MERGED->New Coldplay song "Talk" leaked + Coldplay song "Talk"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even people outside the U2 fanbase if they have heard U2 before there is a quote out there that goes like this

"I liked Coldplay better when they were a band called U2"

Not that Coldplay is bad because I wish more bands would take some inspiration from U2, the thing is they have always taken it from the early days of U2, still not got to the Achtung Baby type music yet...probably cause its too far for them to reach.

Decent song though :)

I love this song. I've been listening to it nonstop for eight hours now haha.

The guitar riff is sweet in "Talk", Im not really down with the lyrics. Coldplay is a softer U2, Chris Martin doesnt have the same emotion as Bono, and what makes me compare U2 to Coldplay is the guitar riffs, very U2.

I really like Coldplay but I dont think they are much like U2 at all. Sure, you can hear some of the influence in some songs but as a whole it doesnt seem very U2 like to me. :shrug: Each their own though. There are worse things to be compared to than U2, its actually a pretty big compliment IMO.

not impressed, :|, im not the "everything new sucks" kinda person but this sounds more like a b-side, it's not terrible but not very good. their 2 cds ahve been good and i'm sure the next will be too, can't wait to hear the rest of the songs to have a more infomred opinion.

[q]Coldplay Reveals More Album Details

Wed Mar 9, 6:53 PM ET

Add to My Yahoo! Entertainment - Reuters

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - U.K. band Coldplay debuted several tracks from its as-yet-untitled new album last Friday (March 4) during an intimate concert for fans and industry personnel in London.

New songs "Speed of Sound," "A Message" and "What If" were unveiled, while time constraints prevented a fourth tune, "Fix You," from being played.

Frontman Chris Martin (news) also described another song, "Square One," as "designed to be played live" during a Monday interview with BBC Radio One. The band previously said tracks such as "The Hardest Part," "X&Y" and "'Till Kingdom Come" were contenders to make the final cut.

The artist elaborated on why Coldplay scrapped its first batch of new material last summer, after it had begun rehearsing the songs for a planned tour.

"We realized that we didn't really have the right songs, and some of them were starting to sound better, because we were playing them, than they did on record. So we thought we better go back and record them again," he said.

Martin said the new album was days away from being finished, and that only one song was left to mix. The set will arrive in June via Capitol. One new song, "Talk," has been circulating online in the past few days. Reports suggest it may be earmarked for a B-side.

Coldplay will make its first public live appearance since 2003 on Saturday (March 12) during a KCRW benefit at Los Angeles' Universal Amphitheater.

Martin admitted Coldplay is nervous to trot itself back out in front of audiences. "We've been away for so long now, and the only public feedback we get is tabloid gossip, which is generally vitriolic," he said. "So at this point we feel so unpopular and so out of the loop."

In addition to its April 30 headlining appearance at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., Coldplay will play a rare club show the night before in Las Vegas. The group will begin a European tour June 15 in Hamburg, Germany.

Reuters/Billboard [/q]

Cant get any more blatent in taking the hook out of a song then with Computer Love.

Anybody that downloads it will be able to tell....

Yahweh said:
Cant get any more blatent in taking the hook out of a song then with Computer Love.

Anybody that downloads it will be able to tell....

Damn, you're right. :|

I think Coldplay will announce a US Summer Tour shortly (as posted on Coldplay.com). Has anyone seen them live? Are they too boring?

U2@NYC said:
I think Coldplay will announce a US Summer Tour shortly (as posted on Coldplay.com). Has anyone seen them live? Are they too boring?

They are great live. Much more 'rock'.

Great, I will keep my eyes posted. By the way, if you register at their website they give you a first shot a pre-sales...

Although I am afraid that they will only come to NY and some other larger cities and probably skip DC... :(

"Talk" is a great song, but i would like to have the lyrics... someone?

:drool: What a great song! And it doesn't looks like B-Side, it must be a single!

it grows on you after a few listens.. really nice.. the guitar at the beginning.. it kinda makes me feel like im listening to an 80s U2 song. weird. :wink:

oh btw, is 'see you soon' an old song? i dont remember this song, but i am no expert on them.

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:

I saw them 4 times last tour. I found them far from boring.

Do you know if they have gone around the U.S. in previous tours or whether they have basically stayed at the major markets?

Back
Top Bottom