MERGED-->New Battlestar Galactica + the most politically... - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:54 AM
I've said it before, but I truly love how this show makes you think. Sure, destroy the Cylon race because of the obvious, but wait a sec - what if there are cylons who want to live with humans, like Sharon?

The cylons are just like humans - there are some really bad ones within the bunch, but it doesn't mean the good ones should be killed, too.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #107
Refugee

Local Time: 08:54 AM
This episode wasn't so bad. A lot of character development though, and they gave brief appearances for Tyrol and Starbuck.

Why did Athena make the Basestar self-destruct? I was thinking that the Cylon in her believed that the Basestar was slowly dying and wanted to put it out of its misery... and too bad the beacon blew up with it.

Did anyone enjoy that little "War of the World" twist there? Advanced creatures dying from something simple like the bubonic plague that humans have developed immunity to? I liked that.

And Baltar's torture...
Not that he doesn't deserve it, but I thought Cylons were above primitive human torture... guess not (New Caprica Detention Center).

Old 11-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #108
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Quote:
Originally posted by Sevikins
This episode wasn't so bad. A lot of character development though, and they gave brief appearances for Tyrol and Starbuck.
In the podcast he was talking about how they had lots of action scenes in the original draft, but they felt that they just weren't working in the storyline once they actually filmed. And apparently there was a lot of Starbuck in those scenes that were cut.

And yeah, the twist with the virus was pretty sweet... and the fact that Boomer/Sharon/Athena was immune too because of her pregnancy was a really awesome way to keep her safe
Old 11-12-2006, 12:27 AM   #109
Refugee

I downloaded the podcast, I'll probably give it a listen tomorrow or whatnot.

And regarding Athena's immunity, I swear the bf's either psychic, or he's secretly part of BSG. He mentioned that right before we watched the episode and I just wanted to beat him senseless... he's like my own last minute spoiler .
Old 11-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #110
Blue Crack Addict

Helo rocks.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #111
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Sevikins

And regarding Athena's immunity, I swear the bf's either psychic, or he's secretly part of BSG. He mentioned that right before we watched the episode and I just wanted to beat him senseless... he's like my own last minute spoiler .

Tell him he must sit in the other room and not talk to you before the show!

And yes, Helo does indeed rock. I was thinking... would I have the courage to risk my life (considering the other people on the ship might retaliate if they find out that he sabotaged the plan) in order to do something that I believed was necessary.

I also thought it was interesting that at the end of the episode they found out that the plan to destroy the Cylons probably wouldn't have worked anyway...

I thought Laura and Adama's private discussion of genocide was fantastically insightful... whether or not they should approve of genocide in order to keep the human race going knowing that history will condemn them, or to make the ethical decision and risk having the entire human population decimated. Really interesting question...

gah. I love this show so much.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #112
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by hippy

Tell him he must sit in the other room and not talk to you before the show!

And yes, Helo does indeed rock. I was thinking... would I have the courage to risk my life (considering the other people on the ship might retaliate if they find out that he sabotaged the plan) in order to do something that I believed was necessary.

I also thought it was interesting that at the end of the episode they found out that the plan to destroy the Cylons probably wouldn't have worked anyway...

I thought Laura and Adama's private discussion of genocide was fantastically insightful... whether or not they should approve of genocide in order to keep the human race going knowing that history will condemn them, or to make the ethical decision and risk having the entire human population decimated. Really interesting question...

gah. I love this show so much.
Lots of food for though, the whole ethical thing is what really separates us from the Cylons really. Well not a total separation, but humans like to think they're more different than their mechanical creations.

I think the crew, or at least Adama and Roslin already know who was behind the door being jammed. As Roslin said, there are two likely suspects. The thing is seeing what's going to happen in the next episode to Helo or Athena, or both, or if something will happen after all. Adama said he's closing the book on it though.

Plus I guess if they did get to execute the Cylons and the resurrection ships/Basestars got infected, would we really have a chance at another season? No, so hurray for Helo's acts! Drag it on lol.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #113
Blue Crack Supplier

been too much caught up in the Elections to even go to a BG site.

Now i can go read the synopsysis before i read more reccent comments. Hopefully my sib will be out late again some fri so i can can see more.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Isn't it interesting how the President and Adama's views on things have changed since this show began? If this scenario had presented itself early on, I think their feelings would have been reversed. Adama would have been the one who easily agreed to kill all the cylons like that, while Roslin would have had doubts. But because of his experience with Sharon/Athena, and her experiences on New Caprica, they've changed.

The President has become the ruthless one.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #115
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Yup. Rolsin is getting bitter. Adama is getting older and mellow. I like the switch. And it was done very naturally.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #116
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
Yup. Rolsin is getting bitter. Adama is getting older and mellow. I like the switch. And it was done very naturally.

I think it's definitely reflected by the fact that Roslin stayed on New Caprica while Adama was on Galactica... Roslin thinks about all of the horror and hardship she experienced under Cylon rule while Adama's experience with Cylons is largely based on his interactions with Sharon.

Anyway, it definitely makes for some interesting discussions between the two of them
Old 11-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

This thread should never stray too far from the top.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:50 PM   #118

So say we all.....SO SAY WE ALL!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:26 PM   #119
ONE<br>love, blood, life

SO SAY WE ALL

You know what sucks, though? I have family visiting me for the next two Fridays... which means I'll have to delay gratification on BSG for a looooong time. Though I might try to see this week's episode in the small amount of time I *might* have on Sunday... I'm such a dork that I'm upset my FAMILY are coming into town for Thanksgiving because it means that I'll have to miss BSG
Old 11-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #120

Quote:
SO SAY WE ALL

You know what sucks, though? I have family visiting me for the next two Fridays... which means I'll have to delay gratification on BSG for a looooong time. Though I might try to see this week's episode in the small amount of time I *might* have on Sunday... I'm such a dork that I'm upset my FAMILY are coming into town for Thanksgiving because it means that I'll have to miss BSG
I know what you mean. A few of us brought my wife out to dinner for her birthday last Friday and at nine o'clock I was like, "DAMMIT, I should be home right now." When the night ended early (my wife is pregnant, so she gets tired quick) I was the first one out of the bar cause I had to get my geek on. I'm so lame.