the Newswire bathroom for up to ten minutes, but no longer. Okay, it was I.

We threw the tracklist for Chutes out to ya'll last week, but now the Shins have also posted details of their two upcoming, ridiculously long, tours of the U.S. The first leg kicks off in Seattle on August 27th and includes eleven dates before wrapping up in late September. Then, in early November, the band will launch a 20-date jaunt that will cover the West, Midwest and some points in between before wrapping up with four (count 'em) dates in their hometown of Albuquerque, NM around Thanksgiving. A single show on October 24th at the Bowery Ballroom in New York is currently the only date slated for that month. Tour dates:

08-27 Seattle, WA - Memorial Stadium
09-02 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
09-03 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
09-04 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
09-05 Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
09-12 Salt Lake City, UT - Kilby Court
09-19 Fort Worth, TX - Ridglea Theater
09-20 Austin, TX - Antones
09-21 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits Festival
09-22 Oklahoma, OK - Opolis
09-24 Albuquerque, NM - Launch Pad
10-24 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
11-02 San Francisco, CA - Warfield
11-03 San Francisco, CA - Warfield
11-04 San Francisco, CA - Warfield
11-05 San Francisco, CA - Warfield
11-08 Long Beach, CA - The Queen Mary (All Tomorrow's Parties festival)
11-09 Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
11-11 Boulder, CO - The Fox
11-12 Denver, CO - Gothic Theater
11-14 Minneapolis, MN - 1st Avenue
11-15 Chicago, IL - House of Blues
11-17 Detroit, MI - Magestic Theatre
11-19 Memphis, TN - Hi Tone Cafe
11-21 Bloomington, IN - Vertigo
11-22 Lawrence, KS - Bottleneck
11-23 Oklahoma City, OK - Diamond Theater
11-25 Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater
11-26 Albuquerque, NM - Goldenwest
12-05 Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater
12-06 Albuquerque, NM - Goldenwest

I am so excited to see the Shins at Kilby Court in Salt Lake! I saw them play there a year and a half ago and that place is, i kid you not, the size of a garage...actually it is a garage. Same week as my birthday too. that is so nice of them.

Hoodlem said:
I am so excited to see the Shins at Kilby Court in Salt Lake! I saw them play there a year and a half ago and that place is, i kid you not, the size of a garage...actually it is a garage. Same week as my birthday too. that is so nice of them.

Are you in Utah?

hey popmofo, maybe I know you! Wouldn't that be weird? I live on 600 N in a house, whats your coordinates? Are you at the Y? I go to UVSC myself but I think I am still a good person ;)

Riviera Apts, right next to the Stadium.

I went to the Y, graduated a few years ago.

Hoodlem said:
the Riv huh? Why still in Provo if you don't mind me asking? Are you from Utah?

I emailed you (the one you had in your profile). So if you get an email from someone you dont know, it's me.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom