MERGED-->NEW SONG/ALBUM from THE SHINS! + New Shins leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW! This thing is great!!! I'm going to have to say I like it more than the last one! Great stuff.

#5 is awesome, then again they all have been so far. (I'm on #5 right now)

PS - I'm uploading it onto EP's FTP right now (I'm guessing he'll want this), so all you homies can get it from him! :up:

PSPS - #9 is that song that was the video on their website!!!! Yeehaw!!!! That song rules.

Last edited:
yertle,
Do yourself a huge favor and Check this out!

I have been waiting a year and a half, and I am not dissapointed. The shins have made the album of the yaer perhaps...or am I over-reacting? Anyway, theses guys are going to be huge if they want. It kind of makes me sad, but I am so glad someone is making music this good.

I would be interested to hear people's reaction to this new album. So go, download, listen, come back here and tell all about it, then, if you like it, buy it when it comes out in october.

Track 5 Saint Simon, is absolutely georgious! The kind of song that will get stuck in your head for days. But all of these songs are that way.

This stuff is pure pop candy but done with so much class and just enough experimentation to ensure that it only gets better with more listens.

:up:

It's quite a bit better than the last album, and I loved the last album :up:

It's a really consistantly strong album.

yeah I agree
Oh,Inverted World had some weaker moments (NOT MANY!) but they were still charming and so I loved them anyway. This album is solid all the way through. I am curious to see what kind of reviews this gets. Not that that matters.

u2popmofo said:

PS - I'm uploading it onto EP's FTP right now (I'm guessing he'll want this), so all you homies can get it from him! :up:

mofo, you are one step ahead on this one, good show chap, good show I say...

-EP

I listened to both of their albums a couple times each yesterday (not much to do after church).

I realized that I like their first album a lot more than I remembered, and that their newest album is 100% solid. :up:

I agree. I liked the songs when I first heard them, and they just keep getting better annd better.

I love Pink Bullets!
"since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn, or a movie so crass and awkwardly cast, that even I could be the star"

That is brilliant poetry!

So are you going to see them on the 12th in Salt Lake? (supposing that date is confirmed) I hope that date is confirmed because I already have it off of work.
I would not miss this if you paid me!

As for which album is better, I can't decide. I have more experience with "Oh, Inverted World" so it's hard to judge. Maybe a year from now I could give you an accurate answer. All I know is I love the Shins and wish their was more music of this quality around.

Where are all of the Shins fans that are supposed to respond to this post? We can't be the only ones here. Can we?

I would like to see them on the 12th. Any ticket info out there yet? (prices, location, etc).

It's funny you mention 'Pink Bullets', I've really been digging on it and 'Turn a Square' lately.

So, I'm guessing you enjoyed Radiohead also. I reviewed it in the review section here, I hope you weren't one of the people in my 'awards' section :wink:

"Enjoyed Radiohead" would be an understatement! I wrote a short review in the review section. I am pretty sure that I am not one of those people ;)

Keeping with this thread..."Turn A Square" is the funnest song I have heard in a long time.

"...wearing tennis shorts made of stripes..."

I will let you know when I find out about their live show. If its at Kilby Court, then you just pay at the door. They dont sell tickets. Have you been there? I am telling you it is literally a garage, like you might have on the side of your modest income home, except trashier. I was surprised to hear that they were playing there again, and thats why I think they might change the venue. We will see.

0621-2_big.gif

The new record will be out on October 21st. It's called Chutes Too Narrow. We recorded it in James' basement and partly at Avast Studios in Seattle with Phil Ek. He tried to touch us. He has a bad touch.

Saw them on the 12th in Salt Lake! They completely rocked that tiny venue. There is something special about those guys. Were you there mofo? I was in the area toward the back door to the left of the stage. Afterwards I shook hands with the singer and guitar player and thanked them for coming. They seemed like very nice guys.

Hoodlem said:
Saw them on the 12th in Salt Lake! They completely rocked that tiny venue. There is something special about those guys. Were you there mofo? I was in the area toward the back door to the left of the stage. Afterwards I shook hands with the singer and guitar player and thanked them for coming. They seemed like very nice guys.

I wasnt there. I wasnt sure if the concert was really happening or not. I also didnt know where to get tickets (Smithtix doesnt seem to cover that venue)

Hoodlem said:

Excellent, I am going to try and see them in Louisville, this is currently my most listened to album....

*waving cd and gloating* look what i've got :wink:

iwb the dork says: cool cd artwork.

here is a kewsteon...

is the actual CD different fromt he mp3s that were leaked like 2 months ago? different mix? even better???(as if that were possible).

i know that one guy who posts a lot said it's better, but I need corroboration. Often it's the fault of computer speakers that make mp3s sound lameass

It's the same mix, the mp3's just werent very high quality. Everything really stands out on the cd, I've noticed many different details I never would have heard on the mp3's.

But yes, its' the same versions of the songs as is on the mp3's.

Back
Top Bottom