MERGED->New Coldplay song "Talk" leaked + Coldplay song "Talk"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImOuttaControl

Refugee
New Coldplay song "Talk" leaked

I was just on the coldplay forum and found this out...

Sounds very fresh! It's supposed to be influenced by a bowie and Kraftwerk. Great bass and guitar work...I felt a little hypnotised listening to it. BTW, the song also has quite a U2 feel to it.

I don't know if this is a finished song or not, people at coldplaying.com said "Talk" was supposed to be an album track but will now be a b-side...if this is a b-side, I can't wait for the album!

Last edited:
Coldplay song "Talk"

I don't think that this board is strictly for U2 song so....

I read on a message board called "Coldplaying.com" that a Coldplay song called "Talk" leaked on the internet. Not one of the 6 songs that are all static, but one that actually works and u can hear pretty well. It's suposed to have some Kraftwork riff or something....

If anyone knows anything about this or has the song can they post a you send it link, reply, or email me at

IrishDawg90@gmail.com

Thanks! I really like Coldplay :wink:

I just started listening to it, and I like what I hear so far.

I can definitely hear a lot of similarity to U2, mainly in the guitar -- sounds a lot like All Because Of You's beginning and Miracle Drug, actually.

Great tune!! I'm so glad to hear some fresh quality music like that. However, after only one listen, I did find the lyrics a bit muddy and the chorus was not overly catchy. Definitely a sign of good things to come though!! :drool:

Thanks for the link!!

whitehead said:
Great tune!! I'm so glad to hear some fresh quality music like that. However, after only one listen, I did find the lyrics a bit muddy and the chorus was not overly catchy. Definitely a sign of good things to come though!! :drool:

Thanks for the link!!

No prob!

By the way, I couldn't understand a damn thing Martin was singing, but after a few listens I can hear pretty much everything (reminds me of the way I used to have to work to hear what bono was saying during Achtung/ Zooropa/ Pop years)

aww man coldplay will kick u2's arss!!!

the vocals are very clean !! and great drum beat!!!

dont know if this will be on the new album, but great song!

Coldplay interview on radio 1 tonight, Monday night, apparently

(There's also Idlewild on Lamacq live if you're interested :) )

schnazdoodle said:
I can't open the links either... :( Still very much excited, however...

the links are still working...clicking on them will get you nowhere. You need to copy/paste to your browser and fill inbetween the periods like so .you send it. (no spaces)

Got it, yeah, I like it. It has a great depth to it, something that stuff from AROBTTH didn't really have for me out with Clocks. Still sounds like a u2 song though!

Interview is on Zane Lowe's show from 7pm....just so you know. They just gave a few more details on Radio 1 news :up:

I like Talk :dancing: :)

There's mention made at coldplaying.com that this track won't be on the new album! :confused:

New link:

http://s32.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3FG25ORF4HHN83MCQQ6NRQCJH3

Copy & paste the link to your address bar
Delete the spaces between you send it

Edited to add another link if the first one expires:

http://s16.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=2X6KOEOQHG8SJ1U0UYVBVA238P

Last edited:
Thanks for the links,,,

What a cool song,,, The drums and bass reminds me of - Ashes to ashes - by bowie.. Anyway, it seems quite clear now that the new album will be just as good as i thought :up:

Coldplay will be the biggest band on earth someday,,, The day U2 stops ofcourse :wink: so lets hope it wont happen for the next 20-30 years

It's ok I can't get overly excited by it, shouldn't be a single imo, comparing it to Ashes To Ashes is like comparing a one legged donkey propped against a seagull to a Horse with the full capacity to run i.e. has all of it's legs

ZeroDude said:
It's ok I can't get overly excited by it, shouldn't be a single imo, comparing it to Ashes To Ashes is like comparing a one legged donkey propped against a seagull to a Horse with the full capacity to run i.e. has all of it's legs

If it makes you feel any better, it appears to be only a B-side...

I quite like this song. If it's only going to be a B-side, it makes me wonder how the actual album is gonna be.

Yea that does, the hopes I had are coming back to me after a moment of doubt:wink:

^
Yea it's ok but I'm really glad to hear it's likely to be a B- side

Back
Top Bottom