MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically... - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2006, 10:43 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:45 PM
Any of you aware that they are in the process of creating a prequel to BSG called Caprica? It covers how they began the Cylons...

It doesn't have the green light yet, but still, very interesting.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:11 PM   #122
Refugee

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
Any of you aware that they are in the process of creating a prequel to BSG called Caprica? It covers how they began the Cylons...

It doesn't have the green light yet, but still, very interesting.
I've heard about it and read a short blurb of it in the NYPost a few weeks ago. IIRC, it's about the Adamas against the Greystone family, back when Bill was still young. Looks interesting, they I believe will probably talk about the origins of Cylons as well and whatnot.

I hope that Ron Moore isn't going to start working on it until they finish Galactica (or if he's working on Caprica, to not put so much on that, and more on Galactica)... last thing we really need is the quality of the show/episodes declining because he wants to start another project. Not being harsh, just want him to keep everything from being rushed and getting the fans all riled up.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #123
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

I read about that. At the moment I'm kinda meh about the whole thing. I would like to see what lead up to the Cylon rebellion, but maybe not a series on it. Well, we'll see. I was completly uninterested in BSG, and now I think it's pretty much the greatest show, maybe, ever?

Tonight, however, I have a dilemna. The Islanders are playing, and they've been playing well. If I don't watch, they might start playing badly, and then it'd be my fault for not watching. Ugh. Tough call.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:28 PM   #124

Tonight's was kinda "meh". I still don't understand why they let him go, that didn't seem to make much sense. And Adama feeling that he started the war? i dunno.

I do like the Cylon side plot thing though.

And the next episode preview didn't do it for me. Fight Club Galactica?
Old 11-18-2006, 01:58 PM   #125
Refugee

Can't read any of your comments about the latest episode yet... I've yet to see it still

The bf sent me this link this morning and I thought you'd all like to know... maybe that's a reason why all the episodes are kinda blahhed:

Quote:
Ronald D. Moore, the executive producer and imaginative genius behind the new “Battlestar Galactica” will take a scifi/horror classic and try to make it into something his own. Moore has decided to take on the monster made famous in the John W. Campbell scifi short story called “Who Goes There.” The story was adapted some 13 years later in 1951 into a scifi flick featuring James Arness (Gunsmoke’s Matt Dillon) as the monster from outer space. John Carpenter expanded on the idea in his 1982 film of “The Thing” starring Kurt Russell.

Variety reports that Moore will write the script based on Carpenter’s idea, but with some re-imaging of his own to be expanded more as a companion to Carpenters film, which, if you have seen how Moore has re-invented “Battlestar Galactica,” ought to prove to be an interesting 2-hr theatrical ride.
Link here
Old 11-19-2006, 10:41 PM   #126
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Okay, the brother just left and I finally had a chance to sit and watch BSG.

I was also not that impressed... after the intense storylines of last couple of weeks, I thought they kind of dropped the ball (and lost a lot of momentum). I don't really see how this advances the storyline at all... I'm hoping something in the next couple of weeks clues me in to why it was important that Bulldog was allowed to escape from the Cylons and that Adama's "mistake" was revealed. I certainly hope it serves for more than bringing Tigh back from the dead.

Though I must say, Adama's emotional delivery of the line "It only takes one" really got to me. Even with a less-than-stellar script, he still manages to make it meaningful.

And what happened to Bulldog at the end? Where was he going?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:15 AM   #127

I think he was going to a shrink. And I think they let him go so that he'd kill Adama, but that's friggin silly.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #128
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
And I think they let him go so that he'd kill Adama, but that's friggin silly.
Actually, that's kind of brilliant of the Cylons. Use the weaknesses of human anger and betrayal against themselves.

Somehow, the Cylons knew it was Adama's mistake and that Bulldog would find out eventually.

It would create dissent within the human population if they knew that the man they were following to Earth was possibly responsible for the deaths of their loved ones and homeworld.

Thankfully, that DIDN'T happen, but the possibility is still there.

This show gets better and better as it goes on.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally posted by Rafiennes

Actually, that's kind of brilliant of the Cylons. Use the weaknesses of human anger and betrayal against themselves.

Somehow, the Cylons knew it was Adama's mistake and that Bulldog would find out eventually.

It would create dissent within the human population if they knew that the man they were following to Earth was possibly responsible for the deaths of their loved ones and homeworld.

Thankfully, that DIDN'T happen, but the possibility is still there.

This show gets better and better as it goes on.
I think for all the peices to fall into place like that is a bit far fetched, no? There's a lot of variable in there. And if the cylons knew where the Galatica was, why not just for it themselves?
Old 11-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #130
Blue Crack Addict

I finally watched the episode today, as I was busy Friday night.

I'd say it was a good, but not great, episode. I found the backstory intriguing, and if this can be used as a way for Adama and Tigh to reconcile, that works for me.

It did feel a bit disjointed at times - it's almost like they took a breather after the excellent run they had to open the season.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #131
Refugee

Just saw the episode today, but I think I've got to watch it again.

That was the guy who I was asking about a few weeks about. I hate when SciFi shows teasers that show things happening weeks later... why spoil it for us?

I think it was interesting how they talked about Adama's past, and how he fit into the whole story, and the whole guilt trip of his (hence his no leaving anyone behind motto) was interesting.

I definitely liked this episode better than last week's. At least this one had something going for it plot-wise.

Hopefully Tigh and Adama will make up after this. You see Tigh putting down the bottle for Adama, that even though he disliked Adama after New Caprica, he still found it in himself to shelve the demons and help out his best friend, despite the differences they are having. He also got rid of that ugly gauze patch and finally put on a real one. Could that mean that he's ready to leave his room? Hopefully so!

And I totally agree with the week after next's episode... fight club? Wtf?
Old 11-21-2006, 01:33 AM   #132
Refugee

Ooh... just hot off the SciFi Wire:

Quote:
Battlestar Moves To Sundays

SCI FI Channel's award-winning series Battlestar Galactica will move to a new timeslot starting Jan. 21, 2007: Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, following the premiere of the new original series The Dresden Files at 9 p.m.

Battlestar Galactica has been airing episodes of its current third season on Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

The current season picks up the story of the ragtag fleet of human survivors as they flee the Cylon menace. Executive-produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick, the series stars Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Grace Park. —Patrick Lee, News Editor
Link Here
Old 11-22-2006, 06:22 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

I guess that's a good thing, although it really doesn't matter much to me. I'll see it one way or the other.

It's not on this week, though. Bummer.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:21 AM   #134
Refugee

If you guys watch Heroes as well, the latest episode (9), in the beginning, there's a school kid who's wearing a Galactica t-shirt in the background.

How subtle was that for NBC to push Galactica through Heroes?
Old 11-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #135
Blue Crack Addict

Having Heroes and BSG back-to-back would be an interesting idea for NBC, although as we discussed earlier, I'm not sure if doing that is in the best interests of BSG.