MERGED-->NEW SONG/ALBUM from THE SHINS! + New Shins leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw them last night, great show at a small venue, the guys were drinking and having a very good time at Headliners in Louisville. A big :up:, one of my favorite bands currently.

Elvis Presley said:
Saw them last night, great show at a small venue, the guys were drinking and having a very good time at Headliners in Louisville. A big :up:, one of my favorite bands currently.

You anger me, yet make me happy at the same time. :up:

Speaking of which, I saw this on Pitchfork:

The Shins:

1-13 New York, NY - Late Show with David Letterman
2-15 New York, NY - Late Night with Conan O'Brian

Cant wait to see those :up:

Apparently The Shins got bumped and wont be playing Letterman this week :down:

Bouncing Souls are on Conan on Friday though, if that's any consolation.

Ok, now Sub Pop's site says that The Shins have been 'unbumped' and were re-asked to play again today.

They WILL be on Letterman tonight, so please watch :up:

(here's to hoping they dont play 'So Says I', though they probably will)

Fantastic that was, so says I.

(did anyone else notice the Late Night band went into U2's 'One' when they went into commercial break after The Shins?......I'm actually assuming people watched this....unlikely)

ach.. i definitely would have seen this had I not found out about it a day late. these things don't get archived somewhere do they?

Oh god, I sure hope the shins come to Toronto, but at least we're getting Notwist!

Dont worry Skeek, you have this to look forward to still:

2-15 New York, NY - Late Night with Conan O'Brian :up:

Thanks to SkeeK's extensive knowledge of Soulseek users, I found and aquired The Shins' 'Nature Bears a Vacuum' EP (their first release, pre Sub Pop days). it's quite intersting, they've come along way.

Anyone who may desire a listen, feel free to let me know. Share and share alike is my motto.

u2popmofo said:
Thanks to SkeeK's extensive knowledge of Soulseek users, I found and aquired The Shins' 'Nature Bears a Vacuum' EP (their first release, pre Sub Pop days). it's quite intersting, they've come along way.

Anyone who may desire a listen, feel free to let me know. Share and share alike is my motto.

I wants it...:wink:

i've got that too.. downloaded from the same dude as mofo probably. cool stuff

I also found their other pre Sub Pop release through extensive searching: 'When I Goose Step' EP/Single? It just has 2 songs, but they really show the movement towards what we saw in Oh, Inverted World.

OK kids...for quite a while I've been noticing that the Shins are mentioned everywhere on this damn forum, yet I have not heard one thing from them. So I got Chutes Too Narrow tonight...I trust your opinion so I better not be disappointed :sexywink:

Last edited:
~LadyLemon~ said:
OK kids...for quite a while I've been noticing that the Shins are mentioned everywhere on this damn forum, yet I have not heard one thing from them. So I got Chutes Too Narrow tonight...I trust your opinion so I better not be dissapointed :sexywink:

:up: Let us hear your impressions!!!

Let me warn you, they are the kind of band that wears on you with time. On first listen, you'll probably like a song or two, and then after a little while realize that you're addicted to every song on the dang thing. :up:

You know, that actually happened to me with the Strokes' first album. It took me a while, then one day everything clicked and now every song on the album makes me spazz with glee. I'll put it in very heavy rotation then, and we'll see what happens :D

Where are the impressions????!!!

I also know someone else recently got their albums too, where are those impressions??!!!

:angry:

hey mofo, remind me again if i've missed when they're playing on conan or not?

They're on Conan tomorrow!!!!!

It's good you reminded me to look, I would have forgotten too!

Tomorrow, yay.

u2popmofo said:
Where are the impressions????!!!

I also know someone else recently got their albums too, where are those impressions??!!!

Haha, sorry didn't mean to keep you in suspense! It took me a few listens, but I really like their latest (in fact, I just put So Says I on a recent mix). Their songs are catchy and they have great melodies...I'll have to catch Conan tomorrow! Good 'power' pop :up:

u2popmofo said:

Patience is a virtue, my dear. You know I've got about 40 billion hours of new music to listen to and an AFI concert to prepare for. :wink:

i'll have to try and remember to tune in to Conan. Damn I wish they were coming to Southwestern Ontario.

I downloaded Chutes Too Narrow off of i-tunes recently and have found it to be quite addictive.

I liked what The Stranger had to say about them:

The Shins' first, now famous album, Oh, Inverted World, sounded, the first time I heard it, like something beamed in from afar: distant, attenuated, full of sky. Though still steeped in introspection and intelligent world-worry, their new album, Chutes Too Narrow, is faster, more fun, more free somehow. I am not a music writer so I have a hard time articulating what it is about the band that makes me a little loose in the head, but it has something to do with James Mercer's sweet, agile, unfragile voice, and the feeling that, if you're going to be sad, this is a beautiful way. CHRISTOPHER FRIZZELLE

Back
Top Bottom