MERGED-->NEW SONG/ALBUM from THE SHINS! + New Shins leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was very impressed (and I love these guys)!

'So Says I' sounded vastly better than it did on Letterman a month ago :up:

On another note, today, in the mail, I received the Flake Music cd (The Shins original line up/band). It has 4 very 'Shins-esque' songs on it (one of the the songs is actually called "The Shins", hence where they got the name from), and the rest are all pretty good too. I'm enjoying it, thought I'd let you all know.

u2popmofo said:

'So Says I' sounded vastly better than it did on Letterman a month ago :up:

I agree! I thought they sounded really good. And that song gets better and better every time I hear it. Looked like the guys were having a good time.

fuck. i forgot. just like i forgot to get up and go to rehearsal today. my mind is blowing. aieee.

This Flake Music thing sounds interesting.. I've never heard of 'em before.

SkeeK said:
fuck. i forgot. just like i forgot to get up and go to rehearsal today. my mind is blowing. aieee.

This Flake Music thing sounds interesting.. I've never heard of 'em before.

Maybe you had heard of them, but you just forgot (just like The Shins performance and your so called 'rehearsal' :wink: )

Yeah, I pretty much immediately ordered the cd after reading about them.

Last edited:
it's official: mofo rules

i'd go start the io thread if i wasn't afraid i'd get run out of there on a rail with rabid brain-eating cats on my tail. not that i have a tail or anything.

i'm kicking myself for forgetting about them playing on conan. dammit.

You can't see me right now, mofo. But I'm kissing your feet, and making you coffee. I hope you like coffee, but if not then it's the thought that counts right?

and I hear you like guys.. :wink:

There is no real proof behind any of the 'liking guys' rumors.

You cant believe hearsay and circumstantial evidence that Cujo provides, so says I.

:wink:

Last edited:
hey, maybe you'd like to kick the ass of some girl who asked me where ontario is...she walked by the tv when i was watching hockey again and i thought she was going to ask where philadelphia is this time.

oooh man. well there's no need to tell her, i'm sure she'll be happy enough pestering others ;)

So yeah, my concert tickets showed up today. I did end up receiving tickets #1 and #2.

I dont know if I should be proud or embarrassed for being the only person in Utah to know about the concert or care. :wink:

Be happy for yourself, but sad for Utah.

Mention to the Shins that there's a large need for them to tour in the frozen north, if you get a chance :up:

shin splints are evil

i'm jealous, mofo, really jealous

have i mentioned yet that i will be in boston when the shins play but i can't go to the show because i'll be with my mom and brother and although they'd both go to the show if we could all get tickets, it's 18+??:mad:

i think i might have said something about that...

mofo, it's cool that you've got ticket 1 and 2. someone has to get the first 2 tickets, might as well be you.

what about that other guy who was here for a while from utah who's into them? maybe he got 3 and 4 :p

The concert was last night, HeartlandGirl and I both went. It was freaking awesome. The entire Shins set was fantastic, they even played a new song. One of the best concerts I've been to in a while! Oh yeah, Fiery Furnaces opened and they were great too!

I'm sure I'll post an entire review and setlist later (the setlist wont be in order).

http://www.subpop.com/scripts/main/...y_type=discog_single&title=Fighting in a Sack

I love the cover art :up:
0653-2_big.gif

Fighting in a Sack EP

Track listing:

1. Fighting in a Sack
2. Baby Boomerang (T-Rex cover)
3. New Slang (Live with Sam Beam) (Sam Bean is the guy from Iron & Wine)
4. So Says I (video)

The site says it was released on the 13th, another site I saw said 26th, and Amazon doesnt even know it exists. I'm not sure if it's out yet or not, but I know I want it!!! Only $4 from Sub Pop!!!

On a side note, 'Fighting in a Sack' as a single?? I love it, but I can think of about 6 better singles from the album (if not more). Then again, I wouldn't have released 'So Says I' as a single at first either, and people seem to love that song! Shows how much I know! Hopefully they'll release 'Saint Simon' as something at some point in time.

Last edited:
I like the cover art, too. :up:

It is kinda thought-provoking that they'd release Fighting in a Sack as a single. It was the one song on the album my mom didn't like. :D

New music video for Pink Bullets there. Not sure if it's a single, or they just made a video for it. FYI, it's awesome.

http://subpop.dev.slam.cc/downloads/free/Pink_Bullets_(Hi_Res)305.mov

The direct link doesnt seem to be working, so you can also find it here in the multimedia section on the left:
http://www.subpop.com/scripts/main/bands_page.php?id=355

Also, I found a link to an interview on Sub Pop where the band themselves said they'll start work on a new album right after their tour ends this spring. No dates on when it will be done, but they themselves said they're overdue for a new record. I agree. :up:

Last edited:
my mom said she heard an interview with them on NPR a couple weeks ago. :up:

:up: cool video. also reminded me how much i like that song.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom