MERGED->New Coldplay song "Talk" leaked + Coldplay song "Talk"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eh...it's ok.

sounds like 1982 all over again.

good for a b side.

I haven't been keeping up with all of the details of their new album. Who's producing?
Talk is pretty good. I'm sure it will grow on me. Very atmospheric, reminds me of someone...:hmm:

RademR,

Is there any chance you could repost that link, it's dead now, or e-mail me the song @: dub2501@yahoo.com

I'd bloody well love to hear a new tune from them!!

U2dork said:
reminds me of someone...:hmm:

reminds me alot of Big Country or any number of bands that were coming up with u2 around 1982 or so.

Queen Bee said:
New link:

http://s32.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3FG25ORF4HHN83MCQQ6NRQCJH3

Copy & paste the link to your address bar
Delete the spaces between you send it

Edited to add another link if the first one expires:

http://s16.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=2X6KOEOQHG8SJ1U0UYVBVA238P

:kiss:

Thank ye kindly, Barbara dear!

And I agree with the statement that it sounds like it could be a song from the 80's. It has a little bit of an Unforgettable Fire feel to it... Not that that's bad of course - I was just hoping that Coldplay would sound a bit less like U2 on this album. :sigh:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Danton Supple

Hmm. Did a little google search on him. He was the engineer on Miss Sarajevo and has worked under Eno and Lillywhite. Totally explains the atmospheric quality.

ADecentMelody said:

Hey Di, the links are still live, but here's another:

http://s32..com/d.aspx?id=0VB04F0RI12B21KUFG7SKF18DR

I do agree about the 1982 comment. It actually sounds like a polished song from the October album. I like it as a b-side as well. At the same time, one of my fave Coldplay songs is See You Soon - a b-side.

oh i love you, thank you!

this is gonna take a little listenign to to get used to but its sounding good, especially considering its meant to just be a b-side
bring on the a-sides i say!

Could someone please send it to me, or repost a ysi?
My email is flannels(at)gmail.com. Thanks.

coldplay is one of the most overrated bands in music history. i don't like this kind of music especially the whiny-voiced singing.
the same with keane. just boring. for me its tragic that u2 has keane as support act at munich olympic stadium.

am i the only one who thinks this sounds like it could have come off HTDAAB?
in fact the beginning reminds me of Mercy a little incy bit

shoot me down now if you like
it is very U2 though

I cant stand everyone comparing them to U2, I dont see it, honestly. No offense to those that have.

Im a Coldplay fan, Ive liked thier first two albums and look forward to this one. But this song is not good. At all....

Elvis Presley said:
I cant stand everyone comparing them to U2, I dont see it, honestly. No offense to those that have.

It's mainly from a musical side that Coldplay sounds like U2, in my opinion. Particularly in the guitars. For instance, when I heard "Moses" for the first time, I could have sworn it was a U2 song. In this new song, the chord changes and atmospheric quality are a little reminiscent of "A Sort Of Homecoming." Chris Martin doesn't sound terribly much like Bono (with the exception of when he sings in a deeper vocal range), but you can sort of hear Bono's influence in his lyrics. Some of Bono's vocal mannerisms come out a little as well (which is understandable, considering the fact that Chris himself has admitted he's a fan of both U2 and Bono).

If anything, Coldplay sound more like an amalgamation of U2 and Radiohead, to me.

Could all the U2 comparisons have anything to do with the fact that everyone here is very very familiar with U2?

Id guess it does...

For those that need assistance. And remember to take out the spaces in the url and add the http.

//s16. you send it .com/d.aspx?id=3QDT9JOBVM5472SCBW7OP9QWNP

Back
Top Bottom